• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
People saying that OP is at fault for cheesing through the fight are just...

This does NOT justify enemies being braindead, the AI is laughably bad once you get to know it.
Basically any outdoor fight has a free out-of-jail card that you can play bo moving slightly out of enemy chase radius.

like here:

And i dare you, i double dare you to look me in the face and admit that in outdoor fight, you'd choose to die rather than move out of their chase radius and wait till you're healed.

I'm a Witcher I run from no one.

People saying that OP is at fault for cheesing through the fight are just...

This does NOT justify enemies being braindead, the AI is laughably bad once you get to know it.
Basically any outdoor fight has a free out-of-jail card that you can play bo moving slightly out of enemy chase radius.

like here:

And i dare you, i double dare you to look me in the face and admit that in outdoor fight, you'd choose to die rather than move out of their chase radius and wait till you're healed.
wow :eek:
i thought they said they worked a great deal on the AI ?

I'm going to assume there are memory limitations, especially regarding animations. As a protective measure, enemies are leashed. Run in and fight as intended, or this. I haven't experimented with it, but I'm also going to assume that some NPCs are protected from harm from the witcher, but not necessarily the world's inhabitants. Someone's only save (you know they are out there) could get completely wrecked if the leashes were longer. This is all assumption and I reserve the right to be dead wrong, and I'm cool with that. ;)

One part of the problem in these videos is having infinite bolts, which is just stupid. However, the AI does have some really bad behaviour in it. For example when there are multiple enemies, usually they just stand there and don't attack if you're not close enough, if you have the tesla coil version of Yrden on the ground, they just stand there and die... The aggro range should definitely be longer.

Play on Death March. It would take foreveeeeeeerrrrrr to kill a level 9 Ghoul that heals.

Also, have you ever hunted? Bow hunted? Yeah, the enemy Ai isn't too great IRL, either. Admittedly for people, that doesn't work out too well, but again..it's an exploit.

You want to exploit bugs, go right ahead. No one will stop you and only your play experience will suffer.

Request or better to call it a wish:

Let's tell the truth, game is amazing. And I think even if not everyone in particular, but definitly there are some devs that are also bound to the story, to the characters, to Geralt, to the Witcher as a whole. Many of the devs did their work, as they have to earn a living (totally fine ;) ) , but I think there are some out there (maybe many) who do see their job being more than just a job ...
It's the same with writing a book - you do earn money, but some/many authors do care more about the book itself, not only about money.

With this long introduction I want get short and straight to the point:
First expansion seems to take place in Novigrad - please use this possibility to implement some more Triss scenes, please use the expansion to change a little bit how Triss is treated later on in the game - please give her more place in the main story & and as the main (possible) love choice.

I can see this not being an easy case - many dialouges to be produced and recorded etc etc etc

But it really feels like a sudden hole appears when one chooses Triss and later on in the game she is not as present as Yen.

Maybe @Marcin Momot or @GingerEffect or any other dev could pass this on to the story team. Because I really can't remember when a video game character was such well designed, that I would beg and hope for some more scenes.
You can't ask an author such a thing, because (and thus being the thing where games are "better" than books), in games (RPGs at least) one can choose - so please make the choice Triss as the main love as heavy as the one with Yen.

To alternate the last words from the movie transformes, I cite and edit Optimus Prime ;) -->
I am [MaxItOut], and I send this message to any
[listening] [CDPR] taking refuge among the [Headquarters]. We are here. We are waiting [for more Triss content].

//original one if someones interested:
I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here. We are waiting.

Last edited:
It's only annoying to me when I'm on a boat. The effect takes up literally half the screen and makes it a lot harder to see where I'm going.

Play on Death March. It would take foreveeeeeeerrrrrr to kill a level 9 Ghoul that heals.

Also, have you ever hunted? Bow hunted? Yeah, the enemy Ai isn't too great IRL, either. Admittedly for people, that doesn't work out too well, but again..it's an exploit.

You want to exploit bugs, go right ahead. No one will stop you and only your play experience will suffer.

I agree. This is clearly a choice the player is making. I love that the NPCs taunt at you. They have the upperhand. They have the numbers. They have something or control an area the witcher wants. It is definitely not in their best interests to go chasing a witcher. They'd prefer Geralt just left them to whatever it is they are doing.

Well since you said yourself, hope CDK fix this bug, because this kills combat experience, watching @skacikpl video,just makes me wonder: "why in the nine hells they are just watching instead of charging and covering their archers?" Hope they tweak the AI for extra aggressiveness

Fix: tweak to taunt less, stagger less and chase more.

Work around: don't exploit it.

As another guy said, it's not a hard thing to ignore. The expoit is very specific. You don't really need to be affected by it. It'd be different from "never using a bomb because it's OP", for instance... or "never using an attack, because the AI has a blind spot and never defends it" (happenend in Soul Calibur, once). This exploit can be easily avoided. And before being harsh with the AI, try to compare it to other games. Compare this stuff with beloved Skyrim exploits, for instance.

Hmm no, sometimes I got myself engaged in combat then started dodging because its part of the play and the mob hit a invisible wall where their agro range simply break and they don't attack me anymore start just making the taunts animation like showed on videos. If it was just something triggered by crossbow I wouldn't mind but this thing happened to me several times during melee combat, got 125 hours in game and finished it on Death March.

Yes. This should be a completely optional thing that everyone is able to turn off or on in the options menu. Some people like it some don't. I happen to be in between on that. Sometimes I like it and sometimes it's just too annoying.

they really messed up the rain effects on camera and many other things feels like i`m not playing the witcher but a different game with geralt,it is a disappointment for me.

Why would this enemy's behavior be scripted? OP said this is a global issue with all human enemies, so it would be handled by AI decisions in combat most likely. It would more likely be handled by script if it was in a scripted battle or mission in which the enemy NPCs were told to go to a specific place at a specific time.

Why? Because they are scripted. Everything any NPC does is scripted, in any and every game, ever. Nothing more than if|while|until|for instructions.

Yes, this is stupid and should be changed. The range of the mind control is also often outside of enemies attacks range and lets you mind control and let the enemies kill each other. I don't do it anymore, but that does not forgive the game for having it in the first place. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

For some reason CDPR fell head over heels in love with immersion breaking screen effects in the game. There's so many I doubt we'll get the option to altar without mods.

Unfortunately for you, the controller has a limited number of buttons and the majority clearly prefer to run, not walk
The reason most PC gamers choose Keyboard and Mouse is more options to enable enough choices to suit everyone.

As an ex console gamer converted to PC, I struggled to adapt. Only by playing a brand new game with unfamiliar controls, did I finally succedd in converting, that one game was enogh to overcome my, can't use K&M attitude. Now I wouldn't even think about the controller for most games, if any at all.

So what existing console function would you lose to provide a walk toggle, if you can find one, you've now only got to convince a majority of controller users to agree with you. Suceed in that and you will have the starting point to argue the case from. Then get enough to post here and try your best persuasion skills on the task.

On your own you're not going to get this changed by debating with those who disagree or don't care and certainly appear to be outnumbering you, at the moment.

there are a couple of ways it could be done, a toggle on/off option in the menu, click L3 once, double click R3, or call roach with R3, walk by pressing L3

Hi everybody,
I'm here for requests/suggestions but first I'd like to thank the devs for the great game they delivered.

Now, it ain't perfect (what is ?) and these are my humble thoughts about what could be changed/added to make it better (at least in my opinion).

First is not really about the game, but this forum : the suggestion part should be a sub-forum, not a thread, it'd then be easier to find duplicates of what we wanna say before posting.

Now the big part,

First thing that made me chuckle in game was when I started having lots of active quests and I wanted to go for the ones closest to me first so I wouldn't always have to travel all the map every 5 mins (I know there is quick travel. I hate quick travel, it kills the immersion). And having to switch from the quest tab to the map can quickly become annoying (and I'm being polite). I'm sure you could add something on the border of the map so we could change quest focus while we're there...please ?

Inventory... now that's a big one. And I wonder why I'm using the "inventory" word. The only thing that makes it more than a crude "list" is that there are icons for each junk you carry. At least add some way to sort it out, for Geralt's sake. If not some more tabs so you can find potions and bombs more easily.
About new stuff, I guess the "*" symbol is great, but does it have to appear over a certain item we already had when we picked up another one of the same ?
In the crafting part, the ability to sort items by types and level (useable) would be great.

For the less annoying details now :

An option to let us decide if we want Geralt's to sheath swords automatically when out of combat would be great. Sometimes, when doing mounted combat, I make a wide turn and find myself next to an enemy that was following me and no sword in hand... funny the first time, not so after the 10th.

That's all for the moment, I'll keep it updated whenever I find something worth listing in here. Thanks for reading !

Last edited:
Wow-ho! The mind control range is great - the whole POINT is to mind control someone at the outer range of the AI detection, send them in as your kill missile.

Always hilarious. NEkkers swarm each other.

Top Bottom