To those who find the game too easy on Death March: Anyone doing a quen-less playthrough?

+
To those who find the game too easy on Death March: Anyone doing a quen-less playthrough?

Just completed my first playthrough and I think I'm gonna try this. Already died twice to the ghouls at the start of the game. Quen always feels like such a cheat, and it is such an un-fun mechanic to have to keep casting it all the time. Who's with me?!

Just completed my first playthrough and I think I'm gonna try this. Already died twice to the ghouls at the start of the game. Quen always feels like such a cheat, and it is such an un-fun mechanic to have to keep casting it all the time. Who's with me?!

I've found many ways to make the game more challenging like turning off the mini map or going with a more melee build. I'm sure they will fine tune some things in the future but the game is as hard as you want to make it. Those guys doing the perma death runs for one sounds pretty hard.

*raises hand... I never really use Quen on all of my play throughs(on the 3rd now) and on Death March difficulty and never really have problems.

Max leveled Quen is even more OP, the enemies receive damage while Geralt is healed, low level enemies sometimes die by themselves while I stay in Quen bubble

Mohasz

Forum veteran
I'm playing on Broken Bones and I've barely ever used quen - I think I've used it in one or two boss fights, that's all.. I have no skill points in that branch either. The difficulty seems fine for me, although I haven't crafted any of the witcher armors yet - which are probably the best ones in the game. I'm level 26 and the game starts getting easy now, but on Death March it should still be a good challenge I imagine.

This is my pretty boring build, the only really useless skill I have is arrow deflection:
View attachment 16134
Now I see that I should swap the Igni and the Fleet Footed skill...

Attachments

• 11348767_1001500509860281_760795300_o.jpg
    11348767_1001500509860281_760795300_o.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
I haven't used quen in blood and broken bones. maybe one time when I encountered a foglet. It is unenhanced as well.

I just finished earlier today after doing all but 2 or 3 side quests and some contracts. I think I used Quen once. I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, but the last few fights, for me, were literally just dodge/roll ftw. I got hit maybe 5 times and even without Quen, my swallow ticking was enough to heal me as I rolled my way to the boss again.

I wouldn't say all fights are that easy and Quen is definitely useful. But it's just not needed. Up until about level 34, I only used swords skills and axii. Not because I didn't want to try other things, but because things die so fricking fast, there wasn't much need. Only thing not like that was heavy armored, shielded enemies or a couple places where enemies would magically spawn even right on top of you. I've gotta hope that was a bug.

im making the game a bit harder for myself by getting all the alternate signs, but going no further for now. i like variety, not 1 single thing being op!

Play like this if you like a hard game:

- Death March
- No Mutagens
- No Potion Upgrade (also no potion switch during combat) and No food during combat
- No Place of Power
- Weapons/Armor usable if you are 5 lvl higher (to counter the overlvl)
- No Quen and Axii upgrade
- No Toxicity upgrade.
- No armor talent upgrade (cat armor breaks the game)

With this the game becomes really challenging.

Heh, how about not changing anything but using fists instead of swords?

You need to change what breaks the game. You can kills lvl 45 guards with 2 ignis, and also using igni without sword ups IGNI dmg in 50% so you a breaking the game a lot more....

You need to change what breaks the game. You can kills lvl 45 guards with 2 ignis, and also using igni without sword ups IGNI dmg in 50% so you a breaking the game a lot more....

I didn't know about the Igni bug. But I've tried playing just using fists in combat and its doable if you spend all your time dodging attacks.

Top Bottom