+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
which is, she stuck with the lodge tho it went against her emotions that's loyalty
Loyalty to the Lodge,not to her friends.Also she betrayed the Lodge in TW2

Ciri was clearly against joining the Lodge.

What wrath?Tissaia saved both Triss and Geralt by teleporting them to Brokilon.

---------- Updated at 04:10 PM ----------

Loyalty to the Lodge,not to her friends.Also she betrayed the Lodge in TW2
only after they became as evil as d problems they were trying to solve

Ciri was clearly against joining the Lodge.
but she was going to consider it, of her own volition

What wrath?Tissaia saved both Triss and Geralt by teleporting them to Brokilon.
after Triss begged

What dwarves are you talking about?I don't remember a single dwarf who hated her.
read again
and anyways, tht ws js a point, gt d bigger picture (tht has many instances of many other things), use ur comprehension

Last edited:
that doesn't change the fact that she is quite a bad person though; seriously even the dwarves don't like her
there are very many instances and episodes of her wickedness that i won't go into; some already mentioned

If you ask me, there are simply no bad/good persons in this world and also not in the Witcherverse, which is quite refreshing. Yes, Yen is a flawed character, so is Triss. Yes, they both did things you might consider as "bad", but that doesn't make them both bad persons.

Also, disliking a person doesn't makes it automatically bad.

read again
and anyways, tht ws js a point, gt d bigger picture (tht has many instances of many other things), use ur comprehension

You cotradict yourself.You said that Triss is ALWAYS loyal to her friends which is clearly not true.
The Lodge didn't give Ciri a choice.She had to join whether she wanted to or not.
I still don't understand what wrath are you talking about?Tissaia wasn't angry at Geralt,she was angry at Triss.

Attachments

• Triss vs Yen.jpg
    Triss vs Yen.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 101
I prefer Triss any day. Yennifer is controlling, condescending and conniving if you ask me. But she's cool. Triss is just one of my favourite female characters in a game ever. She's powerful but still feminine (in a non sex bomb way...although with that new dress oh la la). Plus: red hair!

And the way I read it she's the only sorceress that hasn't used spells to make herself pretty. Yennifer, she could be an old crone underneath for all I know.

If you ask me, there are simply no bad/good persons in this world and also not in the Witcherverse, which is quite refreshing. Yes, Yen is a flawed character, so is Triss. Yes, they both did things you might consider as "bad", but that doesn't make them both bad persons.

Also, disliking a person doesn't makes it automatically bad.

and there are shades of grey; yes Triss fits in d normal spectrum
wd u say Vilgefortz who was going to carve Ciri's uterus fits in d normal spectrum?
wht abt Yennefer who was going to raze an entire city to d ground for her personal fulfilment?

n also u got me wrong thr, i disliked d person bcos she was bad, not d other way round
bt apparently thts d vogue here, to uphold a person because you like them n not bcos they r good, so thts cool

Last edited:
I prefer Triss any day. Yennifer is controlling, condescending and conniving if you ask me. But she's cool. Triss is just one of my favourite female characters in a game ever. She's powerful but still feminine (in a non sex bomb way...although with that new dress oh la la). Plus: red hair!

And the way I read it she's the only sorceress that hasn't used spells to make herself pretty. Yennifer, she could be an old crone underneath for all I know.

:angry2:Seriously?How can you misspell a name of a main character twice in the same post!?
Also about Triss being the only sorceress who didn't use spells to look pretty that's not true.And Yen and other sorceresses can't be old crones underneath.Their appearance is not an illusion.They use spells to stop aging process.

You cotradict yourself.You said that Triss is ALWAYS loyal to her friends which is clearly not true.
The Lodge didn't give Ciri a choice.She had to join whether she wanted to or not.
I still don't understand what wrath are you talking about?Tissaia wasn't angry at Geralt,she was angry at Triss.

and i repeat
she went with d lodge though it upset her romantic and emotional life because that plan was what all sorceresses accepted as the greater good
that's loyalty

she left d lodge because it had become evil
that's intelligence and courage; point 9 in my original post
(9. She is intelligent, honest and courageous enough to get out of the Lodge once the greater good starts to resemble the greater evil.)

of course Ciri made it clear she was choosing

Tissaia had gone mad; she was gonna raze the whole place down and Geralt would hv died in that debris
Triss begged for Geralt's life

Triss was so badly burnt after Sodden that she was mistaken for a dead body. Are you sure she didn't 'upgrade' herself? She's also using magic to keep herself look young, just like any sorceress out there. So I suggest digging more into the topic.

And I won't even comment on the misspelling of Yennefer's name :D

Yes she's a bitch, yes her relation with Geralt is toxic, yes she had another man while also clinging to Geralt, yes she broke up umpteen times for whatever reasons ranging from serious to silly, yes no one likes her including older and younger Witchers and any of Geralt's other friends including dwarves
:smiling2:

Did not have the time for this really, but I will answer only to this snippet I quoted, as other users are replying.

1) She... she... she... Who broke up for the first time in Vengerberg? Who? I remember it was a white haired man... but that's just me... And how? A letter and flowers on the table... How mature... Did you forget that Nenneker scolded him for that even if she doesn't care so much about his relationship?

2) I see we just don't care that Triss seduced Geralt with magic. Okay. (forgive me good users from TeamTriss, I love you but I had to say it.)

3) I may sound rude here... but for Melitele's sake, don't say that the last wish is love and that they were together because of this, the wish is not love, and it has to do with destiny not love (free will).

4) "No witcher likes her" did you read the books or you have played only W3 at this point? Because I never read this kind of statement in Blood of Elves, just saying. Dwarves actually like her, for many reasons, main is she prevented that many dwarves were killed in a pogrom. Maybe you meant that Yarpen doesn't like her because she wanted to grow grass out of his arse. But we know why.

5) She had another man, and she made sex with him while being with Geralt, ok. It's true, I was mad at this when I was reading A Shard of Ice. If I read the correct book, guess what, Istredd came up after Yen and Geralt first break up in Vengerberg. You may ask, how do you know that? Well, Yennefer says Istredd was able to help her with infertility issue, and she wanted to capture the djinn to find a cure for that... now we have to just put all of this in a chronological order... I will not explain the whole Shard of Ice short story, about who deserves to be loved, how someone is not capable to do that, how someone is sorry... Really I won't because you read the book (I really hope) and that's fine I think because I haven't to explain it.

In defense of Yennefer in that book, I will only bring up Geralt's memory (from hallucinations) in Something More... when they met at Belleteyn. I won't bother anyone here repeating this stuff but... yeah read it (again). :)

Listen, your post is well explained from your POV, but you have the habit to write some things... and not other, which clearly don't fit with your argument. If you have to do a fair poll at least bring ALL the info the books give you, and don't misinterpret them. Yes, I know the books are open to all the interpretations and to book's reader fantasy... but there are some things which are facts. Both good and bad, and for both the characters, Yen and Triss.

Last but not least, Geralt is no saint. Don't forget that! :)

Last edited:
Easy now. Autocorrect, I'm on my phone.

If it's not true...that's cool, I've only just gotten into The Witcher and I'm playing it by what (little) I know. Which is actually kinda cool because I get surprised a lot. I've yet to read to books, but I want to finish the games throughly first....seeing as I'm already going through the story backwards.

But yeah I humbly and deeply apologise and ask you to forgive my imperfect knowledge of this story. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom