• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
@Barillius

No, you seem to not understand logic... when you claim someone has made a mistake you need to explain why/how. Like how did i misuse the word objectively?

ob·jec·tive
(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

i have proven, objectively meaning you or anyone can check my work and do it yourself based on the number in the game, not my view. play though running past all unnecessary enemies = same exp, less time, more money. YES im right that is the correct usage of objectively

No opinion their, just facts. Meaning the game objectively encourages running past enemies.

The design choice is bad, factually. opinions irrelevant including mine.

"FEATURE of the gam "= Plea to authority fallacy = worthless argument, try again.

This IS a grinder game, except the player is grinding missions instead of enemies, while running past the enemies. The reason there needs to be exp for enemies is so there is a reason to fight them in the first place, and if there is a reason to fight them once then yes people will do it more because its FUN... and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
- To improve the effect of water
- To improve the effect of rain, with mist effect

- I would use the right trigger pad type:
- Press once sign x
- Double tap sign y
- Awards three times sign z

-possibility to put unwanted objects from the junk inventory

I want to be able to activate more skills. If I make my way to level 70 I want to be able to use all the abilties I have unlocked. My idea is to have a series of generic slots unlocked from level 31, that aren't connected to mutagens and whose passive abiilities for generating stamina and adrenaline are disabled. I want to keep unlocking these after level 30, so I can become more broad in my build.

Being drunk is.....agh looking quite sober?

I still have to get my hands on the game because I need to upgrade my PC first,so I was giving my best to remain spoiler free and only watched couple of videos with exploration and mechanics.One of them was about Geralt getting drunk in Witcher 3 and it was quite.....dissapointing.

It seems like CD Projekt Red did the same thing to alcohol and fisstech(is it even in the game?) that Bethesda did to alcohol and skooma in Skyrim.....nerfed the shit out of it and made it a little bit stronger than your regular chocolate milk.

:facepalm:

The video about effects which occur once you get drunk in Witcher 3 is this one and you can clearly see in it how Geralt is barely affected by several beers and despite some minor screen blur he seems to run and do everything like he instead just had an apple juice:

[video=youtube;RWb-fqRTMcM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWb-fqRTMcM[/video]

On the other hand in this video from Witcher 1 you can see how effects of being drunk are shown not only with cheap screen blur but with special animations where Geralt barely is able to walk and well.....just behaves like a drunkard would. :)

Also the fact that game is missing drinking animations doesn't help at all....I mean even Dragon Age:Inquisition has brief 2 sec. long drinking animation.

Is there any chance better and more believable drunkenness of Geralt will be patched along with drinking animations (which would add to strategic element where if you don't prepare beforehand you will have to waste brief 2 sec. on drinking potions which is imo very good way to reward preparing while not too severaly punishing just going recklessly into combat)?

Couple of things that already have been mentioned in the general Tech Support section:

- On/Off option for automatically drawing resp. sheathing swords
- On/Off option for the on screen feedback / floating numbers when you score a critical hit or put a poisoning/bleeding effect on a foe during combat
- Possibility to sell crossbow bolts (and other non-critical, non-quest related items? that can't be sold)
- if this is actually the case - could you please change the schematics/formulae/recipes system to allow basic, enhanced and superior versions to co-exist side by side and not have the respectively higher tier version replace the lower tier version of a schematic/formula/recipe? I recently picked up the formula for Superior Beast Oil and according to other people describing similar issues I wouldn't be able to pick up and keep the Basic and the Enhanced formulae of Beast Oil when I find them?

Last edited:
Thank You CDPR for such an incredible experience!

Being a longtime Playstation (and nintendo) gamer, I'm very grateful that CDPR has brought this epic masterpiece to the PS4.

I'm well versed enough into RPG's to be able to realize what works and what doesnt. Let me first start off by saying the battle mechanics are spot on, providing fluidly immersive encounters with groups of foes (controls are tight yo!).

The massive amounts of items and ways to use them be it crafting, upgrading, alchemey, etc... is deep, but not at all cumbersome. And unlike other games of recent (ahem DA), things dont turn into an inventory maintenance nightmare.

The flow of the progression is silky smooth, providing what is needed but at the same time giving one the freedom of choice in preparing for battle or marching straight into it.

The graphics go without say, and I can only dream of what this epic will look like on ye all mighty PC... time will tell.

The music and environmental sounds and effects tie it all together for a timeless experience (like how nintendo games are timeess).

You guys are true wizards of the genre, so thank you for inspiring me to finish my rig and immerse myself into the glorious world of The Witcher.

I think is for a performance reason.
Imagine 5 wolfs with hairworks and Gerald without
performance will be near the same as having it for all

FABLE + Shadow of Colossus + SKYRIM + Zelda = WITCHER 3...

...and CD Projekt RED just made the most badass fusion of a game from all these great games.

Would've been cool if it had Mordor light-climbing mechanics though, but I get it CDPR don't want this to be like A-Creed.

Your "Objectively" straw man argument fails on many levels. For example, your "Objective" facts are directly influenced by your OPINION that this game is a mob-killing grinder. Because the game was designed exactly the opposite of your OPINION, you claim they've made a mistake; ergo your failure to understand the term "OBJECTIVELY". While the rest of the people who understand the game and the Modus Operandi of the protagonist is not to kill everything he sees, can agree that running through the lands killing just to raise XP/money is NOT the way this game was intended.

Therefore your original point is moot and invalid as you have based every rebuttal on your interpretation on your "Objectively" definition. Which, as proven above, is false.

As you've been told, over 6 times in this thread alone, this is NOT a trash mob grinder's game, yet you continue to call out the fact that grinding is broken. As long as you insist the game is a grinder, you will fail. Use the XP mod, use the Money exploit, used the unlimited Roach carrying capacity, it matters not to me.

But do not expect the devs to change the game THEY designed because you think it's something it's not.

To be blunt, because it seems you are incapable of understanding the facts presented: Trash mobs are MEANT to be avoided. Deal with it, change it on your computer or just simply stop playing.

Shame on you CDPR....

For making the Wild Hunt side-quests have more length, depth and plot then the entire story lines of some recent RPG's released by "you know what companies".

In all honesty the depth and writing in Wild Hunt makes the recent RPG's feel like they were developed by Disney. Kudos to your team and looking forward to Cyberpunk =)

HairWorks

I know it's been brought up a million times, but I feel like I have to raise the subject again.
I really really want an option for Only Beasts mode in HairWorks, cause personally I don't like it on geralts hair, just looks weird.
I'm sure its not that hard to implement, and I feel there's demand right ?

ARGH! -angry- Why!?

I can't believe I paid ninety dollars. for this game!!!
You are static leveling like Morrowind??!!

I talk to some man at an altar who gives me a quest and I'm all geared up to do as he asks and I look to my journal and it is
LEVEL TEN!! What?? Why??

Oh how I wish I had known this before I had paid for this game!

Oh and by the way the barbers are a lie! Where are the barbers? There are no barbers!

I've done everything in that first area.. Until Geralt started saying I was going to far.. Would not let me get to the last two question marks.

So at level four I get a quest that I can not do for say the next year at this rate..
I'm really really disappointed... Really.. I wanted this game for a long time..
I paid a LOT of money for this game..

Now I can not play it.. No way to grind my levels up..

Spirited Treasure

I can't believe I paid ninety dollars. for this game!!!
You are static leveling like Morrowind??!!

I talk to some man at an altar who gives me a quest and I'm all geared up to do as he asks and I look to my journal and it is
LEVEL TEN!! What?? Why??

Oh how I wish I had known this before I had paid for this game!

Oh and by the way the barbers are a lie! Where are the barbers? There are no barbers!

I've done everything in that first area.. Until Geralt started saying I was going to far.. Would not let me get to the last two question marks.

So at level four I get a quest that I can not do for say the next year at this rate..
I'm really really disappointed... Really.. I wanted this game for a long time..
I paid a LOT of money for this game..

Now I can not play it.. No way to grind my levels up..

Spirited Treasure

Welcome to the forums, even though your start could have been better.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but... How should questing work in your opinion? Of course the quests have different level requierements, otherwise you wouldn't earn any more experience when you are at Level 5. There are TONS of quests for your level, so just do these first and THEN do the harder ones when you leveled up. You don't have to wait for anything in this game, there are lots and lots of things to do - you just have to keep your eyes open. How long have you looked around and read the forums? Probably not very long, judging from your post.

And speaking of quick verdicts... There are barbers, just not in White Orchard. I found one in Velen, but I had to free him from a bandit camp. Please don't use the word "lie" - it's getting really old, really fast. If you wanted this game so much, maybe you shouldn't throw in the towel after half an hour as frustrated as you do. It's kind of pathetic, really.

Last edited:
I have to agree to Yellowcardus.

Because Skyrim was mentioned: Skyrim is a nice game, as was Fallout 3. They were quite good in graphics (for the time they came out). The Fallout series had a good story. Skyrim is not a game for adult audiences, and does not compare well to the WItcher series, Fallout was for a rather adult audience and compares better in many respects.

But all of Bethesda's games had one serious problem: They invited exploration but could not contain the consequences! Players (like me) who like to explore, had a much too high level after too short a time. While Beth tried to contain this via level scaling of the NPCs (which sometimes lead to awful results, when a beggar is level 30), but they failed. I modded Fallout 3 only to make you gain levels slower, because after just a bit of exploration (and there were many things to explore!) you had a much too powerful character.

CDPR tries now to focus you on questing, which is actually a good solution. You can explore, but your level will not explode out of all balance. Nobody forces you to fight NPCs 10 levels above you character. If you want a challenge use harder difficulties.

In this way a player, who does the main quest and a few side quests, and not much more has (nearly) the same chance as a player, who explores and fights. Otherwise you would have to balance the game for the casual player, who does not explore much and does the main quests and not much more - or you would have to balance it for the exploring gamer.

Both solutions are bad. The first solution (balance for the casual gamer) is used in the Fallout series and in Skyrim. It fails, because exploring gamers become too strong and level scaling cannot compensate for this. The second solution (balance for the exploring gamers) would make the game unplayable for players, who do not want to spent hours exploring and fighting.

@Barillius

Again your logic completely fails. no where have i claimed anything about this game should be a mod-killing grinder, that IS actually a straw man unlike how you claimed i used one...

The premise of my argument is that games are meant to be profitable by being fun and maintaining that fun as long as possible, thus if a game is incentivize running thorough it instead of playing it... thats a bad game play aspect again OBJECTIVELY, oops there goes your strawman....

for example, as i said before "every fight avoided is 3+ min of potential gameplay lost" thus giving an incentive for fighting enemies rather than running add HOURS OF GAMEPLAY

O look i was right my original point is perfectly valid as well as my use of objectively, you might also have realized this from the 50% of people who have posted who agree... please learn how logic works.

design choice = still a plea to authority, maybe you don't understand how that works so ill explain, if the designers say that the protagonists 'modus operandi' is to sit and stare at a brick wall for 8 hours, THAT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T MAKE IT GOOD DESIGN CHOICE - meaning if you claim thats they way the game is supposed to be it is a plea to authority fallacy and still completely irrelevant.

So far your argument consist of a plea to authority, ad hominum, and a straw man fallacy and you have yet to make a single valid point. just in case your wondering that means you argument has 0 value.

---------- Updated at 08:48 PM ----------

As i have said many time, you now grind quests while running past the enemies... still grinding

Top Bottom