Things you are hoping will be in the Expansions?

+
Fringilla in Toussaint. In TW3 we can already run around and do stuff with Triss, Yen, and Philippa. Another sorceress to pal around with would be nice.

Would love more of Eskel.
Always thought Lambert was an ass in the books and now in this game. Was great to find out why.

Before I start writing what I'd like to see in the expansions/DLC, I would like to write what I don't want to see: Triss. I know I'm in the minority, but please stop shoving this witch into my guts. First game she forced Geralt into her bed, second game, again right in the beginning of it, this insufferable liar. Third game, I get rid of her - not as abruptly as I wish - and then she's around again... ok this time for story's sake, and yes, she's less insufferable, almost likeable, but please, I can't stand her... I can't believe that I find her as unbearable as Liara or Leliana. I wish CDPR gave us the opportunity not to see her again and if she's necessary for the plot of any expansion you are going to make, at least give the likes of me the chance to replace her with any other witch, even Philippa.

What I would like to see:
- Iorveth, I hoped to see him in Wild Hunt;
- more interaction with the major NPCs, more dialogue lines, time to spend with them between the rest of the quests... this I would love to see in the entire game, not just in some random DLC or in the expansions;
- Dice poker... Gwent was a nice surprise, I bit frustrating for starters, but I missed the dice poker;
- New locations, Vizima and its old grumpy ladies, Brokilon forest and the dryads...
- the city where Ge'els lives... ok, I know that this Aen Elle's world is impossible to reach and to roam unless you travel through worlds and you are, well, Ciri... but that glimpse we see from Ge'els' villa made me wish to see more... I know...
- more easter eggs!
- chance to get rid of/plot against the Eternal fire, the witch hunters and to fix somehow the dire situation in Novigrad, or to worsen it.
- playable flashbacks about Geralt's training in Kaer Morhen... I need something to sooth the sadness I felt after Vesemir's death and the silence inside the fortress... damn, it was painful.

Last edited:
I hope for a questline with Eskel.

I LOVED the moment were you fought with or AGAINST other WItchers in the game (against yourself in the mages cave, against that crazy cat guy in the crypt, with Lambert or with Vesemir)

Also Eskel* is the coolest one of the "other Witchers" (including all schools) that I have seen so far.

Sorry, I meant Eskel is the coolest.
Badass face scar, awesome personality, awesome and fitting voice.

I can't believe that I find her as unbearable as Liara or Leliana.

Personal choice I guess. I always liked Liara the most (with Tali close behind, through her mindset about the Geth always came in the way)

Uhm, spoilers much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal choice I guess. I always liked Liara the most (with Tali close behind, through her mindset about the Geth always came in the way)

Uhm, spoilers much?

I just hid the spoilers, I'm sorry, I thought they were allowed in this section. Please, edit your comment as well, the part with my quote. Thank you.

As for Liara (and Leliana, and Triss), it's not that I don't like her per se, she's sweet, smart, very useful in combat, etc. What I don't like is that the writers created them specifically to make us like them to the point they sound forced, forced in the plot, forced in the relationship, forced in the life of the main character. Jees, I found very annoying that CDPR tried again and again to make me fall for Triss and I couldn't just ignore her, be cold, or be an utter ass. During one of her quests, the one when they are at the ball and you have to chose to kiss her or not, I wish I had the opportunity to dump her in the fountain (I should add this to the list of the things I wish to see in the game, ahaha).
In fine, I don't like fanservice, not the obvious fanservice, it breaks the immersion, it forces the plot to follow paths that probably would have been better without it.

Sorry, I meant Eskel is the coolest.
Badass face scar, awesome personality, awesome and fitting voice.

Eskel's a dude. So laid back.
Should be able to go on a pub crawl around Novigrad with him that ends up at the passiflora.

Actually, thats what I miss in Witcher 3, drinking games. One of my favourite moments from the first game was drinking with Odo.

Actually, thats what I miss in Witcher 3, drinking games.

Hah, yeah, those were awesome in TW2 and TW1.
On the other hand, I guess the fact that there is so much at stake (Ciri and all) leaves little room for things like getting drunk and merrymaking.

As for Liara (and Leliana, and Triss), it's not that I don't like her per se, she's sweet, smart, very useful in combat, etc. What I don't like is that the writers created them specifically to make us like them to the point they sound forced, forced in the plot, forced in the relationship, forced in the life of the main character. Jees, I found very annoying that CDPR tried again and again to make me fall for Triss and I couldn't just ignore her, be cold, or be an utter ass. During one of her quests, the one when they are at the ball and you have to chose to kiss her or not, I wish I had the opportunity to dump her in the fountain (I should add this to the list of the things I wish to see in the game, ahaha).
In fine, I don't like fanservice, not the obvious fanservice, it breaks the immersion, it forces the plot to follow paths that probably would have been better without it.

Fair enough.
On the other hand I did like the way they handled the Triss thing, that in the end it is less coming from your side but also from her side in the sense of she doesn't know if it would work. I found it nice that you get the sense overall that it is up to you to make it work or to leave it be. In a way they did set her up in the same relationship-state you are with Yennefer in the beginning so you DO have the free choice.

Also, I DO understand that they gave you more time with Yen. After all you didn't see her the 2 games before that and Triss was always present there. It's like they wanted to create a counterweight to the books with Triss in TW1 and TW2 and then in TW3 went back and said "now they are on one level and everyone can decide how he wants"

I choose Yen naturally, can't help it.
I know some people can't stand her, but for me it's just the charm of their relationship the way they treat each other and talk to each other.

A lot of great ideas have already been stated..

However I would love to see some more content in the main game itself aside from the new areas and quests..

For example a return of some of the main characters that disappear after the story :( Some interaction , dialogue lines and quests would be nice.. Specially if you have romanced Triss or Yen, they should hang around in the game rather than just not exist lol

New Locations

More difficult enemies (lvl 40+) and weapons/armours aswel which are of higher level..

More Triss.

More Zoltan.

More Dandelion.

Just let the whole group have a massive drinking session. I'd gladly sit through an expansion with tons of banter between the characters. The world's big enough as it is, just make the people in it have a bit more screen time.

Not that I'd oppose adding new areas mind you.

Edit: More Eredin contact, currently has very little in game screen time.

Last edited:
More Triss.

More Zoltan.

More Dandelion.

Just let the whole group have a massive drinking session. I'd gladly sit through an expansion with tons of banter between the characters. The world's big enough as it is, just make the people in it have a bit more screen time.

Not that I'd oppose adding new areas mind you.

Edit: More Eredin contact, currently has very little in game screen time.

Agreed, but for those who didnt romance Triss, Yen should be there :)

Zoltan, Dandelion, Shani, more diversity in monster contracts, more sexy time with your love interests etc etc.... general things I think, stuff I hope everyone wants to see.

Agreed, but for those who didnt romance Triss, Yen should be there :)

True, but it's what I'm hoping for personally in the expansions. If Triss gets more content, I do hope Yen does aswell. Otherwise that'd be pretty crap for Yen fans.

So what kind of New Monsters do you expect we will see in the expansion ?

Personally my money on Bruxas/Alps in 'Blood and Wine' rather than 'Hearts of Stone'.:revenge:

Last edited:
After patch 1.07 fixing all I felt was wrong with the game on launch, I can honestly say that my only complaint right now is not seeing Iorveth in the game. As long as he will make an appearance in the expansions, I'll be happy, because I trust CDPR to make brilliant games.

If there is an expansion I would like to see stuff restored that was cut out. Stuff that had effects from witcher 2. Things I did that made my choices that I thought would transfer to W3 but didn't actually matter. At least in ME3 they waited to the end to kill off your toon before they told you all your choices didn't matter. :p

So My personal wishlist for the expansion, there are some enemies that MUST be there in the expansion
Contracts involving Bruxas/Alps
Contracts involving Ulfhedinn (Cause Skellige had only like 2 and not worth the time, not to mention easily missable if you don't pay attention).
Return of Zeugl and Striga monsters.
More Gwent Cards (Especially Monster Heroes Cards), also introduce Online PvP, cause I just love Gwent and need to challenge my friends.
Reintroduce the base Armor (the one you start with, Kaer Morhen Armor) but with high stats, the armor looked awesome and I dare say the best looking one in the game.
I'd love to hunt me a Dragon or too as well, And remeeting Saskia would be so awesome.
A Fist Fighting Pit, where I can go in a tournament like of hand to hand combat, that would be a blast.

Those are the ones at the top of my head.

Haha I actually did that as well :D, I don't think I missed any vampires in this game.

I agree with all your points except for the one in bold, Geralt does not go hunting dragons nor is he one to kill a dragon for that matter, in Geralt's opinion they are considered an endangered species within the witcher world. (See: Sword of Destiny short story "The Limits of Possibility")
Excluding a choice that can be made in TW2, it would be very uncharacteristic of Geralt as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom