All modes stuck on "Searching for a worthy rival..."

+
It seems only new accounts are able to play the game, that sucks. I guess I'll see you in a month, when they release the next patch.

I was able to play fine till today at around 9 or 10 pm my time (around 2 or 3 hours ago). Then the blurry profile page issue occurred but I was still able to play ranked and casual and I thought it would fix itself after I relaunch the game. After playing 3 or 4 matches I shut down the game. When I relaunched it, I can no longer find a match. Any idea what could be causing this?

Looks like it fixed itself last night. Back to normal *touch wood*

Might just be a coincidence but, for me, the bug occurred after i clicked to view my Profile while i was queued for a game. So i would not recommend doing that, just in case.

When I hit play it puts up ranked/casual/practice, but when I click it does nothing

It could be that your deck doesn't meet the requirements. The provision cost for a few units has changed recently, so it's possible that your deck might need some adjustment. Check out your deck and make sure that it has the right amount of cards and doesn't cost too many provision points.

Hello! I've played GWENT long time before these updates. The last time I played was before the cards rework, kinda 2017ish, anyway, I tried it today, and after the tutorial, I can't seem to find any player on neither ranked nor casual matches... Do you guys have any idea? Is this common bug? I've sen that there has been a major update recently, right?

I'm on computer, win 10 and stuff. I'm using the same internet to post this comment, so it does have internet connection...

I can't seem to find any player on neither ranked nor casual matches... Do you guys have any idea? Is this common bug?

Other players have experienced the same problem, some more frequent than others. CDPR is looking into this. Let's hope the issue will be fixed with the coming December patch.

And multiple 10+ minutes queues later - "Unknown error". Today i actually spent more time waiting for games than playing them. Is it really some type of error or just the search engine set up way too tightly, meaning searching only for opponents within 1 rank difference, and not finding any? This is very frustrating. I feel like there is already plenty of people in pro rank and then not enough people going up, so when you get to high ranks the player pool is very small. Can you please change it so we can play with people within +/- 3 rank difference, even 5 would be fine imo. Deck and card collection wise it really doesn't matter if you are rank 1 or 7 so it's not like there is some unfair advantage coming from this front.

Yes. Today was the worst search times I have ever had excluding back when I tried to play xbox only. The player base is just smaller than it used to be. With hardly any effort at all I'm in the top 5000 global players. That used to take many more games to achieve.

The player base is just smaller than it used to be.

Maybe that but I suspect also some buggy code in last patch. I'm watching a lot of streams and searching time for most streamers went up after last update and that shouldn't have place as latest patch has very positive reviews so some players could return to the game.

i think the problem is in ranked modus mostly. it seems to count not only your current rank, but also other things, it seems to me your average playtime is counted or how often you have been lv 60.

the reason why i am pretty sure about this is, cause if i play casual mode, i still search long, but generally WAY shorter than in ranked. in ranked i get about 5 times a timeout message until i can play one match. i dont think it is because of my rank, which is very low at the moment (e.g. like 10) => so many people should have a similar one. but i think it is cause i got about 2600h of playtime and i am currently on my 3rd or 4th run through lv 60. so maybe it tries to match me with some other guys who have also "internal level" like 60*3 = 180 or so. also it seems that i play always against the same 5 other people, i know their name generally, sometimes even their decks.

in contrast, in casual i generally get match within 30 seconds and only very rare a timeout, and i face many new names.

maybe other people with long playtime (e.g. more than 1500h) could verify this?

The reasons are simple. Probably less players than before Homecoming, Gwent is the most popular in EU so queues will be longer in other regions, construction of current ranked mode that only matches players +/- 1 rank so rank 15 player will be matched with rank 14, 15 and 16 players ONLY, you can't switch between pro rank and regular ladder so if someone want to play after climbing to pro rank then he is locked to pro rank and casual (this is probably the part of the reason why there are long queues in rank 1-5).

Yes. That's why i'm flustered that someone merged my topic/post with this one, it's a different issue. I can find opponents in casual mode, i also didn't have this problem in lower ranks, but now when i'm rank 1 and it looks like i can only find opponents from rank 1 or rank 2, there isn't one, and i'm constantly getting this "Unknown error: there was an error connecting with one of our services. but fear not - chances are we are already fixing it.". So we need a change in search engine so we can play with at least rank 4 players as i mentioned above, that would be that +/- 3 ranks. And as i said, 5 ranks difference would be completely fine also.

Is this problem deckbased? I have a Skellige deck that usually needs 5 minutes at least to find a worthy opponent, if I cancel that and for example take an Eredin deck the opponent is found within 1 minute or faster.

No it's not deckbased. Also i don't think it's technical issue 4RM3D, yesterday when there was about 3 or 4 other people playing i was getting games pretty fast, granted it was all the same people all the time which kind of sucks but still better than being stuck on searching screen and then getting an error. Can i actually see how many players are there in rank 1 or 2?

This has to be a priority... Rank 1 truly is unplayable. There is not enough players - change the search engine.

Top Bottom