Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this photo. It's awesome.
Lets go party, just need to pick up Yen =)

---------- Updated at 01:29 PM ----------

Did I miss something in TW2, but I haven't seen this hug in game.

Is this when You go Roche way?

Did I miss something in TW2, but I haven't seen this hug in game.

That is the hug after fighting the dragon (Saskia), it is the start of the epilogue (happens in both paths), when Geralt is climbing up and Triss is there waiting.

How to get in TW2 this hugging scene?

---------- Updated at 01:35 PM ----------

That is the hug after fighting the dragon (Saskia), it is the start of the epilogue (happens in both paths), when Geralt is climbing up and Triss is there waiting.
Thanks, need to replay game.

I'm going to start my second playthrough today! I want to explore Yen romance, but I don't know if I'll be able to let Triss go... :3

Tried it couldn't let Triss go. Wish you luck. I am going to wait after we get the promised fixes then I will play many more Triss.

It's not easy letting her go and I think it would be even harder when the dev fix the inconsistencies and put both romance option on par.

Not kissing her is next to impossible, saying goodbye is pretty much impossible.

Tried it couldn't let Triss go. Wish you luck. I am going to wait after we get the promised fixes then I will play many more Triss.

It's not easy letting her go and I think it would be even harder when the dev fix the inconsistencies and put both romance option on par.

Not kissing her is next to impossible, saying goodbye is pretty much impossible.

I skipped them all lol... I couldn't watch the videos and let her go...

In the books they are best friends, but they have little fights in private and a big fight over the Lodge after Yen escapes from Philippa to go find Ciri. In the last book Triss is torn between her belief in the Lodge's mission and the reality that Philippa is willing to sacrifice people Triss cares about (Yen and Geralt). At the very end Triss is trying to find forgiveness and reconciliation with both Yen and Geralt, but then the riot in Rivia happens and she never gets the chance.

From Lady of the Lake:
"You're not going to meet a loved one, Triss," Yennefer continued. "I am not so noble or stupid to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today, I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He knows the role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I'll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss, I will faint with delight."

"I knew," Triss grunted, "That you would not forget, that you would take your revenge. I agreed to do this, because I was actually at fault. But one thing I must tell you, Yennefer. Do not count on too much fainting. He knows how to forgive."

"He knows what was done to him, of course," Yennefer narrowed her eyes. "But he will never forgive you for what was done to Ciri. And me."

"It is possible," Triss swallowed. "He may not forgive. Especially if you insist. But he won't fly into a rage. He won't lower himself like that."

"Enough talk," [Yen] snapped, "more humility, you smug viper! He is my man, mine and only mine! Do you understand? You have to stop talking about him, to stop thinking about him, you have to stop admiring his noble character... As of right now, right now! Oh, I want to grab you by your matted red hair..."

"Try it!" screamed Triss. "Just try it, you vindictive bitch, and I'll scratch out your eyes!"

So clearly the reconciliation with Yen didn't go so well... and a pitchfork through Geralt's chest stopped any chance of finding out whether he would forgive her.

Though in the thick of the riot in Rivia Triss and Yen pull together again- in the end they will still fight for each other against the rest of the world.

"Let's go... Yenna... Run!"
"Run if you want!" [Yen] shouted. "Hide under the skirts of the Lodge! I have nothing left to defend! I will not leave Ciri alone! Or Geralt! Begone! Get out of my way if you appreciate your skin!"

Then Yen charges ahead and gets wounded by a stone to the head.

[Yen] came to, coughing and spitting blood. Someone had dragged her across the ground, and it was Triss, she knew by the smell of her perfume....

"Triss..." she stammered. "Teleport us out of here!"

"No Yennefer," Triss's voice was very quiet and very cold.

"They'll kill us..."

"No Yennefer. I will not run away. I will not hide under the skirts of the Lodge. And even though I am ready to faint with fear, like at Sodden, I will get over it!"

Triss grabbed Yennefer and dragged her towards the pile of rubbish and raised her hands. She shouted a spell with such rage, that the crowd fell silent for a moment.

"They will kill us," Yennefer spat blood.

"Help me Yennefer," Triss stopped for a moment. "Help me. Let's cast Alzur's Thunder..."
She joined in the enchantment, and they shouted in duet
It won't work, thought Yennefer. The spell will not work....

The sky darkened suddenly with clouds over the city. The shadows spread quickly. And a cold wind rose.

"Oh" said Yennefer. "It seems that you did it..."

So despite their bickering the sorceresses have each other's backs in the end. They give each other strength and won't abandon each other in danger. Or at least Triss won't abandon Yen.

Thanks for the reply

Wow Yen is nasty

I actually liked her before but some of those lines were downright viscious - especially compared to what Triss was saying to her.

Just thinking about it feels so wrong. Not kissing Triss? Are we crazy? Damn.

Yeah I thought about during my second game play but the thought faded quickly during my first quest with her, pyre of Novigrad. I just could do.

I didn't even think about saying goodbye, at that point the timer was barely on the screen by the time Geralt said "I love you", same goes for the kiss.

Same here, during my first play through I expected so much more. I was really disappointed when I did all that with her in Novagrad and then she was pretty much a card board cutout for the rest of the game. It was so depressing I almost fliped out.

During second playthrough I wanted to try Yen path but could not let Triss go so I went to Skellige completed everything then when to Novagrad to Triss. It was much better. I don't think I'm ever going to let her go or don't kiss her. Maybe in five years when I'm playing just for the hell of it then. Lol

Didn't want to deal with the dead world so I completed everything I could before ending the game. After I woke up in Kaer Morhen at the end I saved it and stopped playing.

I'm actually on my second playthrough, at the moment I'm preparing everything for the play to get Dudu and leave Triss quests till the end just before leaving to Skellige so as she leaves to Kaer Morhen I'll sail to the islands.

Fortunately for me I have no interest in checking Yen's romance, I'm still not influenced by the books nor what other people say about Yen but only what I've seen in the Witcher 3 and what other characters in the game seem to think about her hehe. I've always been a play station gamer so I didn't played the witcher 2 on xbox but watched the videos and loved Triss!! so now that I'm playing it on PS4 I'll keep the romance going with Triss and if the fixes are released by the time I'm almost finish the game then...what the hell...I'll go for a third playthrough hehehe. I'll definitely won't let the witch hunters torture Triss nor bid her farewell at the docks, she is staying with Geralt.

I don't have any other games considered important enough for me to play that would keep me from playing the Witcher, besides the DLC's and the Expansion content....that a real GREAT deal of material to keep me playing this game.

I'll just have to wait for the completion of Dragon Age: Inquistion's DLCs content and then all the way till Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Thanks for the reply

Wow Yen is nasty

I actually liked her before but some of those lines were downright viscious - especially compared to what Triss was saying to her.

Yen had the right to be angry after what Triss did.

I managed it on my second playthrough - Yen romance is good - but letting Triss go and not kissing her was the sinlge hardest decisionn of my life

OMG after I refused her I kept thinking "I made a mistake"

But this way I got to see both romances - whihc is what alerted me to the inconsistencies.

I also think the few scenes we do have with Triss complelety blow away the Yen scenes.

I'm actually on my second playthrough, at the moment I'm preparing everything for the play to get Dudu and leave Triss quests till the end just before leaving to Skellige so as she leaves to Kaer Morhen I'll sail to the islands.

Fortunately for me I have no interest in checking Yen's romance, I'm still not influenced by the books nor what other people say about Yen but only what I've seen in the Witcher 3 and what other characters in the game seem to think about her hehe. I've always been a play station gamer so I didn't played the witcher 2 on xbox but watched the videos and loved Triss!! so now that I'm playing it on PS4 I'll keep the romance going with Triss and if the fixes are released by the time I'm almost finish the game then...what the hell...I'll go for a third playthrough hehehe. I'll definitely won't let the witch hunters torture Triss nor bid her farewell at the docks, she is staying with Geralt.

I don't have any other games considered important enough for me to play that would keep me from playing the Witcher, besides the DLC's and the Expansion content....that a real GREAT deal of material to keep me playing this game.

I'll just have to wait for the completion of Dragon Age: Inquistion's DLCs content and then all the way till Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

During my first playthrough I was so pissed when the witch hunter hit her, I drew my sword and killed all of them. Second play thought after about five tries I went through with the torture, wasn't easy to hear it, had to turn it down. In the end tho she was fierce and scary in the cut scene when she killed menge. Seeing her like that added more reasons why she's the one for Geralt.

Yep there is something about this game where you just want to keep playing over and over again (on my third playthrough atm), yet you don't want to play until the Triss content is fixed. I actually saw the Yen romance on youtube and looking back over everything Geralt has been through, it is why i believe Triss is what is best for him. There is something innocent and passionate about their relationship, so the option to left her leave......well never crossed my mind.....(even if i was put on a lie detector)

I also agree, there is isn't a game i want to play other than the 3 Witcher games, can't wait for the expansions and the fixes to the inconsistencies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom