+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:smiling2:

Did not have the time for this really, but I will answer only to this snippet I quoted, as other users are replying.

1) She... she... she... Who broke up for the first time in Vengerberg? Who? I remember it was a white haired man... but that's just me... And how? A letter and flowers on the table... How mature... Did you forget that Nenneker scolded him for that even if she doesn't care so much about his relationship?

2) We just don't care that Triss seduced Geralt with magic. Okay. (forgive me good users from TeamTriss, I love you but I had to say it.)

3) I may sounds rude here... but for Melitele's sake, don't say that the last wish is love and that they were together because of this, the wish is not love, and it has to do with destiny not love (free will).

4) "No witcher likes her" did you read the books or you have played only W3 at this point? Because I never read this kind of statement in Blood of Elves, just saying.

5) She had another man, and she made sex with him while being with Geralt, ok. It's true, I was amd at this when I was reading A Shard of Ice. If I read the correct book, guess what, Istredd came up after Yen and Geralt first break up in Vengerberg. You may ask, how do you know that? Well, Yennefer says Istredd was able to help her with infertility issue, and she wanted to capture the djinn to find a cure for that... now we have to just put all of this in a chronological order... I will not explain the whole short story, about who deserves to be loved, how someone is not capable to do that, how someone is sorry... Really I won't because you read the book and that's fine.

In defense of Yennefer in that book, I will only bring up Geralt's memory (from hallucinations) in Something More... when they met at Belleteyn. I won't bother anyone here repeating this stuff but... yeah read it (again). :)

Listen, your post is well explained from your POV, but you have the habit to write some things... and not other, which clearly don't fit with your argument. If you have to do a fair poll at least bring ALL the info the books give you, and don't misinterpret them. Yes, I know the books are open to all the interpretations and to book's reader fantasy... but there are some things which are facts. Both good and bad, and for both the characters, Yen and Triss.

Last Geralt but not least, Geralt is no saint. Don't forget that! :)

yes of course i cannot post everything, tht wd take more space than all those books
i made my points in my post after obviously reading all books and playing d games
ths r d impressions i got and mentioned

of course i remember Geralt ran away first and he is no saint; everyone is grey in the Witcher lore, one f d best examples bng d Bloody baron
but Yen is at a different level thn Geralt n Triss n has much more up her conscience than these two n is generally v crabby n snobbish
also, as mentioned in my original post Triss seems d better match where Geralt is at this time in life

p.s. u can't remember Witchers not liking her, others can't remember dwarfs not liking her
never mind, i can't remember Triss using magic explicitly mentioned :)

which is, she stuck with the lodge tho it went against her emotions that's loyalty
also put in context what's mentioned there which is that this is what sorceresses had been doing since forever and also tht Ciri might have eventually gone along with it anyway

and abt Geralt, d main friend, in particular she saved him from Tissaia's wrath and in d Witcher 2, she refused d lodge's request to spy on him

and about "We are talking about Triss here,not Yen"
why not, why are you not judging her by d same standards
if calling Triss names, Yen deserves them much more so

---------- Updated at 04:07 PM ----------

ofcourse not, Dwarves are not d standard bearers there
point ws they r generally jovial and helpful, and as u mentioned Yennefer even saved many of them
and yet they hate her; ringing any bells yet?

i only took this as an example as it makes d point succinctly; i do not wish to enlist d history of Yennefer's misdeeds
still to repeat ones already mentioned willingness to kill dragons, destroy entire cities and behaving as if Ciri was her competition should rank pretty high
contrast that to Triss' first reaction with Ciri which was so natural, friendly and protective

So... a few neutral dwarves not LKING her (but also not hating her) helps your cause because?

The rest is again fairly bad reading comprehension.

I prefer Triss any day. Yennifer is controlling, condescending and conniving if you ask me. But she's cool. Triss is just one of my favourite female characters in a game ever. She's powerful but still feminine (in a non sex bomb way...although with that new dress oh la la). Plus: red hair!

And the way I read it she's the only sorceress that hasn't used spells to make herself pretty. Yennifer, she could be an old crone underneath for all I know.

Triss is around 50 years old mate. She is allergic to potions, not magic.

She too uses spells. All mages do.

yes of course i cannot post everything, tht wd take more space than all those books
i made my points in my post after obviously reading all books and playing d games
ths r d impressions i got and mentioned

of course i remember Geralt ran away first and he is no saint; everyone is grey in the Witcher lore, one f d best examples bng d Bloody baron
but Yen is at a different level thn Geralt n Triss n has much more up her conscience than these two n is generally v crabby n snobbish
also, as mentioned in my original post Triss seems d better match where Geralt is at this time in life

p.s. u can't remember Witchers not liking her, others can't remember dwarfs not liking her
I was pointing out that you didn't mention exactly the things that wouldn't have fit in your posts. I find it curious, for a bit. :) I didn't understand the second part of your post at all, but I'm sure we made clear about that first with my previous reply and then with the first line of the post I just have written. See ya.

Then tell us who are these dwarves who hated her?Molnar Giacanardi for example liked her very much.

It was stated that Triss used magic:

Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of. Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain and yet, against all logic… it had lasted. Triss couldn’t understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that…
…she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

but she used a little magic, maybe it was only like aphrodisiac.

Hehe but it was enough to make a huge difference ....^^

From this

To that

point ws they r generally jovial and helpful, and as u mentioned Yennefer even saved many of them
and yet they hate her; ringing any bells yet?

If they still don't like her, even though Yennefer saved their lives (and she didn't have to) - WHOSE problem is that? Hers or theirs?
Geralt is also universally disliked - because he's considered to be a freak of nature, an emotionless monster - does he care? Does it mean that he's a bad person? It's called judging a book by its cover.

People, really, is it so important to argue with someone who loves only his own opinion so much? It's meaningless and timewasting because doubting Thomases are everywhere. You hate your time so much and ready to deal with everyone?

I understand that it's uncool to see when someone has an objectively wrong point of view with author's clear-cut position of a character but someone can see it, someone can not. Of course it's hard to realise that "someone" really read the books then. But should we really care? You want a discussion? It's not a discussion.

I can send you tons of links to people who "read the books" and post stuff like that: " at least Triss didn't sleep with 50 mages when Yen did that being with Geralt :v"©
Want to fight with them all? There is no even achievement for that.
Save your time. It's a precious thing.

People, really, is it so important to argue with someone who loves only his own opinion so much? It's meaningless and timewasting because doubting Thomases are everywhere. You hate your time so much and ready to deal with everyone?

I understand that it's uncool to see when someone has an objectively wrong point of view with author's clear-cut position of a character but someone can see it, someone can not. Of course it's hard to realise that "someone" really read the books then. But should we really care? You want a discussion? It's not a discussion.

I can send you tons of links to people who "read the books" and post stuff like that: " at least Triss didn't sleep with 50 mages when Yen did that being with Geralt :v"©

Yeah,you are totally right.What the hell am I even doing in this thread?:facepalm2:

I must agree...

And I am not alone...Vesna, Abigail, Lady of the Lake, Toruviel, Tea&Vea, Ves, Keira, Fringilla etc etc etc...They all agree!

You forgot Eredin-kun.

Achievement Unlocked:
Saving Literary Education

I had to :p

Or maybe doing school's work for them... meh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom