( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

i see. thanks for clearing that up.
I'ts a pity you couldn't keep both the new alternate movement and the standard movement in its pre-patch version ( i.e. with the slow walk included), but i guess you had your reasons.
Anyway, thanks again and keep up the great work!!!

I feel forced on something I do not want in order to enjoy new DLC.

Hey, I've been around since the release.

I've stopped patching the game from 1.06 because that works for me.
Also another reason I don't download patch 1.07 or any future patch is because they removed the

JoyStick control movement where I can smoothly adjust the walk speed from slow motion walking to faster.
I love this control of movement, this is why I use a Xbox One Controller for my PC.

But I did download the new animations DLC but I cannot install them because I don't have patch 1.07.

So in other words I won't be able to enjoy future DLC.
If I don't ACCEPT that they REMOVED something so specific as to CONTROL over MOVEMENT with my CONTROLLER.

And that blows my mind why they do this to me!

Can you please allow me to have patch 1.06 on my own free will and still let me enjoy the DLC that I've PAID for?
I don't like forced patches that removes something that I enjoy, this is not a MMO.
So why force me.

---------- Updated at 08:07 AM ----------

Now I'm afraid they will (most likely) force me to patch this game (that removes the Xbox One Controller movement on fine adjusting movement on my walk real time), for the two expansions that I paid for. And I will never be able to play them if I don't accept what they have taken from me (or will) if I am to enjoy what I paid for the Expansion Pass, sigh.

This is a little something called "life" .... Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it .... Just the way the world works ....

We got an alternative control scheme for the complaints of slow movement. So why not just disable the slow walk for the alternate, and keep it for the original? Or at least give us the option to "allow slow walking." I understand and respect a design decision, but not one that so many people dislike.

This.
Why CDproj did think this was a good idea is beyond me. Anyway I'm tired of waiting for fixes, I think I'll just finish the game and stop caring anymore.

Besides the point that it should've been optional - does anybody actually see a noticeable improvement in the transistion ? Because I dont't.

The transistion between the "new slow walk" aka run / jog and full stop is just as bad as before - Geralt is still iceskating

Is really anyone looking at this and saying: Yeah that's the responsivenes I've been looking for - Because I just don't see it.

well, when you buy a game, you implicitely accept that there will be changes made to improve it (whether it does or not is not for you alone to judge) and you can't expect that further content we'll be scaled to the version YOU are enjoying.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I have enjoyed every single minutes of the games since the last patches, especially the new movement option that is considerably better than the original one. Inventory is also way better now, with books and notes being put in a specific tab. Also, stability and frame rate has been hugely improved (I play with everything on Ultra, 1080p, hairworks x8, 60+fps).

The positive far outweight the negative, so maybe it's time you open your eyes and see for yourself ;)

Standard to remove the function of the Joystick in order to improve... what? o_O

It doesn't improve anything by removing it.

So to me it seem just like they messed up and don't know how to fix it or doesn't care. Probably the last.

The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.
Multiple reports from users who complain, I never complained. I actually thought everything was perfect.
Should I had reported that everything felt really good before you changed it? Should had said so.

You should had rather made it a option for there are people like myself that love how it played like Assassin Creed in order of how slow you could walk, or faster.. for role play purposes and the feeling of it.

But I guess if enough people report something they have trouble with or dislike, you just go for the easy solution, remove it and ignore people like myself that enjoys it but don't normally go on reporting what we like, sigh.

And by this thread you should know you guys did a mistake!

Each update, patch or DLC may be considered to be necessary for one of the other pieces.
I thought they were free DLCs, how have you paid for this?

Honestly, OP, this is an issue of your own making. Please calm down or wait for 1.08.

they've heard the cries for the pressure sensitive walk, so it's likely you'll see a fix in patch 1.08

and bro, it's free, they've taken nothing from you. the standardising of supporting patches is pretty logical from a game development perspective. alas, they cannot cater to every consumer who chooses to stick with old patches. this is how it is.

Classic example of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This is a very poorly implemented 'tweak'.

Did you consider the hundreds of thousands of players who actually very much enjoy slow walking around the beautiful world you created? Since when in LESS functionality better?

The sensible way to implement this would be to a) remove slow walk for the new alternate movement method and b) keep slow walk for the old movement method.

That way people who complain can have no slow walk and people who like to explore can use the original movement OR use the new alternate movement and quickly switch to original for slow walking / exploring. It only takes a second.

Please fix this as soon as possible, preferably in 1.08 so we can enjoy the fantastic world you created once more.

SLOWLY.

Last edited:
well, when you buy a game, you implicitely accept that there will be changes made to improve it (whether it does or not is not for you alone to judge) and you can't expect that further content we'll be scaled to the version YOU are enjoying.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I have enjoyed every single minutes of the games since the last patches, especially the new movement option that is considerably better than the original one. Inventory is also way better now, with books and notes being put in a specific tab. Also, stability and frame rate has been hugely improved (I play with everything on Ultra, 1080p, hairworks x8, 60+fps).

The positive far outweight the negative, so maybe it's time you open your eyes and see for yourself ;)

I am not sure if this is ment as a response to me or if it just seems that way because threads got merged or something - if so I apologize in advance

What has the improved inventory or stability to do with the topic at hand ? I also like the new inventory and enjoy the improved stability but it has nothing to do with the removed slow-walk

Besides the point that it should've been optional - does anybody actually see a noticeable improvement in the transistion ? Because I dont't.

The transistion between the "new slow walk" aka run / jog and full stop is just as bad as before - Geralt is still iceskating

Is really anyone looking at this and saying: Yeah that's the responsivenes I've been looking for - Because I just don't see it.

Do you actually see an improvement in this regard ? If so than I accept that this change could very well be positiv for some players - I still don't get why it is not just in the alternative method and why the original movement option couldn't stay what it is supposed to be - the original movement method!

Does the removed slow-walk / better transition improve your gameplay? - I am honestly curious - because it does nothing for me to improve the "iceskating" transition

I'm happy at patch 1.06 because they didn't mess up the walking with my Xbox One Controller on PC.

But they stop me from downloading DLC and EXPANSIONS because they need the newest patch, so great.

I thought introducing a new movement system was to avoid making changes to the vanilla system.

Here's a thought, give us 3 options then!

-Vanilla
-Vanilla without slow-walk (which nobody actually asked for in the first place)
-New Alternate mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom