Alternate Look for Ciri was on Xbox Live ( Now gone?l)

+
Oh well, just another alt costume I am not going to use. The alt looks have all been very disappointing to me, they all look so generic. Yen's was tigh peek, Triss was boob peek and Ciri's is now belly peek. Are the designers worried that we have not yet learned basic object permanence and think that if the skin is not there the ladies are just walking suits of armor?
Yen's outfits were both fine, she is a sorceress at the Nilfgaardian court and so it's fine for her to wear something sexy (with her first one bordering on practical apart from the awkward arch of her feet in those boots), Triss default was a disappintment after her TW2 outfit and her alt was just off on so many levels. Ciri's outftis are just strange for an adventuress on the run that was raised to fight both men and monsters and now has to be prepared to fight for her life any second with the Hunt on her heels. It's just weird because they had so many cool outifts in the art books that actually made her look like a badass warrior.

Last edited:
As people have pointed out, perhaps these alt looks are intended to be fun as supposed to immersive/practical. I like all of the looks (overexposure aside), and appreciate that the designers have put extra time into making them for free, but you're right they don't really fit in most of the situations. I guess you can just enable them as appropriate. Yen's is more fitting after Skellige, Triss' only really works at the ball, not so sure about Ciri.

Last edited:
Oh well, just another alt costume I am not going to use. The alt looks have all been very disappointing to me, they all look so generic. Yen's was thigh peek, Triss was boob peek and Ciri's is now belly peek. Are the designers worried that we have not yet learned basic object permanence and think that if the skin is not there the ladies are just walking suits of armor?
Yen's outfits were both fine, she is a sorceress at the Nilfgaardian court and so it's fine for her to wear something sexy (with her first one bordering on practical apart from the awkward arch of her feet in those boots), Triss default was a disappointment after her TW2 outfit and her alt was just off on so many levels. Ciri's outfits are just strange for an adventuress on the run that was raised to fight both men and monsters and now has to be prepared to fight for her life any second with the Hunt on her heels. It's just weird because they had so many cool outfits in the art books that actually made her look like a badass warrior.

This. I agree with.

Just found this awesome art, I'll have to search for the source so I can credit them:

Attachments

• Ciralt.jpg
    Ciralt.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I've tried again, hopefully it'll show up. It's basically Ciri in Geralt's starting armour :) Something like that would've been a bit much though!

Seriously CDPR? Seriously? Are your artists incapable of making good looking sensical outfit?

Has to be that Triss and Ciri both look like whores on parade day. Ves was one thing, since she at least had nonsensical armor even though she had it unbuttoned. But seriously fuck this sex appeal bullshit.

At least Triss's original outfit looks good, but Ciri's doesn't...and instead of fixing it you instead go for this crap.

I think people here need to really loosen up and don't be such a stick-in-the-muds. Listen to this song maybe a bit. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A And then come back and simply appreciate those outfits for what they are instead of constantly whining how they aren't 100% realisit, as if everything else in the game is.

At least Triss's original outfit looks good, but Ciri's doesn't...and instead of fixing it you instead go for this crap.

"Crap" is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

Last edited:
If you want to make an armor, make it to make sense.

Either you create purely a travelling gear - like Ciri's original, where the stuff like opened blouse makes sense, because there is no protection anyway or you make something that actually protects the wearer.

Why would somebody bother himself with chainmail vest while leaving belly and sternum exposed? What's the point? I don't care about "sexualized" armors, but I'll complain when it makes no practical sense.

Last edited:
Wow this one is really fantastic, an expansion on her default outfit by adding more armor.

And personally i don't like it. If that was the alt look, i wouldn't use it because it makes her character look dull and uniteresting. And Ciri is anything but that.

As I've said in another thread of this Forum:

Don't get me wrong. The alternative costumes of DLCs are beautiful designs but.... It's on me or CDPR is falling absolutly in a fanservice with them?

I rather think that they are models that were discarted in a first time from the game, and now give a chance for showing this kind of creativity from CDPR's team....

Just what happened to the artist(s) who did this:

With respect to just the female armor design, there has been only decline since TW1.

Attachments

• People_Toruviel_full.png
    People_Toruviel_full.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 78
  • People_Rayla_full.png
    People_Rayla_full.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 60
  • People_Elf_sorceress_full.png
    People_Elf_sorceress_full.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 52
At the end of the day, this DLC is completely free and optional. It may not be what most of us hoped for (as I said I was really looking forward to this one, so I'm a little bit disappointed), but it's great that the option is there at all :) Remember that people put extra time and work into making it. I'm going to stick with the default look, but there may be players who prefer using this one.

Top Bottom