The Bittersweet Ending is actually a Bad Ending ... and it's All Geralt's Fault. [SPOILERS]

+
Exactly! One way or the other this would have been a major issue in Nilfgaard.
I am starting to think that maybe instead of using Emhyr in the games they should have moved on to Emperor Voorhis. He (or his advisors as Voorhis was very young in the books) could have been looking for Ciri to legitimize his rule further.
While I would have missed Emhyr, at least we would not have this huge ball of yarn of confusion on our hands.

Emhyr is AWESOME, though.

Emhyr is AWESOME, though.

Don't tell me you are now going to found the "Let's bake Emhyr a cookie" club! Weren't you the guy that hated Emhyr? Be still, my beating heart!;D
Gentle teasing aside, yes, he is awesome and would be sorely missed. But I would have prefered a bigger commitment to his character.

Last edited:
Don't tell me you are now going to found the "Let's bake Emhyr a cookie" club! Weren't you the guy that hated Emhyr? Be still, my beating heart!;D
Gentle teasing aside, yes, he is awesome and would be sorely missed. But I would have prefered a bigger commitment to his character.

I like Darth Vader, Doctor Doom, Tywin Lannister, and Saruman too!

I just think they should be stabbed repeatedly.

I sided with Dijkstra 50% just because my Geralt thought Nilfgaard winning the war would lead to Emhyr coming after Ciri.

I think he should be the villain in Witcher 4 if they can get Charles Dance to commit to the role.

Hell, if they can't, but that would be a big step down.

Oh, that kind of hate. Gotcha.

I'd love a Witcher 4. Maybe then Ciri's endings wouldn't feel so... meh to me.

I agree with op.

I don't know why they did that. I only got the witcher ending and was very sattisfied with that choice. I thought it was the best one. Why would Ciri ever want to become empress? **** that :D

I personally ( could be wrong ) figured they did it to show more of how the events affected them. To show how Ciri felt about it, emotionally. Just the same as the "Bad" ending where it showed how hard Ciri's "death" affected Geralt. Whereas the ending where Ciri becomes a witcher, it isn't that hard to know how they both feel about the outcome, considering the last couple hours of the game.

Though that is just my take, and i am no expert

A Witcher 4 will be just like ME4 (and don't call it ME4 :) ). There will be another witcher game but it won't be about Shepard err Geralt.

A Witcher 4 will be just like ME4 (and don't call it ME4 :) ). There will be another witcher game but it won't be about Shepard err Geralt.

Eh, it'll be about Ciri then. The Dragon Age and ME games are bout the world.

The Witcher games are about the Characters.

The Witcher games are about the Characters.

I'd say TW2 was more about the world then the characters. The characters served their purpose to flesh that world out.|

TW1 and TW3 were about the characters though, but TW1 did a better job with them.

A Witcher 4 will be just like ME4 (and don't call it ME4
). There will be another witcher game but it won't be about Shepard err Geralt.

MWFE
Mass Witcher Fallout Effect

Story - Ciri tried a new bomb recipe she got from "The World with Men with metal on their heads"....But the Effect was a little bit too much....

But hey, the Ghoulnest is gone.....:D

Comming - when its ready.....

Last edited:
Yeah, the link with the White Frost is just plain weird and doesn't even make sense in the game.

As far as I know, the Wild Hunt doesn't "use" the real White Frost, but it uses the "cold" that surrounds them when travelling from world to world. I think Yennefer mentions this to Triss (missable dialogue) after Ciri arrives at Kaer Morhen.
Assuming different worlds are just other planets in the galaxy/universe this would make sense as the space is quite cold.

Anyway if Kaer Morhen is only 300yo then it can't be the only Witcher School seat in the books, at least not originally.

Well, humans arrived just 500 years ago and there were quite some incidents before the first witchers were created.

ME was about Shepard. Even they said that. But using your logic TW1-3 can be about witchers then. And DA was about bad games. :)

I have to agree with Willow even though I find this conversation pointless.
ME1,2,3+DAO+DAI are about the world, which is the protagonist. All actions by the player/main chars strive towards a global goal.
Also they are also exercises in world-building from a writing standpoint.
Witcher 1+2 (even 3) are not like that, they're much more intimate nd personal journeys where world is just scenery more akin to a stage characters interact with, even though they can influence it more or less and character motivations can coincide with global(or regional) spanning events/struggles.

On the lore side of things, worldbuilding is limited as they take place in a breathing, dynamic, pre-existing universe.

DA:2 I don't know what that is.

---------- Updated at 07:34 PM ----------

As far as I know, the Wild Hunt doesn't "use" the real White Frost, but it uses the "cold" that surrounds them when travelling from world to world. I think Yennefer mentions this to Triss (missable dialogue) after Ciri arrives at Kaer Morhen.
Assuming different worlds are just other planets in the galaxy/universe this would make sense as the space is quite cold.

Well, humans arrived just 500 years ago and there were quite some incidents before the first witchers were created.

I was under the impression they arrived 1300 years ago first, with the conjunction of the spheres?

If that's the case and not only human kingdoms and cities are that recent, but also Witchers, etc. the entire Sapkowski mythos is rubbish.

Last edited:
Gerald01 said:
I was under the impression they arrived 1300 years ago first, with the conjunction of the spheres?

If that's the case and not only human kingdoms and cities are that recent, but also Witchers, etc. the entire Sapkowski mythos is rubbish.

No, the elves arrived at that time, but the books indicate the humans came to this world because of the conjuntion. The conjunction of the spheres occured 1500 years ago.
It's likey humans lived on another continent before. They just arrived at the current continent 500 years ago by using ships.

Why?

Last edited:
I have to agree with Willow even though I find this conversation pointless.
ME1,2,3+DAO+DAI are about the world, which is the protagonist. All actions by the player/main chars strive towards a global goal.

Maybe you guys should go tell Bioware/EA that they are therefore wrong in their marketing and descriptions.

In every review I've ever read Shepard is the protagonist, not the world. BTW all I said about DA was that they were bad games.

Maybe you guys should go tell Bioware/EA that they are therefore wrong in their marketing and descriptions.

In every review I've ever read Shepard is the protagonist, not the world. BTW all I said about DA was that they were bad games.

Maybe you should tell all the people who loved and enjoyed the games that they should know better and should think that they are bad, aswell as all the reviewers.

Maybe you should tell all the people who loved and enjoyed the games that they should know better and should think that they are bad, aswell as all the reviewers.

First off I only said the DA games were bad. The first one was the best. DA 2 stunk. DA:I is slightly better. The metascores of all reviews are:
DA:O 91 (TW3 has a 94)
DA:I 85
DA:2 82

User scores are:
DA:O 8.6 (TW3 for comparrison has a 9.2)
DA:2 4.4 (means it sucked)
DA:I 5.8

So the first one was decent but the second sucked and the last one was only a little better. So I don't have to tell the reviewers anything. People and reviewers have already spoken.

First off I only said the DA games were bad. The first one was the best. DA 2 stunk. DA:I is slightly better. The metascores of all reviews are:
DA:O 91 (TW3 has a 94)
DA:I 85
DA:2 82

User scores are:
DA:O 8.6 (TW3 for comparrison has a 9.2)
DA:2 4.4 (means it sucked)
DA:I 5.8

So the first one was decent but the second sucked and the last one was only a little better. So I don't have to tell the reviewers anything. People and reviewers have already spoken.

those are pretty good scores, does it have to be 90+ to be in not-suck category? Did you even play the games or you just running a weird calculation in your head based on metacritic scores? DA:I has low user score because you are looking at PC version and PC version suffered slightly, which was improved. For some people shortcomings in PC controls was a bigger deal than for others who enjoyed the game for its merits. People and reviewers have spoken for the fact that DAI was GOTY last year. This year its very likely Fallout 4 will take the spot.

As for DA2, well it was much worse than DA:O and had many flaws, but still enjoyable.

Last edited:
As much as love the idea of Geralt and Ciri kicking some serious ass together it just makes no sense for either of them. For Geralt, it makes no sense cos he would be letting his daughter constantly risk her life. "No Witcher has ever died in his own bed" Do you really think ANY father would let his child take up this profession if they had a choice?
But is she safer as Empress or as a Witcher,is she safe at all as empress, here is known facts:
No Witcher has ever died in his own bed - here is why : Serrit, Auckers, Letho all killed by Geralt of Rivia, Coen died fighting nilfgard, Berengar killed by Geralt or Azar Javed, Vesemir killed by Wild Hunt and then Geralt dismembered that Wild Hunt, so i think she is pretty much safe as witcher with Geralt

Now same rule goes to kings - No King has ever died in his own bed - list is much longer - Eist Tuirseach, Calanthe, Foltest, Demavend all dead because of nilfgard some of them killed by assasination ordered by Emhyr, Vezimir, Demavend and Radovid killed because of Philippa all three assasinated, Henselt, Crach an Craite, King Bran all dead, Esterad Thyssen - killed by assasins, so is she even any safer on nilfgardian throne than with Geralt, is she even safe with Phillipa and Emhyr.
She risk her life more as Empress than as Witcher

Last edited:
Top Bottom