Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
it could be just me or kaer morhen has better draw disance and better lod that the rest of the game ?
aha ! it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me after all !
when i look at footage recorded, from that area, on the balcony at the begining of the game, the draw distace was rather big.

You guys tried exploring that area? I checked it out a few days ago, it's pretty cool. The images might look a bit too sharp since they're heavily downscaled and I was playing around with the mipmap setting and other stuff.

They really need to release Redkit before the expansions tbh

Attachments

• 7dYEyQ4.jpg
    7dYEyQ4.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 85
  • VONR5wH.jpg
    VONR5wH.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 103
Right and that's why we want it back. Even if it would melt our PC's we want it, we aren't even asking for good optimization, which it should have as well, we just want the ability to add those features. I'm not even sure how easy it would be, but I'm telling CD project red I would pay for it right now even after I already bought the game and so would many others.

Sorry but i dont agree at all.
1- There is NO point of providing visual effect / filter badly optimized just to have the 2013-2014 trailer visual.
If you are unable to play with thoses enabled. That's pointless.
If you need to buy 3 titan X to run that because they didnt spend a single second to optimize that. That's pointless.
You also have to understand that the % of players having a "super high end gaming computer" is very low, its only a very minority, so its more than pointless to provide something that only 100k players over XXmillions will be able to run. ( random number )

2- Wait what ? paying them more to make them do what they should have done in the first place...
Its like.... if... exemple.. you pay someone to build you a house ( you provide architect plan & stuff so you exactly know how your house is gonna be ) the guy end up to provide you a poor wood shack. Are you going to pay him even more to make him build the house you already paid for ?

Are you sick or something to think like that ? I mean... seriously xD

For exemple. Look at the Fox engine ( MGS V engine ) Thoses guys spended time to make a engine that can handle VERY nice looking graphic AND well thought / optimized for the players hardware ( console / PC )
( Even if, ofc, i have no doubt they can push their render even more, but it wont fit the actual hardware : console, and nowdays devs dont really spend time to make "pc only visual". Already "lucky" that heir engine is that well optimized on pc tho... )

And basicaly, it's what CDPR should have done instead of wasting their time with visual they would never been able to deliver..
What they did is :
-wasting money to code all their bullshit graphic
-wasting time instead of working correctly on the game we have now
And personaly, that's what that irritate me the most.

CDPR just went all out for the hype and get money with preorder, and then quickly puke the version we have now and that's it.. ( its pretty prooved with the visual / optimization quality of the "released" version )

Last edited:
angry joe published a video on TW3, and talked about his experience with the game, the downgrade contraversy and bugs/crashes:

apparently he's been following the forums :eek:

You guys tried exploring that area? I checked it out a few days ago, it's pretty cool. The images might look a bit too sharp since they're heavily downscaled and I was playing around with the mipmap setting and other stuff.

They really need to release Redkit before the expansions tbh

Wow! How did you manage to get there? It's in the prologue, right? The tutorial part? If you can go back there then please try avoiding spoilers.

I personally don't remember how big the draw distance was in the prologue. It's such a small part of the game in the beginning. And if it is that big then my God, what a huge discrepancy.

The current lighting is only OK at daytime, when it's raining, at night and indoors it looks horrible. How one can claim that the current lighting is better than in SOD trailer is beyond me.

Last edited:
Sorry but i dont agree at all.
1- There is NO point of providing visual effect / filter badly optimized just to have the 2013-2014 trailer visual.
If you are unable to play with thoses enabled. That's pointless.
If you need to buy 3 titan X to run that because they didnt spend a single second to optimize that. That's pointless.
You also have to understand that the % of players having a "super high end gaming computer" is very low, its only a very minority, so its more than pointless to provide something that only 100k players over XXmillions will be able to run. ( random number )

I said it before, and I'll say it again: It's called making a game future-proof, which was very normal for PC games in the past. If you can't play it, you tweak the settings. Simple.

The caves look even worse.

True dat.

Now that they misled their fanbase about the graphics I can't help but think that two upcoming expansions are actually original Witcher 3 material that was conceived to be in the final game but was scrapped because of the time constraints or maybe because it was deemed by the powers that be that we, gamers, will have too much too fast and for a relatively small pricetag.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/L6VxXGPifbE

What do guys think about the new trailer ?

It is most curious that they did not show a single shot of Novigrad in this new trailer. Nice try...

Honestly, Velen and Skellige look great on ultra. Skellige is breathtaking, and I'd even say it comes close to SoD quality in certain scenes. The only part that looks noticeably worse was Novigrad, especially when covered in shadows. The game atrociously has only one layer of shadow, which means all objects/people have no individual shadows of their own when walking in an even slightly shaded area, and that makes the vast, shaded part of Novigrad looks really, really unrealistic. But of course, Novigrad mysteriously did not show up in this new trailer.

or maybe because it was deemed by the powers that be that we, gamers, will have too much too fast and for a relatively small pricetag.

Off-topic and totally at odds with the amount of content in the released game. Drop the flamebaiting if you wish to continue posting here.
The topic is graphics.

I'll be interested in AJ's final review because he's clearly going to discuss the topic of target render bullshit head on. I completely agree with him. This is an industry practice that needs to die in a fire, and I can't give CDPR a pass anymore than I can Ubisoft. I know it's been hounded to death here, but I can't believe CDPR put a metric crap ton of visual materials out on the web they had to know was never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom