1.07 and witcher gear

+
Yup without abusing anything one will eventually get to lvl 35-37. Also agree that this should have been done a lot sooner. Oh well atleast its done now.

Do you huff paint? What is the point of this gear post-game? MOST PEOPLE don't even hit 34 until after they beat the game. You get to enjoy your high level armor for like an hour now or something. It is a bad change.

Cool armor level requirement adjustments, guys

You can and will probably beat the game before hitting level 34 and that's the new req for all mastercrafted gear! Enjoy using it to run around after beating the game or perhaps the two hours before you beat it.

CDPR, what are you doing? What was the rationale behind this ? Nerf the stats if you want to, but the new level requirements are insanely stupid.

It's a really, really weird decision. The only way that this makes sens to me is if there are serious changes to how XP works coming in a future patch, or if NG+ is on the horizon. Otherwise, as it has been pointed out, a huge number of players won't even be able to use mastercrafted gear until the game is over.

Guest 3835758

+1

This has to be a cruel joke. Unless the leveling system is changed, too, this is a most unnecessary change. In my first playthrough, after 200 hours+, all possible Quests done I left for the final mission, the point of no return and opprtuinity to craft anything, with level 33.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3835758

Yes this was done to balance all the school gears. So now all schools master crafted version is lvl 34, before only wolven was lvl 34.
Just lowering the requirements for the wolven gear would've done the job, too. So players are forced now to grind the hell out of the game in order to even reach level 34 before starting the final mission.

Well as the title says, pretty sure it said Level required 14 and not 18 when i stopped playing yesterday x) been looking thru the changelog but can´t find anything about it, Correct me if iam wrong tho <3

As far as i'm aware that's correct. All the different witcher schools gear have equalized requirements now.

This is absurd. Was that even a complaint? "Master-crafted level requirement is too low, man!" No! It's idiotic to have any level requirements that high. I mean, Gnomish Gwyhyr schematic is like, level 47? You can't get that level in the game!

I agree. I think that I actually hit level 34 during the quest "On Thin Ice," which is the last quest in the game. It doesn't make any sense to include mastercrafted gear that many players won't actually be able to use until after the game is finished. Especially considering that a majority of players seem to feel that the postgame world state is in need of major improvements.

Real men fight naked (or: why retroactive changes are great)

I'll make it short, promise: I have two armor sets - Ursine and Feline - both "mastercrafted", many custom runes attached. Need level 34 post patch 1.07, level 29 pre-patch. Am level 32 currently.

--> Off to fight naked! :)

(Crafting any of the sets anew would most likely cost me most ressources I have left, maybe more. So the game is a bit screwed for me now. Thanks CDPR, great idea indeed!)

Don't get me wrong: They deserve a weekend like everyone else. But sooner or later I'd like a statement.

If I go to the barber (BE CAREFUL, don't change your haircut when currently wearing items above your level) or if I want to change into the Ursine armor when in Skellige (it's colder there, doing a little roleplaying here) I will be naked. This is almost a gamebreaker right there. I'm short one and a half level of the requirements all of a sudden.

Of course I could craft me something else, a cheap little set of non-witcher gear maybe but...meh. That's such a stupid and (most likely unintentional) cruel decision they made. I sincerely doubt they invested a few seconds of straight thinking into this idea...

Yeah, it is a stupid idea for so many reasons. Just imagining you just got the level for the mastercrafted armor shortly before the patch and now you are literally naked after the patch...

I can't even begin to grasp how ANYONE could think this was a good idea. It is stupid on so many levels. Yes, maybe the armors were a little too powerful or so...well, then nerf them slightly. Don't force an arbitrary change on the player, effectively taking his hard earned items away from him.

Now the mastercrafted versions are useless. I got to level 35 both times I played through the game and I doubt you can get much higher at the moment. So that means you will only be able to wear the mastercrafted stuff in the last few steps of the main quest. Most of the mastercrafted armors look great, I want to wear them longer than one hour or so in a game that is like 80-100 hours long. -.-

The Wolven Set is badly thought out anyway, now they force these changes on every set instead of fixing the broken set? What is wrong with you?

Those of us who try to create some immersion by roleplaying the story most likely wont head back to Velen in order to forge the mastercrafted gear during the last few quests anyway. Would feel stupid, like "'heyo guys, just sit there and stall the Wild Hunt while I'm off for a few days / weeks crafting DAT ARMOR!!!" -.-

So in effect this is like taking the mastercrafted stuff out of the game.

Not sure if the addon content (the episodes due for release later this year and early 2016) is linked in a way you could possibly enjoy your mastercrafted gear there and then, or if they are seperate entities and not really linked to the core game. That would make a least an ounce of sense...in the long run. But for those currently playing the game it's a kick in the arse for sure.

You do realize that new game+ could be coming? Then there are the expansions as well.

They already said that there won't be a NG+ mode anytime soon if ever.

And I doubt the expansions will do much in the overall leveling, you will likely have more quests not giving Exp is all.

Guest 3835758

Those of us who try to create some immersion by roleplaying the story most likely wont head back to Velen in order to forge the mastercrafted gear during the last few quests anyway.
After a certain point you can't even get back to Velen anyway - for me it would've been impossible to wear my cat school master gear in my last playthrough - after 200 hours + in the game.

"Yo, we can't start now, I have to slay several hundrets of any monsters before we meet the enemy for the final strike."

Top Bottom