2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
Depends what you consider the "RPG Community". The forums and places of the internet I generally visit the reaction has definitely been positive... So I'm not really sure where it's being heralded as "Terrible news by the RPG Community".

That was a joke about what @Jack Bauer 24 tends to say.

Edit: I will hold myself from insulting others on the forum as much as possible.

It would be cool if they make Ciri-playable moments between chapters, not when I have 9000 quests to do,

:listen:I really hope this is substantial.I hope we get to roam around with Ciri at least explore and fight with her.

I understand if they can't let us do real quests with her as we do with Geralt ,but I hope this more than the ultra brief sections in TW2.

Please just some free roaming and fighting as Ciri would be great :unworthy::cheers::unworthy:

Please just some free roaming and fighting as Ciri would be great

I get the feeling that Ciri's segments in TW3 will be more akin to the Eternal Battle than say, Roche vs Iorveth, at least in terms of length/importance.

I don't think we'll be playing as her for more than a handful of hours, and I highly doubt they'll let us freeroam as her (Maybe exploration WITHIN a closed off story-based area), but you'll definitely get to fight as her, and the time spent with her will be relatively decent, just not "substantial".

Regardless how central Ciri may or may not be to the plot, Geralt is still the MAIN protagonist, he's the "player character" and it would be deeply frustrating to end up playing as some other character for a huge portion of what you're expecting to be "Geralt's adventure".

It could only be me but I took substantial to mean the importance of the game character and not so much as time played in character .

Yea I kind of only gave "importance" a minor remark, but I definitely still meant that somewhat. I became a bit too focused on just the 'time spent' after my first line.

Anything could happen, I could be completely wrong, but I just still don't think it's worth getting hopes up over being able to freeroam as Ciri, or play a huge amount of time as her. Definitely the moments you play as her WILL be significant and substantial in regards to plot, character building etc, that's a given, simply because they're not going to waste a moment where you get to play as Ciri on something mundane or uninteresting.
So if that's all he meant, then yes, I'm on-board with that, but I just still am of the opinion that time as Ciri will be relatively limited, and frankly it should be.

I have to disagree with you there. What makes The Wither game series so compelling is that it is from the perspective of Geralt. His involvement is a large reason why these games have been successful, and it wouldn't be nearly as compelling if we played a blank slate character with no history. It's likely the games after TW3 will focus on Ciri as the protagonist, but for now this is Geralt's final adventure and I want to see him go out with a bang. To not recognize Geralt's importance to The Witcher universe and why his inclusion in this game is so paramount is to largely miss the point of The Witcher franchise altogether.

You make a compelling and logical argument.

How about a female version of Geralt then? Like Geraldine of Rivia?

---------- Updated at 05:38 AM ----------

You know, a few years ago i might have agreed with you. I cringe when I think back to the time I first saw Witcher 2 and thought it looked a bit crap and the lack of character creation had something to do with that.

IMO neither way is better overall just better in different situations. It can be fun to come up with your own story for your character in RPGs with less of a focus on a deep, complex story such as Skyrim, or to a lesser degree, DA:I. But the problem with this is that the extra customization you get over your character and their background means there are more variables for the developers to consider and so they have to write it to include as many different types of people as they can. This has the result of making the writing feel more generic (because it has to be) which can severely reduce the enjoyment of the story for a lot of people. This is why I find myself enjoying the writing of more linear games with a set character than traditional RPGs.

The Witcher and other games that do the same thing, such as the telltale games hit the perfect balance for me. You still get to control the story witch sets games apart from other forms of media but with a minimal effect to the quality of the writing and without having a boring protagonist.

Edit: as for being able to play as Ciri I think It's a really good idea to get people new to the series more familiar with her so that they will actually give a fuck about her and so share the same motivation to care for her as Geralt does.

I see your point.

Do you think Ciri will share same combat animations as Geralt? For example like sword fighting etc. I also wonder if you could slice ppl in half with her ?

I get the feeling that Ciri's segments in TW3 will be more akin to the Eternal Battle than say, Roche vs Iorveth, at least in terms of length/importance.

I don't think we'll be playing as her for more than a handful of hours, and I highly doubt they'll let us freeroam as her (Maybe exploration WITHIN a closed off story-based area), but you'll definitely get to fight as her, and the time spent with her will be relatively decent, just not "substantial".

I would hope for something solidly memorable and replayable.Like a single wholesome quest and the ability to roam at least one of the regions in the game.Obviously she is on the run so she can't really go wherever she likes ,but she should still be able to have some options.

Something like Roche,Iorveth or Henselt would be straight up disappointing concerning Ciri in TW3.I know its a lot to ask for ,but I would totally pay DLC money for expanded Ciri gameplay.

Regardless how central Ciri may or may not be to the plot, Geralt is still the MAIN protagonist, he's the "player character" and it would be deeply frustrating to end up playing as some other character for a huge portion of what you're expecting to be "Geralt's adventure".

Personally, I wouldn't be frustrated at all if Ciri ends up being significantly playable.That's actually a highly exciting idea.Ever since they showed Ciri I wanted to play as her ,but I hope CDPR takes the idea and runs with it rather than make it a shallow experience.

I would totally pay DLC money for expanded Ciri

Nope

Also I don't think she should be able to freeroam, I mean we would experience her gameplay only in important scenes of the game vital to the scene, there's a difference between geralt be able to freeroam and a playable cutscene...

Imagine the gameplay possibilities:
Hypnotizing, transforming into giant bat, romantic relationships with vampiresses.....While playing as Regis we can even bore people to death with philosophical discussions :D :D
Much better than Cirilla :sofa:

I would like to play as Regis in his youth years, if you know what I mean :D

Much better than Cirilla

Well, that's not really saying much, is it? :)

Anyway, I'm sure the parts where we play as Ciri will be just fine. Since she has witcher training, controlling her should be less rage-inducing than controlling other characters in TW2 was.

Top Bottom