Act II : A Dead End?

+
Thank you Fiskrens; at least you have confirmed I need to go to the cemetery.I've done the party with Shani and Dandelion and that knight from the Order (forgot his name). I also had no problem with the autopsy, from which we deduced some chemist might be guilty. In fact I have done everything -- cleared Thaler, the merchant at the Dike and Ramsmeat. I am undecided about VIncent (my notes say i have to reopen the case. And Kalkstein is so angry with me he won't talk to me at all.I even tried putting the 9 stones in, hoping that might trigger something. Dead End.My feeling is that although this game can be somewhat non-linear, you have to do some things in a certain order for the next event to trigger. And somehow, because of the decisions I made, that crucial event never followed.So it's back to the start. Only hope this sort of dead end won't happen in Act V !!

Fiskrens said:
Yeah, you should definitely try to get into the graveyard. If you haven't been able to clear Vincent Meis yet (by doing 'The Rat'-quest), you should try finishing 'Old Friend of Mine'. If you haven't started that yet, talk to Shani. You may also have to do 'The Autopsy' if you haven't yet (but that's a fun one :))
If you go to the cemetary and finally find the body of raymond in the crypt, then vincent and the rest is proven innocent.About the quests in act II; finish as much as you can. Some quests require that you do them in a particular order or that you do them before something else.And then there are some which require you stay in the area and don't leave it (such as a long way home)Keep in mind that if you let the scoia tael take the goods from haren brogg in act I and you want to visit coleman in act II that you don't visit raymond.If you visit raymond then coleman turns up dead in the hairy bear. Not that it is necessary to let coleman live, but if you want to earn some extra xp and cash then you better let coleman live.Yes, with coleman staying alive you can with the quest the rat prove vincent innocent, but to prove vincent innocent there are 2 more ways (autopsy and finding the body of raymond in the crypt)Oh and i read here that someone mentions the sentry isn't necessary. Well, it is because the golem holds one sephirah and you need all 10. To finally lure the fake raymond to the tower you want talk with Kalkstein about that. After proving Kalkstein innocent talk with him that you know raymond is fake (offcourse at this moment is it required that you figured out it was azar javed who is behind the things) Kalkstein will mention that you lure raymond aka azar to the mage tower. After that talk with raymond, lie to him that ramsmeat is dead and he must head to the tower. He will give you the last sephirah. About ramsmeat; don't forget to talk with him and prove him innocent.

ahhh so.in my first attempt at Act II Coleman was dead. i was not to know that visiting the real Raymond before going to the Hairy Bear Inn would bring about Coleman's demise.my plan now is to save the end-games of every chapter in a location i can fetch them back from, so if things come to another dead end i can start from the previous rung of the ladder.thanks guys, i am enjoying this game. it's a bit dark for my taste but good nevertheless.cheers and thanks again

sching said:
ahhh so.in my first attempt at Act II Coleman was dead. i was not to know that visiting the real Raymond before going to the Hairy Bear Inn would bring about Coleman's demise.
One of the greater things about this game, that previous actions creates unforeseen consequences :).
my plan now is to save the end-games of every chapter in a location i can fetch them back from, so if things come to another dead end i can start from the previous rung of the ladder.
I always save just about every save in the current chapter, but clear the previous except of start and ending.Anyway, back to your dilemma. It's clear that you didn't make the most of the autopsy: there's at least one book you didn't read. Something about the southern lands, perhaps? ;) (you're never told to read this by anyone, but it often helps to read just about everything Geralt can lay hands on). Re-running that could help. But if you've cleared Thaler you shouldn't have any trouble getting into the cemetery - and that should make you progress. Talk to the gravedigger about a kay in, once more.

i replayed the chapter by keeping Coleman alive and am now in Act III. the unusual thing in the replay was that my journal did not update the number of stones i had. i finished that chapter even though my journal recorded that i had only 8 of the 10 stones. weird. but i am not complaining. this is a very complex game and i am not too worried that it can sometimes go awry. in the previous try, my journal said i had 9 of the 10 stones. maybe i did have more??and you are right about not reading that book about the southern lands -- i am so poor (i hate to loot houses) that i only read books i get for free. and that means saving up for books that i know i need, such as those that will identify the monsters in oren-paying quests!! didnt think i would need a book on the southern lands!!cheers,sching

You made it to Act II, so you had all ten seriphot.It is a "bug" mentioned somewhere else on this page (or the the wiki), that, when you don't get the seriphot in the order the games "thinks", the counting goes to leave out one or two. It has to do, i believe to remember, with the order in which you get the last two: The game "thinks", you will get the one from the golem first, and then the one from Raymond. If that is the case, your journal tells you you have ten. But if you get the one from raymond before you get the one from the golem, it is only nine.

Grandempereor said:
You made it to Act II, so you had all ten seriphot.It is a "bug" mentioned somewhere else on this page (or the the wiki), that, when you don't get the seriphot in the order the games "thinks", the counting goes to leave out one or two. It has to do, i believe to remember, with the order in which you get the last two: The game "thinks", you will get the one from the golem first, and then the one from Raymond. If that is the case, your journal tells you you have ten. But if you get the one from raymond before you get the one from the golem, it is only nine.
That is because when you send the false raymond to the tower it triggers the final part and there is no way back then.So in that case the sephirah given by raymond is always the last sephirah and you should obtain it if you done everything else before.There are similar situations in other acts.

thanks guys for the advice. guess i shall have to go at this game with a little more linearity.cheers.

Im a little late to post a reply but i just wanted to add that I am having the same problem....and from what i read there is really nothing i can do but start the game over!?....

Well, that depends: "the same problem" might always be the same problem if you get my meaning ;). Try telling what you've done and where you're stuck, there are a lot of phases where you'll think that you are stuck but you actually aren't in this act.

Fiskrens said:
Well, that depends: "the same problem" might always be the same problem if you get my meaning ;). Try telling what you've done and where you're stuck, there are a lot of phases where you'll think that you are stuck but you actually aren't in this act.
Turns out it was a bug in the game.. I have to do things in order nest time i play

Top Bottom