Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the objective of so-called "Team Yen" anyway? Yen has the best romance in recent RPG history already.
(Yes, better than DA1's ones, because it's superior from a writing standpoint and way more organic to the story)

If you are referring to TeamYen back when the game was in development, it's obvious - they wanted and clearly got Yen to be an important part of the story and for her to feel like the true love of Geralt.

If you are referring to TeamYen among the forum, my guess is more something like "Saw a kid with ice-cream I want ice-cream too!" >> TeamTriss was formed because of the issue that brought us all here and TeamYen was formed just so Yen will have a representation among the forum users.

Last edited:
What's the objective of so-called "Team Yen" anyway? Yen has the best romance in recent RPG history already.
(Yes, better than DA1's ones, because it's superior from a writing standpoint and way more organic to the story)

I don't think there was an objective, a lot of Yen supporters came here to show their support for our cause. Let's not alienate them. She does have a good romance arc tho.

However, I believe Triss and Geralt love story is the greatest tho or one of the best of not the best

Sorry I was too busy rushing to spend more time with Triss so I didn't pay attention to the other women bodies.

In about 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months or 5 years when I play it again I will let you know. It all depends on what happen between now and the last 5.

Anyone got any good draft or stories about our lovely couple they like to share?

I think I can relate to how Yen felt after the Last Wish now...<miffed> :(

Its all good though... :D

What? CDPR said they won't fix anything?

No, lol they only said they will not be implementing an end game world state with all the characters present as it would require a massive amount of work simply because there are too many different endings.

CDPR already had said a while ago that creating an end game world state for each possible ending was NOT going to happen and that they were against just tossing the characters into the end game world without context.

So this was expected and has nothing at all to do with what we are talking about here.

Last edited:
@zaskar70
I'm not even sure that response is legit, it's from a newuser, unsigned, with no documentation attached or visual proof whatsoever.

Anyway yes, endgame is obviously a fool's errand (and detrimental to legitimate complaints such as Triss') but assuming that's legit, the part about not changing her storyline would mean no intention on intervening to fix the issues.

In PR world, you do not explicitly deny something if you have even the faintest intention of touching upon it in whatever way, that's just bad publicity.

That thread has little to do with this thread. End game world state is an entirely different problem than what we are supposed to be discussing here.

yeah I had a Red directly respond to me over there too two weeks ago. THEN they already knew there was no fixing the end game state. HELL, he said that then back on page 30 something of that thread! HOW could they possibly create 36 different end game worlds? That would take more space/time/resources than the rest of the game combined...or so the RED said.

No, our topic is NOT changing the story...its filling it in better. We are not looking for them to add another leg to the skeleton or give is a third nipple...wait...nvm, we are just wanting a little more flesh on the bones. Give us a little more meat with these taters and it'll all be good!

I just went back and replayed some of Witcher 2 and it really does make you go wtf.

She was one of the lead characters in the previous games. Why did CDPR just neglect her so much?

I just went back and replayed some of Witcher 2 and it really does make you go wtf.

She was one of the lead characters in the previous games. Why did CDPR just neglect her so much?

Because their focus shifted from playerchoice to book canon/cool storyline. We discussed the topic at lenght a few pages back (sorry the thread is so large by now it's impossible to pinpoint stuff).

I can only speak to what I have seen on here but, 90% of Team Yen who has dropped in, left supporting this thread.

We get a few that use the 'if Triss gets some we want Yen to get some too" argument and I support that too. Everyone should want MORE of the last supper we gonna get...

Then the trouble comes from those that don't want ANY time or resources used on anything THEY don't support. That's where the 'tear it down' folks come from. They want this thread down cause they think if the STORY gets the fix then the GAMEPLAY and hack'n'slash or END GAME STATE will be shorted. So they get their DRIVE to undermine this thread out of fear and/or jealousy.

I've said it a few times though, even the most hardcore Yen fan who comes in here with an open mind LEAVEs understanding WHY we are posting on here. They may still not support us but they wish us luck.

I dont know what your reading or if you even read anything but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

The Devs have only stated FOR THE SECOND TIME NOW that they will not be changing the END GAME WORLD STATE as there are too many possible endings in the game and it would require massive amounts of resources to accomplish.

Changing or not changing the end game world state has NOTHING to do with the issues with the Triss content....

Thanks for the feedback you guys gave me a few pages back. Unfortunately I think I'll stick with Yen unless the issues with the plot are addressed, I like them both almost equally and a cohesive story means more to me than the romance, although it's so hard saying goodbye to Triss on that dock. I am looking forward to CP2077, at least there RED's won't have to plotforce a love interest on you, I hope anyway. People raged about this with Shani being dropped and Triss being forced on you in TW2 and I thought that was a lesson learned, but I guess third time is the charm .

I dont know what your reading or if you even read anything but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

The Devs have only stated FOR THE SECOND TIME NOW that they will not be changing the END GAME WORLD STATE as there are too many possible endings in the game and it would require massive amounts of resources to accomplish.

Changing or not changing the end game world state has NOTHING to do with the issues with the Triss content....

We're not going to recreate the state of the world after the ending of the game, as it would demand enormous changes in the game's content. Actually, this would be a bigger content change than all our DLCs and Expansion Passes summed up.

There are also no plans on changing Triss's storyline.

If that storyline thing is true the only hope left are those expansions I guess.

He is referring to this phrase

"There are also no plans on changing Triss's storyline."

Agreed...weren't you one of the main 'voices' over in that thread a few weeks back? The END GAME STATE is a dead issue really...they just CAN'T sort that one out. Too many ends to be made up. I suggest they just do two world ends to make MOST of the folks happy. Do a poll and find out what two endings are the MOST popular and if the two combine to 80% or more, go with them!

A Yen romance with Witcher Ciri and a Triss romance with Empress Ciri BOTH with a Free North(if thats possible)...I can't imagine many folks would WANT one of the other endings or they wouldn't have boo-hoo'd so hard when they go the crappy endings :)

If that storyline thing is true the only hope left are those expansions I guess.

That was a TROLL and about 20 people fell for it. There is absolutely no mention of Triss at all in the original Dev response to the issue of the empty end game state.

Whoever that person is was assuming that since they said no to changing the end game state that they meant no for changing anything at all.

I think you have to key on the BIGGEST word in the dictionary... IF...

There isn't any proof of it and we had a RED here just yesterday to acknowledge THEY think what we are documenting is a problem.

And I thought this was ALL winding down...that it was calming...

THE OLD MAN NEEDS A NAP! :D

I don't want to walk away and have 20 more pages fly up in an hour :p

Last edited:
I hope to see this some day in game as cutscene.

Attachments

• The-Witcher-3.jpg
    The-Witcher-3.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom