Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't get one thing - some people claiming to be big Witcher fans, demanding changes and stuff but still refusing to read books because they haven't any interest in them. Of course I understand them - not everyone like to read books but....I mean if you like what you see in the games, you love the world and characters - why not to find out more information about the amazing world which Mr. Sapkowski created originally?

Some people calling Yen fans or book readers dull and very tiresome and they have a feeling we are trying to convince them somehow...but if you are claiming to be a Witcher fan - you don't have to have any convincing from anyone...you will buy the books anyway...

:sorcerer:

I am a book collector, have many still left unread and just finish series Divergent. Now The Last Wish is in my bed every night but can't bring myself to read it yet *some influence from being in team Triss prevent me ...*. Still, do some reserach and reading forum give a general idea about the book (mostly thank for Zyvik for many quote about Yen :lol:). Plan to read the book one day, maybe today
I really don't understand this attitude from some Triss fans.When someone goes to Triss thread and starts discussing Triss' actions in the books somebody immediately says "Well,it happened in the books and the books don't matter.I don't care about them at all".Why?Don't you wanna know more about your favorite character????
Hmmm, from what i remember every time people want to discuss Triss from the book is about the famous Lodge plan for Ciri and Triss's betrayal, many "good thing" about Triss happen in the game so people like to focus there :D

1: TRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!!
2: YEEEEENNEEEFEEER!!!!!!
3: Guys, you know that this game includes awesome gameplay, great plot,finest fighting system, many interesting quests etc. etc. etc.
1: Wait...what? He's going to say that choice of woman is not important?
2: C'mon, ignore that noise.
1: YEAH. TRIIIIIIISSSSSS!
2: NO! YENNEEEFEEEERRRRR!!!!
3: :facepalm:
And somehow they forgot that argue is pointless because witchers are strip of emotions

I am a book collector, have many still left unread and just finish series Divergent. Now The Last Wish is in my bed every night but can't bring myself to read it yet *some influence from being in team Triss prevent me ...*. Still, do some reserach and reading forum give a general idea about the book (mostly thank for Zyvik for many quote about Yen :lol:). Plan to read the book one day, maybe today

Hmmm, from what i remember every time people want to discuss Triss from the book is about the famous Lodge plan for Ciri and Triss's betrayal, many "good thing" about Triss happen in the game so people like to focus there :D

BEcause a lot of people who read the books prefer aviod useless discussion and be treated as big traitors of Geralt feelings... missunderstandingly

Believe me when you start you won't stop only with one book :) I would definitely recommend to read also The Sword of Destiny short stories.

Btw. Triss is appearing later in the 3rd book Blood of Elves (1st novel from 5)!

Enjoy the reading. The books are REALLY great! :)

Hmmm, from what i remember every time people want to discuss Triss from the book is about the famous Lodge plan for Ciri and Triss's betrayal, many "good thing" about Triss happen in the game so people like to focus there

And dont forget, a few just dont want to hear it ;)

It is perfectly reasonable to expect her scolding and being disappointed with Geralt should he go with Triss, and even choosing to leave him and go with Yen for the rest of the game. It's like leaving her mother for a baby sitter.
But also, there should be more of a happy family reunited moments if players chose to be with Yen.
I agree with your overall post, but a player should never be punished for his decisions, instead he should be rewarded if he chooses right (according to certain character, each character will of course have a differen "that's the right choice" view).

So with your example with Ciri: I don't think she should scold Geralt for being with Triss, instead focus on some extra happy family time when Geralt is with Yen.

When people only care about 'romance'

Some people think it's BW games influence...

Well, if that is true - I am glad I didn't waste my time on playing them :D :D
BW might take relationships a bit heavy handed, but they're still completely optional, though they make it bloody hard not to get into one without being a dickhead.

As much as I shy from offering CDPR fanart, as a subpar alternative to their own ideas, just imagine this scene as a game defining hug:

In the last chapter, on the boat in Skellige, Geralt and Ciri are talking on one side, while on the other Yen and Triss are standing together, both looking at them with a fake smile, talking to each other under their breath:

Yen: I see you couldn't help yourself from indulging in to my affairs again...
Triss: At least I was there for him when he needed me.
Yen: *snarky and cold* You give yourself too much credit and importance, my Dear.
Triss: *eyes flaring with anger but still smiling* Don't you think that's up for Geralt to decide... my Dear?
Yen: Oh, I do.
Just as Geralt and Ciri have finished talking and walk towards them, to end it with telling them a funny story and ending it up with a group laugh and hug with Yen, with Triss watching them then walking away.
:like:
also it fits because you can obliterate Yennefers heart by saying you no longer feel anything, so why not be able to do the same with Triss?

When people only care about 'romance'

I wouldn't be so annoyed by it if of all the problems with the game CDP wouldn't have decided that the Triss romance is the most important or even only one worth to fix.
There is complete silence about other problems like 14 lines Eredin and the Wild Hunt, although they are far more important for the plot than Triss.

I wouldn't be so annoyed by it if of all the problems with the game CDP wouldn't have decided that the Triss romance is the most important or even only one worth to fix.
There is complete silence about other problems like 14 lines Eredin and the Wild Hunt, although they are far more important for the plot than Triss.

I think they will address those problems as well...they spoke about Triss because well..not their fault that this infamous thread turned out to be so big..so they had​ to say something..

Last edited:

H O W D A R E Y O U:halt:

Believe me when you start you won't stop only with one book :) I would definitely recommend to read also The Sword of Destiny short stories.

Btw. Triss is appearing later in the 3rd book Blood of Elves (1st novel from 5)!

Enjoy the reading. The books are REALLY great! :)
Usually i read really fast the first time, if i find the story interesting enough, re-read. Look at the Last Wish maybe i will finish it in one night (if no browse forum, no play Witcher 3 :D)
And dont forget, a few just dont want to hear it ;)

Understandable, i don't want to hear it either :D. But i follow mod's advice, if you don't want to argue, don't replies ...

Like someone already said: "The most powerful weapon against #TT is...the books" :happy:

M A S S I V E D E S T R U C T I O N :mean:
Maybe because the book is mostly about Yen and Geralt ??

And just like i have wrote before in Triss topic, if you want to fully understand the Witcher 3's story, you need basic knowledge of the book and first two games (alright, some fan don't follow this one, but i respect their opinion, i perfer neutral in this matter and usually don't replies, namaste my friends :evil:)

Last edited:
Mhm? What? Yen's glourious face ? :D

I mean this is me when people think that the romance aspect is the most important thing in a rpg game..like TW

first i wanted to say ".....you see a pretty face..." but than i thought.. hmmm maybe he want us to tell something else ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom