• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Not a fan of RPGs, but this is one of the best games I've played (just 1 thing to make even better)

Sorry for my bad english. I'm too addicted in this game. Just exploring and don't even remeber to do the main quests. One thing I would like is to remove the invisible barrier that lock enemy in one specific area (for example, you're fighting some wolfs, and if you keep going back, somewhere they don't cross anymore, you keep there shooting arrows on them and they can't come to you). And that would make possible that I could take a Cyclop to a town and see the party beginning, or even a dragon. Would be cool if monsters come to the city sometimes, and see AI vs AI fights.

I know it's probably been asked many times before, but I would love to see a photo mode for the console versions. So we can take some glorious photo's.

i have one simple request:
put out DLC optionals for PC players for WATER and CLOUD "Shaders/Effects". To be honest, the Water looks worse than in witcher 1 ! i know you cut down the water effect just for performance reasons. Also you did have "Volumetric Clouds" that are gone now.
Both the Water and the Clouds (though clouds less) make the games visual experience unbearable to me at times, as soon as there is a huge amount in the landscape. It is like a hit in the stomach, to see Witcher 3 needing those "workarounds" just to satisfy people with lower end grafic cards.
There always needs to be compromises for a game development in terms of performance and visuals. I don't judge anyone. But please give us some DLC to make Witcher 3 the grafical climax it should be!
I do not really think that adding the "old" Shaders/Effects in, that have actually been in the game at E3 a year back, will influence game design in any way. So why not just do it? We want to choose Yes... i am a grafic enthusiast. . Witcher 3 looks AMAZING in every other aspect, don't get me wrong. There are new standards! But it is like eating a chocolade-cake with car tire pieces on top of it.
Sorry for the blunt and direct words.
I really love your game. Hope you can understand my position and suggestion.
Thank you

Last edited:
[More UI changes I'd like to see]

1. On the map, be able to click on an objective for multi-objective quests to make it the active objective.
2. Have map icons sort of fan out when you hover over areas with stacked icons, ie clustered blacksmith/shops. Then also form a semi-circle around any quest objective central dot if there is one, so that is also the shape of them spreading out I would envision rather than a straight line have them sort of pull apart from each other into a curved fan array.
3. Persistent custom map markers (which don't set mini-map waypoints) that you can both name and set a short description for that shows when hovering over them such as we have for standard markers. They should be able to be deleted or edited, but stick around forever otherwise. I am forever losing track of merchants without reliable icons in Novigrad for example, or sometimes I want to mark places with npcs to check on later to make sure they didn't die for instance (such as hypothetical widows insisting on wailing near bodies in dog infested wooded areas, hypothetically), and there are places where something memorable happened I want to be able to be reminded about later.
4. Filter option to have quest map markers display for all quests of specific types (separate option for story, secondary, treasure hunt, contacts to be shown), but have a different color than the active quest markers and not show up on the mini-map. If I am nearby some little quest or treasure hunt spot while doing another quest, I'd like to notice on the map and swing over to it.

5. A personal preference little tweak: I'd like it if escape didn't go to the higher level world map like it currently does, and you used space like the ui says, where escape goes up to the normal list menu panel. Having right click go to the world map would make sense to me, and using interact to add a quick waypoint instead of right click. Those seem a little more intuitive to me.

[Other things]

* Run/walk toggle state doesn't seem to persist when loading a save game, and that would be nice if it did consistently remain the way I set it.

* It takes frustrating (though objectively not very many, but seemingly unending) moments before I can block/parry while the game is loading into the scene from a save and hasn't started accepting user commands, and if I right click too soon it won't register until I release and do it again. The game should check if its already held down and start blocking/parrying when it gets the command ie finishes loading. When loading into a fight, this can be annoying when someone punches me right away before I have noticed I'm not blocking when I think I should be but I pressed it too soon.

* Either a way to repair boats yourself by interacting in a certain way and using timber plus having a repair hammer or toolkit in your inventory, or else have them repair by NPCs if left near a coastal town (possibly animated if left at the shipyard town, or else just repair if left for a day). I don't think they repair right now, and I'm always crashing boats when I look around at other things and turn to see I'm ramming some rock formation or ploughing into the beach. This is probably something for an enhanced edition rather than a patch anytime soon and not really a priority with the large number of boats available.

* I agree with others that weapons degrade pretty fast. It's not so much a problem with all the tools I've accumulated, but tools weigh so much it turns out. I've got over 20kg of tools on me at least. It kind of makes sense sure, but considering a bar of iron has a mass of 1 gram in inventory, I think we can lower the weight on tools. I wouldn't mind a skill to learn how to keep better care of weapons and armor with progressive tiers (say 3 levels of it that you can learn from the smiths amateur-journeyman-master when you are levels 5-10-20), but it should be passive ie not have to be assigned to a slot. That probably isn't something that would be added, but maybe in an enhanced edition later on.

get a manual dl area for patches for the pc asap, this includes dlc dl areas.

Fix the trees and bushes being spastic 24/7
Disable sword auto sheathe
fix loot that is level 7 or 8 (under scaled) falling off level 20 creatures or in their dens/treasure area. Finding a level 25 griffin guarding a treasure only to find a level 6 sword is so ignorant.
fix fighting on slopes
fix falling damage. Sometimes you take alot for short falls, some times none for longggggggggggggg falls. Some consistency and actual thought needs to be applied here as a 5-10 foot fall shouldnt hurt at all but a 30 foot cliff FREE fall should hurt bad if not kill. If sliding downa cliff face then damage should be reduced accordingly.
fix fighting on horses when attack smaller targets
Fix inconsistent damage when fighting packs of creatures. Some packs 3 to 5 levels lower will take half or one shot on DM level. i can see heavy damage but the damage is not scaling both ways, sometimes it works great sometimes it is just stupid.
Treasure needs to scale to the level its found at.
remove weight on geralt. It serves no purpose. Already carrying a very non realistic amount of stuff like others have already pointed out does nothign for immersion, like having to trek back to a merchant while on a quest. Closeout.sell time is at the end of the play session. Make it a magical bag or something....
Some of the weapon looks and effects, color combos are quite nice, also armor looks. give us an option to transfer these over for a SMALL fee
map notes...NOW
save notes, our PC ability to save as many as we want when we want with the name or description we want. When did RED cave to the console users?
too much more to list, these are my current wants.

There is a manual dowload area, go to GOG.com to download them. No GOG galaxy needed.

I can't tell by the icons on the map what I've completed. for example, I have no clue which monster nests i've cleared, and which ones are still available. Maybe it's my eye sight or color blindness, but I can't tell a difference in the icons. Please make them more noticeable.

Hi

From the new patch the loot pop-up window is now far too large for my liking. It now takes up half of my vertical screen space. Pre-patch 1.04 I found the pop up window size perfect as I sit at a desktop; and so I would like an option to reduce the size of it back to how it was.

Also on a side note (i believe) due to the increased size I can no longer loot quickly when on the move. Pre-patch 1.04 I was able to run and click "E" whilst running and I would be able to loot easily on the go, this is now no longer the case.

I would like there to be an option to scale the size of this window back to how it was as I do not believe it is very fair to now be forced to have it this huge size which is not only a distraction and causes issues with the smoothness of gameplay I explained above, but also reduces my aesthetic enjoyment of the game.

Thanks!

p.s. Can we also have the choice to show dualshock 4 button prompts instead of xbox ones

You can take screen shots on consoles.. on PS4, hit the share button, then Square to take a screen shot. On Xbox, you double tap the Xbox One button and then press Y.

Got a couple of suggestions for the PS4 version, which can also be retroactively applied to the PC.

1) Give us two button to skip up and down the crafting/alchemy menu.
2) Give us a button to switch between inventory and shop windows.

This fairly simple and would alleviate a lot of tedium when navigating with controllers, because as of now the games makes you go through every item, or every inventory tab before you get to what you want. Not every button on the controller is being utilized in these menus, so I don't see why it couldn't be implemented.

An alternative suggestion: The right analog is already used to scroll up and down the menu in crafting/alchemy, but you can't select with it I believe. Maybe a button (r3?) can be used to select the closest/soft highlighted item as you scroll up and down

3) Give us an auto sorting option in the game. The inventory is annoying enough to navigate with controllers. Another thing that would alleviate a lot of tedium in inventory management.
4) Give some options to tweak the HUD layout. The button prompts at the bottom right of the screen are absolutely useless once you're familiar with the controls.

Last edited:
I would like to see in the map a to tick off everything except a couple things. maybe a show only feature. When looking for the closet armor, or weapon shops they don't always appear. But to get back to my point you seem to only be able to turn them off by selecting each thing i'm not looking for to find the things im looking for. seems backwards to me. not really a compliant.

I've a request for the graphic artists, how about adding a piper to the usual drums-strings-fiddle-flute quartet ? The Duda or Bock would seem appropriate. After all, if you were to pick one instrument above all the others on the basis of supernatural affiliations, it would be the pipes. Pan pipes, Pied Piper, "Whoever pays the Piper calls the tune". This last has also been taken to mean a form of "Charon’s obol" btw, as the Pipes are believed to tear the veil between the worlds. Pipers are the favoured of the Fairies, even before Harpers & Bards, they have an uncanny ability to be drunk without buying any drink, and it's said they speak the language of Cats.

Clearly they should be in game, and its possible they simply missed the launch due to Jazz time ;)

I'm leveling up too fast! I absolutely love doing all the sidequests, so much work has gone into them, but it makes me level up way too fast. Whenever I return to the main-questline I'm overpowered. This is going to get worse and worse, because I'm not going to stop doing sidequests. Kind of ruins your the experience for the main questline if you can rape everything.

I still like the idea of quests not scaling down to your level, but maybe you could make it scale up to some extent, so there is still a challenge if you are on a high level?

Amazing game... Thank you :)

Just a few things:
* I'd like to pause or exit to main menu in cut-scenes. It's quite handy when your kids come around the corner...
* please fix the rotation of the windmills... They are turning the wrong way currently!!! Have a look at real life windmills or wind craft engines.
* a fog of war for the map would have been great

Regards,
Matthias

1. Please allow us to look all the way up and down. I was using the boat next to Novigrad the other day and was not able to look up at the city. I don't understand why this is a problem.

2. Please make a separate slider to disable battle music. I am about 100 hours into the game and I turned off music atogether about 80 hours ago.

3. Please add permadeath.

Top Bottom