Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ours aint shabby either :)

Bulgarian edition :) !

I am getting the one that have the Spanish cover from bookdepository.

Done. Now to wait for the shipment to arrived.

Unluckily for me, I need to wait till they officially translate the last 2 books into English before buying them.

Last edited:

Unluckily for me, I need to wait till they officially translate the last 2 books into English before buying them.

You can read the fanmade translations of the books meanwhile :(

Or you can read the fan translations...I know when I started to read the first book for the first time - I couldn't stop to read them till the last...it is really addictive...

Or you can read the fan translations...I know when I started to read the first book for the first time - I couldn't stop to read them till the last...it is really addictive...

All good books are like that....

You know... that is the only thing that really annoys me at times on these forums :(
People not caring about the books. :(

You know... that is the only thing that really annoys me at times on these forums :(
People not caring about the books. :(

But they (not all, just some of them) don't want to read the books because they already know what they are going to find and they pretend to deny: Yen is the third main character of the Witcher saga, she's Ciri's mother, Geralt's love and extraordinary woman in every sense. However, Triss has nothing to do in the books, comparing with Yen.

---------- Updated at 06:58 PM ----------

I'm not so sure about that... because I know many people almost eating Fifty shades of Grey...

But they (not all, just some of them) don't want to read the books because they already know what they are going to find and they pretend to deny: Yen is Ciri's mother, Geralt's love and extraordinary woman. However, Triss has nothing to do in the books, comparing with Yen.

I find that reasoning absurd :p I mean sure, a few MIGHT be like that. But... it is too petty a reason...

I was thinking more something like "wuh wuh I dont like books" :(
I dont know the reason for this way of thinking... I really just do not...

EDIT:

If 50 Shades of Grey has a unicorn... I understand them then...

Последња жеља
Мач судбине
Крв вилењака
Време презира
Ватрено крштење
Ластавичја кула
Господарица језера

Haha, russian looks almost the same:
Последнее желание
Меч предназначения
Кровь эльфов
Час презрения
Крещение огнём
Башня ласточки
Владычица озера
Сезон гроз

I find that reasoning absurd :p I mean sure, a few MIGHT be like that. But... it is too petty a reason...

I was thinking more something like "wuh wuh I dont like books" :(
I dont know the reason for this way of thinking... I really just do not...

EDIT:

If 50 Shades of Grey has a unicorn... I understand them then...

I'm sure some of them don't read Geralt of Rivia because Triss is not a main character! If she were... that would be different.

But yes, I agree, it's a pitty nowadays people read less and less... :( It's a fact.

---------- Updated at 07:04 PM ----------

Best covers I've seen so far...

No more excuses - I will start with Czech lessons :D

They're just gorgeous!

I'm sure some of them don't read Geralt of Rivia because Triss is not a main character! If she were... that would be different.

But yes, I agree, it's a pitty nowadays people read less and less... :( It's a fact.

But... that aint logical ... :(

Последнее желание
Меч предназначения
Кровь эльфов
Час презрения
Крещение огнём
Башня ласточки
Владычица озера
Сезон гроз

Well duh guys :p...

*interesting thing is, all posted versions so far except the Czech I can actually read
*Hehehehehe :D :D :D

Последнее желание
Меч предназначения
Кровь эльфов
Час презрения
Крещение огнём
Башня ласточки
Владычица озера
Сезон гроз
A lot of Russians in my country...And when I listen carefully, I don't need translator :D

I can't accept the reason of people disregarding the lore so that it suits their way of thinking.

If we take examples from other great RPG that have romances

1. Mass Effect
2. Dragon Age

IIRC, both of these games do not have books before them to give the inspiration. So the game itself builds the lore and the romance option.

As for the Witcher, the books are the source of inspiration and the lore for the world are already there. To disregard it is to just say I don't care about history.

It is like, wanting Princess Leia to be married to Luke Skywalker after Return of the Jedi. Just because "I like them to be together".

I can understand fan fiction where you just take the settings and character, and write your own story about it. But the game is still part of the lore (correct me if I am wrong here).

So, to disregard all that have happen in the book just to suit your way how the character should have developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom