1.07 and witcher gear

+
1.07 and witcher gear

Well as the title says, pretty sure it said Level required 14 and not 18 when i stopped playing yesterday x) been looking thru the changelog but can´t find anything about it, Correct me if iam wrong tho <3

lvl needed for witcher gear

So before the patch i was wearing mastercrafted ursine swords because they were for lvl 30. now i did the reason of state quest where i had to unequip my weapons i've completed the quest and now i can't equip my mastercrafted weapons because it says lvl 34.... so what's that about...

iCake

Forum veteran
Same thing here. I think they just rebalanced this a little bit, which is okay in my opinion.

Is levelling quicker? Any changes as far as anyone can tell? True, there is a bunch of armor I never wear because witcher gear is so good.

Same thing here. I think they just rebalanced this a little bit, which is okay in my opinion.

I also think the rebalance is ok. Not mentioning it in the change log it's not.

If this comes true and it's intentional, then it will be the very first time that I'll be really upset about a decision from CDPR. Why?
This is an RPG, and people are free to face the game however they want. Some will do the main quest first, fail many quests and don't care about the rest of the content. Others will try to do everything first and leave the main quest to the end. And there are a lot more ways to play in the middle. Maybe someone can try do finish the game naked, others are so fancy of the Kaer Morhen armor that they'll wear it 'till the end. Some will wear the first upgrade they get, and on and on...

This was MY choice since the beginning: I will only wear witcher gear and nothing else. I will search for every upgrade from whatever school until I get the Ursine stuff. From that point on, I will only wear Ursine Gear.
I always play games in the same way if it allows me. I do everything first, try to get the best gear available, and then finish the main quest in style. I carefully planned my "questing" to the point that I'm almost 27, haven't started Act 2 (but have the quest) and I'm about 265 hours of game time. I wanted to do act 2 with the Superior Ursine and act 3 with the Mastercraft version.

If I'm not mistaken and from what I've read from others, you will finish the game around lvl 35 if you do most of the stuff. That would mean very little playtime with the best gear (for that level). That makes sad... (Hello DA:I)

What if I was already 27 and already crafted the superior version (like the OP)? Now ALL my gear is useless, I'd have to craft a lower tier version or worst, buy some armor and weapons from vendors.
On a "funny note", I can imagine someone in the middle of a long quest chain in the middle of a dungeon and for some reason they unequipped all the gear and don't have a spare one :D

This is not the end of the world, and I'm sorry if this looked like it. I'm not the type of "complaining" guy. I'll just have to adjust and move on. Sadly.

Ps- @ale666 more XP could "balance" it, but as it is, it's very easy to be overlevelled already : /

(sorry for my bad english)

iCake

Forum veteran
Scaen, I hear you. Although, I just have to say that the Witcher 3 is definitely not an RPG that you play your way. Why? Because if it was, there wouldn't have been a recommended level system for quests. That said, the system is there to force you to play the way the developers have intended for you. Quests are too many and there is no way you can complete them all and not get overlevelled for a good bunch of them. Considering that the most XP you get comes from the main missions, the best course of action is to start any of the main quests whenever you are at the recommended level for the corresponding quest.

If the above doesn't convince you, think about the penalty system for facing opponents that are 6 or more levels higher than you are. That's just another tool to control the way you play the game.

The reason for the level rebalancing is atm wolven was superior since it was lvl 34 and had higher stats due to higher level. Now every sets master version is lvl 34 so the sets are balanced with each other.

Scaen, I hear you. Although, I just have to say that the Witcher 3 is definitely not an RPG that you play your way. Why? Because if it was, there wouldn't have been a recommended level system for quests. That said, the system is there to force you to play the way the developers have intended for you. Quests are too many and there is no way you can complete them all and not get overlevelled for a good bunch of them. Considering that the most XP you get comes from the main missions, the best course of action is to start any of the main quests whenever you are at the recommended level for the corresponding quest.

If the above doesn't convince you, think about the penalty system for facing opponents that are 6 or more levels higher than you are. That's just another tool to control the way you play the game.

Thanks for your post, but let me kindly disagree in one point. Yes, main quests are the main source of XP in the game and by far the most efficient. But like you said, there's a tone of quests in this game and I actually found that developers want you to get out of the main quest and do a lot of other stuff. There's is TOO MUCH stuff that one will miss if they stick mainly to the main quests and the respective secondaries that come along with it. To quote myself: "I'm almost 27, haven't started Act 2 (but have the quest) and I'm about 265 hours of game time." Main Quests are the best source for XP, but not the only one ;)

Although I felt I needed to go there to explain why I feel sad about such a change in gear, my leveling experience it's not the issue here. It's about to only have the chance to wear the best gear in the very, very "end" of the game. Whatever the path you choose, you will be in the 30-35 range (some a bit more) when you finish the game.

@zeypheruk , indeed, and I already said that it is ok. It should have been done a lot sooner in my point of view, and the lack of info on the change log is getting people by surprise :)

Edit: Just a note. Whatever the path you choose to level/quest you will always overlevel stuff. It's up to you to choose what you want to overlevel.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yup without abusing anything one will eventually get to lvl 35-37. Also agree that this should have been done a lot sooner. Oh well atleast its done now.

1.07 and witcher gear

I'm level 21 and had enhanced cat gear before patch 1.07, and after applying the patch the level requirement went up to level 23!! It was level 21 previously. So I have to level up twice to use my current gear, and find new in the meantime. I'm playing on the Xbox one.

Yes this was done to balance all the school gears. So now all schools master crafted version is lvl 34, before only wolven was lvl 34.

Great now I have to work my ass off to get lvl 34 to be able to wear my mastercrafted ursine again....EEWW GERALT PUT SOME CLOTHERS ON MATE

I like it, since each school gear fits a certain playstyle. Now all are fine so one is not penalised for choosing one school or the other. Wolven still the best for hybrids, ursine best for adrenaline builds and so on and so on.

At least it didn't start me in his underwear. As long as I don't change his gear, it looks like I can keep using it. But once unequipped it can't be used again until you meet the level requirement.

At least it didn't start me in his underwear. As long as I don't change his gear, it looks like I can keep using it. But once unequipped it can't be used again until you meet the level requirement.

Whatever you do, don't go to the barber shop! :D

Most people do not even reach level 34 even after beating the game. CDRP, are you seriously this stupid? Now instead of enjoying your high level armor for a whole THREE HOURS before you beat the game, now you may not even get to wear it.

I really, really hate this change.

Top Bottom