1.06 on Steam out now, still no mutagen stat fix\ Remaining bugs after 1.06

+
yap, me 2 , i think everyone got this bug .

There are people who don't. The only consistency seems to be there is no partially affected - either all mutagen slots loss their effect on reload, or all is fine. There's both camps reporting here in this thread.

Oh my god.. it's no wonder I did almost an entire playthrough without knowing the mutagen bug. Where after every frigging load you have to re-input the mutagens to get the buff. In addition, the mutagen "stash" is literally the worst thing ever in a video game. How did that leave the studio :eek:

Finally someone explained it correctly. The link bonus keeps working, the slot itself doesn't, so you end up with weird values.

I've no idea if "everyone" gets this (it's the rare bug that has 100% of ppl reporting they have it), but since even the most detailed explanations up until a post or two ago were flat wrong I'm not surprised there's misunderstanding. Regardless, it ought to be fixed. So sick of reslotting mutagens every time I load a game/fast travel/die.

Finally someone explained it correctly. The link bonus keeps working, the slot itself doesn't, so you end up with weird values.

I've no idea if "everyone" gets this (it's the rare bug that has 100% of ppl reporting they have it), but since even the most detailed explanations up until a post or two ago were flat wrong I'm not surprised there's misunderstanding. Regardless, it ought to be fixed. So sick of reslotting mutagens every time I load a game/fast travel/die.

Yeah. Not sure how there can be any confusion. It's really, really simple to understand as you mentioned. Your mutagens going into the game buff your attack power by 15%. You re-apply the SAME mutagens, but the value is actually 40%. And then you go to a loading screen, and it's back down to 15%.. so you have to undo / redo the same red mutagen buffs, for instance.

People who aren't reporting it are people who most likely just don't realize the values are off. This is what happened to me for almost an entire playthrough. I was losing out on almost 15% sign intensity and nearly 30% attack power. Dear lord.

The effect of the bug is fairly minor, though real.

If we have a 300 attack sword (typical mid game silver, mid-late steel):

A single Greater Red increases damage by 10%. It is boosted by 10% for each Red skill attached.
This means that the effective strength without the bug (and with no skills/bonuses applied) is 420, with the bug it is 390. Other bonuses are applied against the base value, not this modified one, so the other attack skills (e.g. Cat and Precision) give 45% increase or +135 ~ for 435 damage without any mutagen bonus.

Total basic damage with one mutagen and these skills is then 525 with the bug, 555 without (just over 5% deficit). With 3 mutagens it gives, 705 with, 795 without the bug.(Just over 11% lost).

The total is used for critical damage though so the lost damage in basic attacks does continue to be lost in critical ones too. I've always found it worthwhile to re-apply the mutagens on starting a game session (and take the opportunity as a reminder to check active skillset and equipment condition (which can otherwise be overlooked for a long time (note that equipment condition and performance is lost before the red condition is applied for player notification)). Not doing so isn't transformative for gameplay though. Oils, weapon enhancement from grind wheels, condition maintenance and runes can more than compensate for the lost basic damage (though could be used to enhance the full value if the loss isn't experienced).

Not as sure how important the effect is for signs and alchemy...

The effect of the bug is fairly minor, though real.

If we have a 300 attack sword (typical mid game silver, mid-late steel):

A single Greater Red increases damage by 10%. It is boosted by 10% for each Red skill attached.
This means that the effective strength without the bug (and with no skills/bonuses applied) is 420, with the bug it is 390. Other bonuses are applied against the base value, not this modified one, so the other attack skills (e.g. Cat and Precision) give 45% increase or +135 ~ for 435 damage without any mutagen bonus.

Total basic damage with one mutagen and these skills is then 525 with the bug, 555 without (just over 5% deficit). With 3 mutagens it gives, 705 with, 795 without the bug.(Just over 11% lost).

The total is used for critical damage though so the lost damage in basic attacks does continue to be lost in critical ones too. I've always found it worthwhile to re-apply the mutagens on starting a game session (and take the opportunity as a reminder to check active skillset and equipment condition (which can otherwise be overlooked for a long time (note that equipment condition and performance is lost before the red condition is applied for player notification)). Not doing so isn't transformative for gameplay though. Oils, weapon enhancement from grind wheels, condition maintenance and runes can more than compensate for the lost basic damage (though could be used to enhance the full value if the loss isn't experienced).

Not as sure how important the effect is for signs and alchemy...

Fairly minor? Really? Try playing Death March and be lvl 34 and missing out on 500 straight DPS on each weapon. That's monumental when we're dealing with 2k-3k DPS. I mean, really. It's not minor. At all. It's a major, major problem. The sign intensity is equally as bad. You can be losing at any given moment anywhere from 10-40% sign intensity due to this bug.

Please don't go around saying it's minor. It's actually enormous.

Edit: This is for me, anyway. I was using 3 +10% AP's and 1 +10% Sign Intensity. So I mean when I would re-add the 3 red mutagens and each would give me anywhere from 30-40% extra attack power.. EACH remember.. each of my swords went up, literally, 500DPS. One went from 1558 - 2024 and the other went from 1348 - 1789. That's not minor.

Last edited:
for me it's not like that , i'm level 35 - Death March : the "bugged" damage is : 2204 silver sword / 1543 steel sword . After re-applying the mutagens : 2341 silver sword / 1637 steel sword . Yes, it should be fixed but it has no relevance for me atm , i kill everything that moves in the same manner .
i have only two red slots : one adds 60% and the other 45% - the "error" is less than 10 %

Attachments

• skll.jpg
    skll.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
...the mutagen "stash" is literally the worst thing ever in a video game. How did that leave the studio :eek:

Agreed, it's a shocker. Absolutely no pattern or semblance of order, just random coloured mutagens all lumped in together, making finding and selecting specific ones a feckin' nightmare. It really is a mystery how this got past testing.

---------- Updated at 04:11 PM ----------

...for me it's not like that

Yeah, that was kinda the point... for you it's OK. For others, it's a major league pest that's crippling our characters and making mutagen use absolutely pointless. Hence these threads.

For the few people continually saying they don't have this bug.. kindly take a video of you going into your inventory, examining the mutagen buffs, fast travel to another map, look at your mutagen buffs, remove, then re-insert. Until we see proof that this DOESN'T exist for everyone, I'm going to go out on a limb and say every single user on every platform is affected.

Top Bottom