Developer Patch Overview 03.08.2020

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ?
No Scumsword Greatsword nerfs (or preferably a complete rework) ?
Adding tutors for MO and SK sounds good (if you ignore the above, which is going to intoxicate the new format even more than the one we had to suffer through).

Overall this sounds good, especially that they aim on tackling the double play leaders and artifact removal problem.
Just the implications for further updates were already worth the wait and the new Ciri: Nova is another amazing deckbuilding card (although I doubt it alone is enough of an upside to incentivize these kinds of decks, especially as you lack high impact Golds AND immediately lose devotion).

Last edited:
Good patch over all, cant wait for the journey!

I'm really afraid of facing even more NG now.. dont know why they dodged the hammer when SK, MO and NR got hit (which is a good thing!). felt like it was almost every second match last season (i am aware it was "only" every 4th, but come on..).

Other then that I like most of the changes. Ciri Novs is interessting (but also a bit sad, since it was a fun and unique card), though it most likely gonna be played in lock down, gerni or other low provision leaders.. lol. thats gonna be "fun" to play against.
I can already see the gerni deck with Ciri:Nova, Ethereal, Ygern, Ozzrel,... or Lockdown with defender, Ciri:Nova and Letho:kingslayer.. *edit: forget about letho, he doesnt change his power..

Last edited:
Good patch over all, cant wait for the journey!

I'm really afraid of facing even more NG now.. dont know why they dodged the hammer when SK, MO and NR got hit (which is a good thing!). felt like it was almost every second match last season (i am aware it was "only" every 4th, but come on..).

Other then that I like most of the changes. Ciri Novs is interessting (but also a bit sad, since it was a fun and unique card), though it most likely gonna be played in lock down, gerni or other low provision leaders.. lol. thats gonna be "fun" to play against.
I can already see the gerni deck with Ciri:Nova, Ethereal, Ygern, Ozzrel,... or Lockdown with defender, Ciri:Nova and Letho:kingslayer.. LOL
Doesn't work with Ygern or Letho:Kingslayer.
Midrange is useless now and I don't see this card changing that. There are fundamental issues at play stopping it. I actually kinda like cards forcing a certain way of deckbuilding but yeah.

Last edited:
For the love of god just please add that tiny "doomed" tag to scenarios. In the same stream you say Vissegard is nerfed because auto-include but you don't wanna touch Ball? Where's the logic?
No, I'm not saying NG is broken with this. Just that being forced to use this scenario until the end of time is really boring.

No nerf to Yenn's Invocation either. -_-
So, Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge ends tomorrow and what exactly are we getting instead of it (if anything at all)?

A new Journey.
Ah yes ty, I thought that too but thought that I heard them say something like that they want more time to get it as good as they want. But now I get that they meant they'll just patch it but they're not delaying it which is good. I was scared we'd be left with naught for a while. :s

While it's nice to hear that they are finally Reworking the Tudor Leaders, the patch itself doesn't look so overwhelming, not sure the SK Nerf will do much but they definitely nerfed Tyrggvi into the ground. Reworked Ciri Nova sounds kind of nice although I would had preferred if she gets immunity instead of Shild and Veil that way she's just another tasty target for Vincent van Moorlehem.

I kind of hoped they give Mystic Echo the temporary Second Wind treatment too and would remove the row restrictions from Harmony again, it just feels off having harmony row locked while thrive and Assimilate aren't.

This way the meta probably won't change much this season,but luckily at least the Draconid blitz mode returns.

Did everyone miss the second wind nerf.

Yes, SK is pretty strong, but SW just got (rightfully) shot down.

You can no longer recall boar, mork, hemdall, harald from graveyard, making pushing round 1 and 2 much, much more viable.

This the best they could do, as now they can focus on the sctual cards

You can no longer recall boar, mork, hemdall, harald from graveyard, making pushing round 1 and 2 much, much more viable.

You can still have the Scumsword Greatsword + Boar/Morkvarg finisher and I have not rarely seen SK players prefer to revive the former anyways.
The only thing they stated that they do about the ... Greatsword Seceond Wind play is to downright delete double play leaders in the next patch (and give them completely new abilities).

You can still have the Scumsword Greatsword + Boar/Morkvarg finisher and I have not rarely seen SK players prefer to revive the former anyways.
The only thing they stated that they do about the ... Greatsword Seceond Wind play is to downright delete double play leaders in the next patch (and give them completely new abilities).

You can now push round 1 and 2 and force them to play their golds, which is not an advantage anymore. Their short round 3 just got significantly weaker.

Sure, SW needed work, but I've noticed that the devs tend to focus on broad nerfs like with harmony, provision changes or leader abilities hoping it will all work out, when many times they really should've just targeted specific cards instead. With harmony they probably should've focused on the leader ability ME but instead they did the broad solution which I feel was a bad choice. There often are obvious solutions like tweaking Greatswords that seem to be completely ignored. In so many cases they could do a lot with just some tweaking what they have but they don't. I've seen this so many times since the beta. It usually ends with something getting scrapped. I've just grown tired of it.

It was quite bizarre to hear "we're planning to demonetize it" (Arena) in a YouTube video.

Ciri: Nova goes back to being a card that requires a deck built around her, and it seems like a much more demanding condition than the old one. The gain is also a lot more substantial since it's for two rounds, and it cannot be targeted with tall removals like vanilla Geralt or Igni.

I'm looking forward to what they overhaul the "play two cards" abilities into. Should definitely eliminate some issues that currently exist and that I've seen complaints about (recently, mostly Second Wind but some of the others have popped up as well), and like they said give more freedom when designing new cards.

Lastly, confirmation of Draconid seasonal remaining unchanged (not that it would've made any sense to change it since mostly everyone loved it last year, but still).
iorvethvictory_small.png

PS. Oh yes, and the automill options! They even put the button back, though with a different picture and function. Almost like the system was never automatized in the first place, with the Standard option.

Last edited:
Hello
I don`t understand if i destroy with a Bomb Heaver a Artefact like Masquerade Ball -> I destroy it <- so how ist is possible that Assire can put a 14 Provision Artefact back in the deck? Or why are Artefacts not doomed? Is it not possible that Assire can only Cards under 10 Provison put back in the deck or no Artefacts.

Than i don`t understand, if i buff Eithne Young Queen in the first or second Form with a Handbuff and every new round the Buffs disappear? This makes no sense. For example if i play Freixenet and have only Eithene on hand and buff her and the buffs disappear in the next round this so stupid.

I also find that Yenn's Invocation is to strong.. for example if i play Yghern..he remove me 13 Points and give himself 13 Points thats 26 for 9 provision, or Falibor he remove me 7 points and give himself (if everything runs good) 13 Points thats 20 for 9 Provison-> NG has some many options to remove a High card like Peter ,Yen, Poison , Block + destroy or Vincent -> in contrast to Monster or Scoiatael is this really enough.

For example is it not possible that the Card which Yenn's Invocation remove need a condition (like shield poison or whatever) that he can put in the deck ,if the card has no condition he can only destroy it.

pls dont judge me for my English.

Lastly, confirmation of Draconid seasonal remaining unchanged (not that it would've made any sense to change it since mostly everyone loved it last year, but still).
Well honestly I was kind of worried it wouldn't, I didn't play much on mobile but the few matches I played I needed way longer for a turn than on PC or Console (where the time limit was already sometimes a bit challenging last year) but I'm not much of a mobile player in the first place so maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of mobile players will complain that the time limit is to short.

Hello
I don`t understand if i destroy with a Bomb Heaver a Artefact like Masquerade Ball -> I destroy it <- so how ist is possible that Assire can put a 14 Provision Artefact back in the deck? Or why are Artefacts not doomed? Is it not possible that Assire can only Cards under 10 Provison put back in the deck or no Artefacts.

Than i don`t understand, if i buff Eithne Young Queen in the first or second Form with a Handbuff and every new round the Buffs disappear? This makes no sense. For example if i play Freixenet and have only Eithene on hand and buff her and the buffs disappear in the next round this so stupid.

I also find that Yenn's Invocation is to strong.. for example if i play Yghern..he remove me 13 Points and give himself 13 Points thats 26 for 9 provision, or Falibor he remove me 7 points and give himself (if everything runs good) 13 Points thats 20 for 9 Provison-> NG has some many options to remove a High card like Peter ,Yen, Poison , Block + destroy or Vincent -> in contrast to Monster or Scoiatael is this really enough.

For example is it not possible that the Card which Yenn's Invocation remove need a condition (like shield poison or whatever) that he can put in the deck ,if the card has no condition he can only destroy it.

pls dont judge me for my English.

The reason that buffs on Eithne disappear at the start of every new round is because it's an evolving card, i.e. every round the card transforms into what is considered a different card. It doesn't say "without changing its power" like it says on some other cards that can transform. Simply keep at least one other ST unit in your hand as a boost target. The same goes for other evolving cards, e.g. Usurper in NG decks; his round 2 and round 3 forms trigger assimilate.

Regarding Invocation on Yghern: your logic is flawed. Yes, it's a very strong play, but it doesn't magically give 26 points for 9 provisions. Initially it's a 13 point play for 9 provisions, and then if he wants to play Yghern next round he has to NOT use whatever other card would otherwise take this card's spot, and depending on the round length it could be extremely susceptible to getting destroyed through just a small amount of damage. If he Rodericks the card, it's a -2+13=11 point play for 6 provisions. If he Joachims the card it's a -4+13+8=17 point play for 10 provisions. If your opponent Invos your Falibor, it's a 7 point swing for 9 provisions initially, which isn't great in and of itself, and if he then uses Falibor in the next round he has to NOT use something else that would otherwise take it's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom