Is it just me, or is Yen... [Spoilers}

+
Morrigan was perfectly ok with killing city elves with blood magic and slaughtering mages in the Circle Tower.Yen would've never suggested killing innocent people

Morrigan was raised by the equivalent of the Crones. She softens considerably with a Paragon Warden and motherhood.

I love Morrigan, she's my noble Warden's canon LI, dark ritual, mirror and all. But what I love about Morrigan is that she's down to earth. Yen isn't. I don't mind Morrigan being a bitch and wanting to kill those idiots in the circle but I can't stand pompous high maintenance folks.

Morrigan > Yen 8)

I love Morrigan, she's my noble Warden's canon LI, dark ritual, mirror and all. But what I love about Morrigan is that she's down to earth. Yen isn't. I don't mind Morrigan being a bitch and wanting to kill those idiots in the circle but I can't stand pompous high maintenance folks.

Morrigan > Yen 8)

Yeah, no big deal Morrigan suggested murdering people she doesn't even know just for shits and giggles.

Again, the difference was that Morrigan was not forced on the players, unlike Yen.

Whereas Dragon Age is an original story, The Witcher games have seven books to take into consideration. The "forcing" of Yen was necessary because it made sense for the story, which is a continuation of the books and really about Ciri.

Whereas Dragon Age is an original story, The Witcher games have seven books to take into consideration. The "forcing" of Yen was necessary because it made sense for the story, which is a continuation of the books and really about Ciri.

Yeah, except the game still treated Geralt and Yen as a couple after you've broke up with her.

Yeah, except the game still treated Geralt and Yen as a couple after you've broke up with her.

Yeah, I suppose that is true. I never broke up with Yen, so I can't say. But, like many have said before, and I agree, the Triss romance must have been an afterthought by CDPR. Put in the game just to satisfy Triss-fans. I think CDPR's vision was always to have Geralt with Yen.

As far as I know TW3 is an RPG too, so no Yen didn't need to be forced on us
There was no need for all the silly flirting and Geralt acting like an idiot around her and everyone just assuming you are with Yen

---------- Updated at 01:35 AM ----------

Yeah, I suppose that is true. I never broke up with Yen, so I can't say. But, like many have said before, and I agree, the Triss romance must have been an afterthought by CDPR. Put in the game just to satisfy Triss-fans. I think CDPR's vision was always to have Geralt with Yen.

Well then they should have planned ahead and not given us Triss as a romance option in the first two games
Hell why not just drop being RPG completely, because as far as I have heard there are plenty of things in the first two games which book geralt wouldn't do
(like siding with the Scoiatel)

The books argument is just silly at this point

As far as I know TW3 is an RPG too, so no Yen didn't need to be forced on us
There was no need for all the silly flirting and Geralt acting like an idiot around her and everyone just assuming you are with Yen

It is a story driven RPG. So, you can roleplay in the confines of the story that CDPR has written. Meaning that some things might be forced.

Well then they should have planned ahead and not given us Triss as a romance option in the first two games

Well, they probably understood that all Triss-fans would go nuts if they didn't include her in TW3. So, they did some fan-service.

I do not understand the complains about Yen at all, of course she is always going to be part of Geralt life this is a set protagonist even if you do not want Geralt to love her I think it is impossible for him not to feel attracted to her, the same way Geralt is heterosexual and has white hair and a daughter named Ciri. This things are set on stone there is no changing it.

@Leteia

He's attracted to far more women than Yennefer; just because he's attracted doesn't mean he has to love her. And the djinn's curse is broken, so no, it is not set in stone.

The difference between Miranda/Morrigan and Yen is that in the end they "change" for the better while Yen stays the same throughout the game.

@Leteia

And the djinn's curse is broken, so no, it is not set in stone.

I'm pretty sure he meant that those facts he mentioned (like the white hair, attraction, daughter) are so established in the books that the games cannot completely change them. CDPR are after all dealing with an already existing universe.

@Leteia

He's attracted to far more women than Yennefer; just because he's attracted doesn't mean he has to love her. And the djinn's curse is broken, so no, it is not set in stone.

The wish was about their lives being always connected, this according to the game lore. I do not think the books really tell you what the wish was.

Still yes, I was stating facts that will never change, his attraction to Yen and emotional connection is never gonna to end. That is why sometimes Geralt can be annoying as a RPG character and the reason the game treats them as a couple that raised Ciri. For example I love Philippa character but Geralt seems to dislike her, he can be especially rude but I cannot change this because he is a set protagonist. These are things people have to accept and Yen and Ciri being part of Geralt life is one.

Last edited:
I'd absolutely expect Yennefer to be a part of his life, a close friend at least no matter what.

Ya never said that is not possible but with their past it is always gonna to be seen as a little romantic even if Geralt choose to be with Triss.

Yeah, no big deal Morrigan suggested murdering people she doesn't even know just for shits and giggles.

Yep, no big deal. You know why? Because I can choose to go along with her or deny her plan. I can choose to say "I don't want to be with this type of person." and have it stick.

But like I said, I don't care if Yen does Necromancy, I was 100% behind her on that, anything for Ciri. And I actually like hearing the darker/flawed things Triss has done. I just don't like Yen cause she's high maintenance and directs her bitchiness at Geralt.

Actually, I looked up a list about high maintenance women and find that Yen fits quite a few points on this list and sadly some of Geralt's dialogue options fit the bill with dealing with this type of person.

My favorite ones are:

Don't play well with others:
"If she is the type to get in a fight with a girl at the bar, a waiter, a man crossing the street – every time you leave the house, It’s not the general public that’s the problem, IT’S HER!"

Compliance"
"If you find yourself having to say these things on a daily basis, you might already be too far gone.. “I know you were right,” “No, I shouldn’t have done that,” “I’m sorry.” If you find yourself apologizing for RIDICULOUS things that you are not even remotely sorry for (or even think are wrong) just because it’s easier to say she was right and shut her up – that is a serious problem."

Geralt's dialogue optionsto Yen were almost always some variation of "I'm sorry" and "You're right" or "I thought you'd be mad" ugh this was so annoying. But I'm glad for that "You think I'd grovel" option. Getting zapped to the middle of nowhere was worth it. :D

Chronic Bitch face:
"It’s the “You better not do that”, “We are going to talk about this later”, “You know you shouldn’t be eating that” face. If you have ever seen a crazy woman in a relationship, you have seen this face. No woman should be telling a grown ass man what he can and cannot do. EW."

Amen! I'm not even a man and I found this annoying. Telling Geralt what to wear to the wake, and that remark about how he is an accessory. Whatever Yen. ::) Geralt was already planning on dumping you.

Top Bottom