• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sooxzay

Don't kid yourself, if Triss dumped him he'd go straight to Fringilla Vigo. For which, I could never blame him.

On that note, I probably missed it in this massive thread, but hearing Triss talk to Frilly would have been interesting, considering their...history. But this seems an extraneous request compared to the others raised.

t's in the sewers of Novigrad, in the North east section, not down Whoreson Junior's Arena however.

I may actually pop the game back in and go find this. I wanted to see the vampire thing - since I didn't see it, I assumed maybe it was coming in the first expansion. :X

---------- Updated at 12:52 AM ----------

Don't kid yourself, if Triss dumped him he'd go straight to Fringilla Vigo. For which, I could never blame him.

On that note, I probably missed it in this massive thread, but hearing Triss talk to Frilly would have been interesting, considering their...history. But this seems an extraneous request compared to the others raised.

Don't think this issue has been broached here. Why would he go for Fringilla?

And also Yennefer in the letter early game also call Geralt FRIEND .... Skellige call him FRIEND again

This is a reference to the books, where after one of their breakups Geralt writes a letter to Yen calling her "dear friend," and she is not happy about it. I think this is in "Blood of Elves," but I'm a bit fuzzy about that.

This is a reference to the books, where after one of their breakups Geralt writes a letter to Yen calling her "dear friend," and she is not happy about it. I think this is in "Blood of Elves," but I'm a bit fuzzy about that.

I believe Yen letter in TW3 also called Geralt dear friend. Their relationship changed over time I say. It's reality, the whole true love thing is silly.

Last edited:
P: I noticed the problems betweent You, Triss and Yennefer.I guess it is hard for Ciri. Someimes I ask myself if you know what all of you are doing. Triss is playing Ciris sister but waits greedy for a chance to sleep with you again while Yen and you are playing parents for Ciri.

Looks like Phil is the first person talking about that right?

This scene is a big problem for me. Something that could have been a big part of the story ends up being a brief few lines from Phillipa. There really should be a conversation between Geralt and Ciri about Yen/Triss. They really missed a chance for more character development and dramatic tension. Even keeping the focus on the Geralt-Ciri story, how Geralt treats her mother/sister figures should be at least as important as a snowball fight or trashing a laboratory.

I believe Yen letter in TW3 also called Geralt dear friend. Their relationship changed over time I say. It's reality, the whole true love thing is silly.

Speaking as someone who comes from a family with second marriages, it's entirely possible to love two people and relationships to change, yeah.

Geralt will always love Yennefer but he also can love Triss and decide he wants to be with her more.

---------- Updated at 02:32 AM ----------

This scene is a big problem for me. Something that could have been a big part of the story ends up being a brief few lines from Phillipa. There really should be a conversation between Geralt and Ciri about Yen/Triss. They really missed a chance for more character development and dramatic tension. Even keeping the focus on the Geralt-Ciri story, how Geralt treats her mother/sister figures should be at least as important as a snowball fight or trashing a laboratory.

I wanted Yennefer there to slap the **** out of her for daring to talk about her family that way.

Or

Phillipa: "Triss plays the Big Sister, you play the parents, and now you're sleeping with Triss. Do you know how confusing that makes things for Ciri?"

Geralt: "Do you know how incredibly bad you are at manipulating people? How obnoxious and pompous you come off as you insult the people you're trying to convince of something?"

Agreed, especially considering how some of Geralt's other relationships have been handled (Lambert?), the most important ones leave much to be desired... I also found it quite charring that Geralt had to outright say that he doesn't love Yen anymore, why? Why so black and white?

Last edited:
Agreed, especially considering how some of Geralt's other relationships have been handled (Lambert?), the most important ones leave much to be desired...

Lambert really did come off as Geralt's annoying younger brother, which is an awesome dynamic.

Vesemir wasn't quite Geralt's dad but close.

I really wanted to see Geralt have more a reaction to Vesemir's death since he calls Vesemir his father in the Voice of Reason.

Lambert really did come off as Geralt's annoying younger brother, which is an awesome dynamic.

Vesemir wasn't quite Geralt's dad but close.

I really wanted to see Geralt have more a reaction to Vesemir's death since he calls Vesemir his father in the Voice of Reason.

Totally agree with this! I thought the entire funeral was about as emotionless as it could get. Lambert makes a comment about wanting Vesemir's sword, Eskel acts like a distant acquaintance to the deceased and is ready to go on about his day (and life, for that matter), and Geralt (who shows more emotion in both side quests and even during some monster contracts) was less distraught than the youngest Crone over the loss of her two sisters. So...yeah, I have to confess that I was pretty disappointed with this scene.

Totally agree with this! I thought the entire funeral was about as emotionless as it could get. Lambert makes a comment about wanting Vesemir's sword, Eskel acts like a distant acquaintance to the deceased and is ready to go on about his day (and life, for that matter), and Geralt (who shows more emotion in both side quests and even during some monster contracts) was less distraught than the youngest Crone over the loss of her two sisters. So...yeah, I have to confess that I was pretty disappointed with this scene.

Though, to be fair, that explained why Geralt wanted Ciri to go after the Crones.

He was kind of manipulative.

"The Crones are easier."

No, it's because I WANT TO BURN IMERLITH'S FACE OFF.

:)

Are we going to hear anything from our favorite developer about our favorite game soon? This thread is getting pretty large and very loud to keep ignoring. Who is the media rep for CDPR?

Are we going to hear anything from our favorite developer about our favorite game soon? This thread is getting pretty large and very loud to keep ignoring. Who is the media rep for CDPR?

Several of us are already working on condensing and organizing the information contained within this thread into a format much, much easier (and brief) for the devs to read, if they choose to do so. We will hear from them, when they are ready, and probably after we've sent them our information. So no pressuring. No, not you @DaWitcher. Those of you who know I'm virtually looking at you.

Last edited:
At least one of them have read this thread. So just do want we can do and wait for response.
I think now they have something more important to do, like fixing bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom