Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to change the topic and speed up some things.

What would you want to change exactly?

It can be as general as "interactions with other characters" or as specific as "Yennefer coming with Geralt to the Isle of Mist, because it's her daughter."

Seriously, I should stop reading this thread, so much bs in every single page. As Sapkowski said (do you prefer Triss Merigold or Yennefer of Vengerberg?)
"This is not the place for having preferences. Both Triss and Yennefer are fictional characters created to serve the story. Their appearance, their actions, what they say and those who they talk to serve the story and the plot. Both serve the plot, exclusively the plot, not my preferences. Period"

Deal with it. Stop this ridiculous master race. RED, as Sapkowski before, use characters to serve the story and if they wanted to put more Triss is not damn wrong since they are the creators of their stories. Deal with it and stop with this "fucked up" bullshit for God sake.

Ciri of Vengerberg, not of Rivia :D

I understand that the game is centered on Geralt and should be mainly about him and Ciri... but simply ignoring the fact that Yennefer is even more important as important for Ciri naturally makes me feel uncomfortable. Was I seriously the only one who saw this very lousy lazy writing? I should probably stop complaining already and go to sleep.

Seriously, I should stop reading this thread, so much bs in every single page. As Sapkowski said (do you prefer Triss Merigold or Yennefer of Vengerberg?)
"This is not the place for having preferences. Both Triss and Yennefer are fictional characters created to serve the story. Their appearance, their actions, what they say and those who they talk to serve the story and the plot. Both serve the plot, exclusively the plot, not my preferences. Period"

Deal with it. Stop this ridiculous master race. RED, as Sapkowski before, use characters to serve the story and if they wanted to put more Triss is not damn wrong since they are the creators of their stories. Deal with it and stop with this "fucked up" bullshit for God sake.

I honestly love Triss and her character and personality in Witcher 3. Can't say the same about Yennefer.

Last edited:
After that i stopped...
A little info just for you...No one forces you to read here..

Yeah, my bad, I should't even post in this thread. I am sorry, continue to live in your fantasy world where things are like you wanted and not like the author himself inteded. Peace out

Yeah, my bad, I should't even post in this thread. I am sorry, continue to live in your fantasy world where things are like you wanted and not like the author himself inteded. Peace out
hmmmmmmmmmmm

At least you feel better now ... ??

It can be as general as "interactions with other characters" or as specific as "Yennefer coming with Geralt to the Isle of Mist, because it's her daughter."

-Switch Vesemir for Yen in the dream sequence(like in the trailer)
-When Yen and Ciri hug,Ciri should call her "Mom"
-Add a scene between Geralt,Yen and Ciri before the battle at Kaer Morhen
-Add a conversation between Yennefer and Ciri in which they discuss Ciri's opinion on joining the Lodge(Triss can also be part of it)
-Add one more quest with Geralt,Yen and Ciri in which they have their family moment
-Add a scene between Yen and Ciri before the last battle
-In the Emress' ending Ciri should say goodbye to both Geralt and Yen.
-Also cut Ciri's stupid"Everybody has plans for me.Even Yennefer."

Seriously, if we actually want to change something, we shouldn't wallow in self-pity, but do something.

We should give ideas and not fuss about how bad everything is or how better everything is in the books.

Make your post as long as you want, as profound as you want, as depth as you want, i will collect it. Take your time, but do it, if you want to change something.

And i won't forget @Scholdarr.452, he is too good at explain shit to miss his comment :)

I understand that the game is centered on Geralt and should be mainly about him and Ciri... but simply ignoring the fact that Yennefer is even more important as important for Ciri naturally makes me feel uncomfortable. Was I seriously the only one who saw this very lousy lazy writing? I should probably stop complaining already and go to sleep.
I'm probably in the minority but I was generally okay with what we got. For the most part, Yen was as concerned about finding Ciri as Geralt. I agree that the actual interaction between the pair wasn't much, but I reckon that has more to do with the fact that Geralt is the player character and CDPR chose to focus on player interaction with Ciri (as opposed to NPC-to-NPC interaction which would be the case for Yen).

Not saying it couldn't use some improvement, just that I think it's still pretty good despite the lack of said interaction(s).

@AdamSiuda they straight up called it a toxic relationship, not hard love.

Thanks a lot for your very constructive post mate, I agree with everything.

In polish "Trudna miłość" means "hard love". CDPR used that sentence, at least in polish language.

I would never say relation between Yen and Geralt is toxic. I think thats to harsh. They are arguing with each other, dont agree with everything, still they have strong fellings to eachother. Both dont want to say openly about what they fell. I think both are afraid at some point about that emotion. Everything opens up because of one person: Ciri. She is the "goal on the end of the road", because of her "the limits of possibilities" are broken for both Geralt and Yen. Specialy for Yennefer. After Thaned, when Geralt openly says "I love you" to Yen, everything changes. Last Wish quest from W3 is just an ice on the cake, highlighting their relationship.

The games, just like any piece of art, are meant to be judged. And can be criticised. It's called an opinion. You can't excuse everything with 'oh this is what the author wanted, so deal with it'.

I didn't say that. You can criticize everything and have a preference for Yen or Triss, My point is that statements like "they fucked up this character" "they save this other characters" are bullshit since they are based on your subjective idea of how characters should be treated according to your preferences. How the hell can the author himself fuck up his own creation served for his own story? These are just biased comments from a Triss hater or a Yen fanboy. Just enjoy every character....

Yeah...HBO wanted Sansa in Winterfell...And Ramsay's 20 good men...

i've dealt with it...And vomiting while dealing with it :D

Yeah...I just imagined The Witcher series held by HBO..and getting the same treatment as ASOIAF...<vomits>

---------- Updated at 09:34 PM ----------

In polish "Trudna miłość" means "hard love". CDPR used that sentence, at least in polish language.

Yet another proof that the Polish dubbing is the best :D Because hey, it's in the Polish one when Yen actually calls Ciri her daughter :D

And hard love makes sense. Because their love is not simple at all. But toxic? Nein

Last edited:
@Zyvik regarding Yen, "character" was perhaps a bad use of words, what I meant to say was "personality".

I meant character as a unit, a combination of character and personality. My english sucks.

I'm probably in the minority but I was generally okay with what we got. For the most part, Yen was as concerned about finding Ciri as Geralt. I agree that the actual interaction between them wasn't much, but I reckon that has more to do with the fact that Geralt is the player character and CDPR chose to focus on player interaction with Ciri (as opposed to NPC-to-NPC interaction which would be the case for Yen).

Not saying it doesn't need improvement, just that I think it's still pretty good despite the lack of said interaction(s).

That's definitely my view too. Think maybe they should have put in a moment where Yen and Ciri go off for an intimate catch up, that we as the player aren't party too.

@Zyvik regarding Yen, "character" was perhaps a bad use of words, what I meant to say was "personality".

I meant character as a unit, a combination of character and personality. My english sucks.

I don't have much of a problem with her personality in the game.There were some moments that felt OOC(especially evrything she says about Emhyr),but I think for the most part CDPR did a good job with her personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom