Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
As we mentioned, this bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend.

This just patently not the case though. I did around five 22-24 quests at level 25 with no reward, and if I didn't revert to an older save I'd be rapidly running out of ways to get to 26-27.

No way I'll "enjoy the game" if that entails crippling my character advancement potential in a 100-hour game, you have to understand that.

Last edited:
As we mentioned, this bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend.
To be honest, it's very hard to enjoy playing the game if you aren't getting rewarded from the quests you complete. :-

Also, was this bug introduced with patch 1.04 or did it already appear in the previous versions?

Mate, comments such as this aren't helping anyone. If you know details, please provide them. Which/how many quests are affected? What causes the bug under which circumstances? Then people can make up their own minds if they want to wait for the patch or just ignore the bug and keep playing.

I finished several quests last night and finally realized I wasn't getting any XP for them, this really sucks because I'm at level 21 and there are things that open at level 22 that I want. You guys should level everyone up an extra spot or two as part of the patch. Please be more careful with your game updates in the future, the last one didn't seem to do anything more than mess things up and I'm loving this game, I don't want to see things made worse.

Another thing you guys need to change is having animals attack you when coming out of cut scenes. I failed one of the early quests (precious cargo) because after the load screen when I was supposed to get on the horse to chase the guy down wolves were attacking Roach and I failed the mission.

Last edited:
ou will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

Can you please specify some of these thresholds regarding lvl for some parts of the game? So that we can compare. Like I said before, at act 2 in Kaer Morhen at lvl 24. And that is with doing quite a lot of exploring, side quests and contracts. Still there is a lvl 30 mission there. Seems I am somewhat behind level wise. Especially as you can't come back for this part as I understand it.

For me it seems I have lost at least 3-4 levels because of this bug. And playing on this weekend will make it only worse.

Yeah so, here is some information missing.Who does it affect? How do we make sure we don't get this issue? Does this issue still happen if You start a new game with 1.04 from scratch? Why do i need to ask those questions?

Eh? Im confused. I tested various quests today, greyed out quests, green quests, red quests, and I did not get xp rewards for completing ANY of them. How would this NOT cause too much experience loss in the long run? Quest rewards are like... the only thing in the game gives a considerable amount of xp.

The whole problem is that I can´t get xp unless I go out into the wilderness and start farming wolves or something. I mean, unless I´m missing something here, there´s no way the game is playable currently.

Yeah sure, let's see, Get junior quest = 500 xp, A poet under pressure quest = 1000 xp. Hmmmm... that is one level for just those TWO quest. Does not matter at all right. I sure as hell enjoy waisting my time .....

Saying it does no affect balance and that it does not cause too much experience to be lost is just downright rude against all those who were affected by the bug in a major way. Either by hampering their playing or wasting their time playing without progressing.

Strange. I'm getting EXP for all of my quests. Maybe it only affects some of them? Yes, I've accepted them all AFTER the 1.04 patch.

Why don't they explain what patch introduced this bug, which patch will fix it and what platforms are we talking about .

Eh? Im confused. I tested various quests today, greyed out quests, green quests, red quests, and I did not get xp rewards for completing ANY of them. How would this NOT cause too much experience loss in the long run? Quest rewards are like... the only thing in the game gives a considerable amount of xp.

The whole problem is that I can´t get xp unless I go out into the wilderness and start farming wolves or something. I mean, unless I´m missing something here, there´s no way the game is playable currently.

Pretty much this. Depending on when you started playing and how quickly the bug was triggered, the game could be completely broken for a lot of people. Obviously that matters, and will "affect progression in the long run".

I Think that a lot of hysteria that is happening right now is because of the lack of information of how exactly this bug is affecting the game and also how exactly does the XP reward works on the game.

For example: Some people are complaining that they are not gaining XP for completing scavenger hunt quest. This is not a bug. These quests never gave XP reward.

Also for example: Does a quest gives more XP when completed on a lower level than the recommended one? Or in the contrary, I known that when a quest is completed and you are six levels above the recommended level you don't have receive the same XP but when you are only 5 ou 4 levels above? Is the same reward?

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

apparently we/I specifically cant finish the game due to main quest breaking bug that prevent us/me from progressing the game.been waiting 10 days since day 1.now you have this exp bug also.because i cant progress main quest,i tend to do quest with higher lvl but now i wont receive any xp on it.nice job man.give back my 70euro please.

I don't understand how it doesn't cause much loss if you don't get any experience at all from main quests? How am I supposed to level up without the significant amounts of XP you get from those?

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

You should fix the ps4 framerate instead !

1) If it doesn't affect experience loss if subtracted, it would also not affect the experience gain if added. Why you insisted on one way but not the other way around? Can't admit you just open a can of worm based on not critically thinking through of the effect of such decision?
2) If you insist on keep the decision as intended, then please open up all quests on map w/ markers so players know ahead of time where the quest's origin is and what is the level required for the quest. Can't do that too, right?

I can't afford to run around not doing a quest and suddenly run upon quests 6 levels below my levels. I didn't pay any attention to that before but now everybody on earth are aware of that. Case in point:
I'm level 13 just leaving Velen and starting Novigrad. Already run into a quest/contract at the Nifgaardian camp 6 levels lower than mine and 1 at Novigrad 10 levels lower than mine and not to mention a sudden sunken treasure quest 10 levels lower than mine because I ran into it.

Take your loss now, before losing even more good wills.

PS: Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom