Any modders or mod teams already ready to rumble?

+
I hope the editor allows for alot of changes for one...An alchemy bag ( either by patch or by mod ) that would hold ingredients so they wont clutter up the main inventory.More sellable loot! Outside of finished quests I find it hard to make any coin at all.. Granted I am not very far in the game ( act 2 ).Then ofcourse I am sure there will be more armor / weapon mods.

thebishopdonjuan said:
The game is already unstable why make it more unstable by making mods
You have 8GB of memory? Do you use XP OS, XP don´t use more than 3 GB, maybe thats the problem.

From CD Projekt side i want to assure we plan to give as much support to the modders as we can provide. We plan many extras connected with community for you :)

Hello Modders!Do you think you could make Geralt walk in OST view with the Tool Set? ;D I'm ready to pay a million of Orins! ;D

It may be a little empty at this moment. But it is open!!![size=20pt][shadow=red,left]THE WITCHER VAULT -- NOW OPEN!!![/shadow][/size]http://witchervault.ign.com/Bookmark it !!!

Soon toolset will be ready and we will have ability to make The Witcher better game (or at least larger). That's why i want to appeal to all of you, talented people who want to dedicate their time on making mods...First few words of entry. Every RPG gamer (esspecially those who play pen and paper games) sees that Oblivion was just poor H&S game with beautifull graphics. But it had and still has enormous potential. Group of talented people could, given fantastic Construction Set, make this game the best RPG ever made. Oblivion has very large community of modders who could do that. Who could totaly convert Oblivion into deep and beautifull RPG from dreams. They are large in noumber, they have skills but somehow Oblivion with has only at planetelderscrolls.com over 25 000 (!!!) mods is still rather boring but beautifull H&S. So how did it happen that from 25 000 mods only few are worthy of downloading and change Oblivion in significant degree? It's because there are so many of them! Not to mentioning that to get to this worthy ones you must search through all this crap just imagine how many time no doubtly talented people dedicated in making such important mods as "ONE SWORD ADDING MOD", "ONE NEW NPC SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD", "ONE TEXT LINE CHANGING UBER MOD" etc. There are of course praiseworthy exceptions but still none of it is real total conversion to real RPG game.Why i say all of this? Oblivion and The Witcher are totally different games. Oblivion is crappy RPG witch so big (wasted unfortunately) potential that it even can not be described (i don't want to start fight witch Oblivion fans - i do like Oblivion very much but it's not good RPG if it can be called RPG at all due to not having any choices it's just action game - it's a fact and i won't answer to any comment concerning that at least not in that topic, i know that many people disagree and maybe you are right and i'm wrong but don't start discussion here - writting it just in case ;) ). On the other hand Witcher is complete great real RPG that at the beginning didn't have any potential of further developement and now with incoming Toolset has it on moderate level. And now my point. Use this potential best you can! Before you make mod think if it will be worthy of downloading? Don't make mods that add one NPC or one sword. Or change textures on one rock next to Abigail's house. Instead of that unite with other people here on forum and do something really worthy. Make new game, new story. Story is all what it is about, give other people new story to play! That's the idea of RPG. And if you can not resist and you really really MUST make "UBER SWORD ADDING MOD THAT WILL MAKE YOU SCROLL DOWNLOAD PAGE TO FIND SOMETHING WORTHY DOWNLOADING" add XXX at the beginning of it's name so at least people could sort list of mods alphabeticaly ;)I hope that future modders will answer positively on my appeal and give us new exciting STORY or change The Witcher totaly to fit your wide vision.

Usually when people make a mod that does very little, such as one sword or one NPC, they're just practicing. Keep in mind that the vast majority of modders are amateurs at best. They're not all as talented and experienced as Oscuro or Francesco. Also remember that frequently the smaller mods are packaged into larger ones such as OOO and Frans.

I used to play Oblivion a lot a little while back, before I got The Witcher. I didn't really appreciate the game at its best, because of some development choices which I'll not discuss entirely. I played it anyway and tried to ignore the obvious flaws. I was really trying to have fun with it and it was working. The level scaling feature still sucked, and really was a pain in the arse but I tried to live with it. Despite all this, I agree with the OP's oppinion perfectly. Oblivion really is a shallow game with a poor, cliched storyline. It really is a game which has undergone a severe process of mainstreaming, compared to its predecessor Morrowind, which makes it far weaker, both from a story point of view and a lore point of view. Whereas Morrowind had a much more thought engaging storyline where there was no clear-cut Good or Evil, Oblivion had a story as shallow as a small puddle. It was all plain Good and Evil, with the Evil demons (they weren't actually demons back in Morrowind but the PR department had to find a regular bad guy which even a three-year old could recognize) attacking the Good empire.Anyway, I pretty much agree with what is said. Still, a mod is a very time-consuming endeavour. I know since I've tried making a mod for Oblivion which added a whole other world to the game-world. An original world with lore made by me and other blokes. It was really a great project but in the end I kind of lost both the time and interest to work at it so I quit. I think it's dead now but I'm not really sure. I honestly hope it's not. Sadly, that is the fate of many an ambitious mod these days, regardless what people might say.

It's cool that The Witcher is attracting people familiar with OB and MW mods, I think the longetivity and gameplay experiences created through modding games for PC still goes largely unrecognized by the powers that be. Playing through the Witcher has been such an inspiration to myself and others that I think we're going to see some very cool mods, albeit along with the generic "new sword" mods. Rest assured however that there are large teams of developers looking to get their hands on this toolset.

Well i've got some good ideas for some new locations based on the booksand i will try to fix up some small bugs with wrong placements of objects in the game like the bottles in the kitchen in the prologue ::)btw we are planing a Modding corner in the german ATARI Forum with some exclusive modsthe Modding Corner will be open when the SDK is released ;)

Hello Modders ;DFirst off, I'm not a RPG fan, but I decided to give The Witches a try, and so far I'm loving it. I am not going to make any comments on game-play, dialogue issues, combat systems or anything like that, since I don't know much about it.Secondly. I'm not a modder. The best I've ever managed was re-colors for The Sims 2. But, I have some suggestions for mods, though I don't know how practical they'd be:1. Change the registration format. I just can't get it right (although I suspect that it is the developers' problem.)2. Try and get rid of the rain, PLEASE. Or was England called Vizima once upon a time? No offence to any members from England.3. Something that's always bothered me about games. Geralt can't climb over a dead tree lying in his way, but people's hands can go through their clothes and they're hair can stick through their backs and out their throats. Can you fix that?4. I quite like the blurred scene playing in the background when Geralt 'gets to know a woman', but I don't like the playing cards. Will you be able to remove them?5. And lastly (for now): Can we get a shirtless Geralt to play with? But make him look better than the other shirtless NPG's (I think that's what they're called - Non Playable Characters?) They just look diseased.I think that's all for now.I hope I haven't offended anyone.If my spelling is strange in some places, sorry, but I'm doing this on my Nokia at the moment and it's a bit of a hassle to check for mistakes like 'he' instead of 'if'.

Guest 2005166

Nice to find a mod corner here. No modder myself, I just could offer my humble assistance for conceptart. Maybe, if wanted? I could train my skills a bit, learn more and have a bit fun besides my regular jobs, of course. My online gallery can be found here: http://unkreativ.deviantart.com/

Hi,Fabien Cerutti (bastard of Kosigan on NWN) is waiting the release of the toolset to see if it will be possible for him to continue batard's saga on a new engine.If there's no map editor (aka NWN or NWN2) he'll probably give up and wait for Dragon Age's toolset...Wait and seeOf course if something cool happend, we're here to make cinematic intro in Bink.The Baudrand Brothers.

Top Bottom