Announcing Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

+
only one expansion?
but this game was very sucesful, right?
:confused:
Yep it's unfortunate, but it's like that :)

only one expansion?
but this game was very sucesful, right?
:confused:

too bad, there is a lot of potencial in NC and in V's story

I wouldn't say there is 0% chance of another expansion... but I would say it is only about a .000000001% chance that another expansion is released. If there is another one I also imagine it would be quite short compared to what we should be expecting with Phantom Liberty, which is a Blood and Wine size expansion. The only hope for another one would be if Phantom Liberty smashes like... every expansion sales record ever and also promotes mass sales of the base game to the point where CDPR is pretty much forced to make more content for the game because it would be insane not to. Which is to say Cyberpunk 2077 has sold about 20 million copies and that number keeps creeping up. If somehow the expansion made it explode to something like GTAV levels of popularity - then you'd probably see more content.

That being said that won't happen. So there won't be a second expansion.

CDPR is also moving a bunch of the devs to North America, building new studios and immediately launching into pre-production on Cyberpunk 2 using an entirely different engine with the new studio(s) entirely dedicated to the Cyberpunk IP.

Don't give me jolts, folks. Every time there's new update, I have to redo the mods and there's an ever-fear of losing the Dry Pass.
If I were to pick between the Dry Pass and the PL, I'd probably decide to keep the Dry Pass.

June_announcement_1920x1080.png

Exciting news, chooms: in June we’ll start to share more information about the Phantom Liberty expansion. Stay tuned!

I can't help but notice they're telling us now. I'm trying to temper expectations, but this expansion feels huge.

Or it just means that the expansion wasn't ready to be released in a time frame that would allow them to properly market it. This isn't marketing, this is essentially a "marketing begins in June" announcement.

Equating time with huge is a mistake.

Makes me think Azulath may be right on the 1 mo marketing window if they're firing up in June. It's a bit conspiracy of me, but July has virtually no competition and if they're going to try to be tongue in cheek about it; Independence Day is July 4th... I would argue that 2 months is still the case. Baldur's Gate 3 comes out in August but it's been in early access for years so they don't have much to surprise people with anymore.

Last edited:
Makes me think Azulath may be right on the 1 mo marketing window if they're firing up in June. It's a bit conspiracy of me, but July has virtually no competition and if they're going to try to be tongue in cheek about it; Independence Day is July 4th... I would argue that 2 months is still the case,.. it's hard to say given Baldur's Gate 3 comes out then but it's also been in early access for years so they don't have much to surprise people with anymore.

Personally I think mid-July to late August is a decent time frame.

Don't get me wrong, BG3 is a game I'm looking forward to so much. Been looking forward to it for decades in fact since I played BG2 when it came out in 2000. If I leave my own bias out of it though, I don't think BG3 is such a huge release.

It's not going to bring the numbers or dominate everything the way Diablo 4 or Starfield will. The genre alone isn't as popular. And, of course, as you've pointed out, it's been in early access for so long, most of the hype train already chooed chooed by. I can see CDPR seeing that 1/1.5 month window as an opportunity. If it's not, then, I doubt it'll be before October.

View attachment 11349691

Exciting news, chooms: in June we’ll start to share more information about the Phantom Liberty expansion. Stay tuned!
Vattier, you have finally been able to share new news with all the fans. Some of us were a little sad and angry when we didn't know anything new after so many months. Thanks for the information!!!
Post automatically merged:

A personal assessment of what Vattier says, they will share new information in June. Just to keep it in mind: it is possible that they report the date, price and some of the crazy things they are working on for the expansion, but the expansion can come out in October or November. Such an important product for CDPR seems strange to me that they release it in July or August, but of course I may be wrong.

Makes me think Azulath may be right on the 1 mo marketing window if they're firing up in June. It's a bit conspiracy of me, but July has virtually no competition and if they're going to try to be tongue in cheek about it; Independence Day is July 4th... I would argue that 2 months is still the case. Baldur's Gate 3 comes out in August but it's been in early access for years so they don't have much to surprise people with anymore.

If CDPR tries to dodge any studio or release it seems like they would want to avoid Bethesda.

Agreed on the potential to target something right around July 4th. If not - I'm guessing holiday 2023.

Top Bottom