Are there any mentions of Saskia or Iorveth in the game?? (some spoiler)

+
Well, in my game Ioverth got badly hurt by Philippa magic, and Triss recovered him. But in the W3 there is no mention whatsover from Philippa or Triss about what happened to Ioverth. To hear his death from a bunch of stupid NPC'S is a kick to the stomach. It reminds me of Bioware did to Talia's picture in ME 3. Mainstream your game, and your forget about your past characters and decisions.

Well, in my game Ioverth got badly hurt by Philippa magic, and Triss recovered him. But in the W3 there is no mention whatsover from Philippa or Triss about what happened to Ioverth. To hear his death from a bunch of stupid NPC'S is a kick to the stomach. It reminds me of Bioware did to Talia's picture in ME 3. Mainstream your game, and your forget about your past characters and decisions.

I knew that to expect a sidequest to lift the spell off of Saskia in Witcher 3 using the dagger you get off Iorveth would be too much to ask for but I'd hoped that they would leave it in Geralt's inventory or add a journal entry like they did for Shani, leaving the possibility open. When I saw the launch trailer with no Iorveth I was expecting him not to be in the game and honestly at this point I would prefer that since a couple easily missable and throwaway lines stating that he's dead doesn't do the character justice.

---------- Updated at 04:29 AM ----------

I'm not sure that would mean she's dead necessarily, Iorveth can't turn into a dragon and fly off after all. x:

C'mon, this is Saskia we're talking about. She wouldn't abandon her people just to run away. If Free Pontar got massacred then she'd be fighting till the end in her human form.

C'mon, this is Saskia we're talking about. She wouldn't abandon her people just to run away. If Free Pontar got massacred then she'd be fighting till the end in her human form.

Honestly I kind of hope those elves were wrong and he pulled off some elaborate scheme to make everyone think he's dead but he's actually extremely alive and plotting somewhere with Saskia, Sheldon and Yarpen

Classic case of pics or it didn´t happen. Why would they even have the option to choose Roche/Iorveth paths and then just say "lol we killed the other guy off screen for no reason". Give us Iorveth DLC dammit.

Classic case of pics or it didn´t happen. Why would they even have the option to choose Roche/Iorveth paths and then just say "lol we killed the other guy off screen for no reason". Give us Iorveth DLC dammit.

I've been voicing for Dol Blathanna DLC since TW2. Iorveth, Saskia (she, as a card, is already in Scoia'tael deck, why not join them for real), Enid an Gleanna herself, sounds too good to be true but we will keep wishing!

It's strange than certain significant events can happen without Geralt's involvement. So strange.

But that has been the case as long as the franchise has existed. Geralt is a just a single man - even if he has a significant influence on the world, it does not revolve around him.

Characters like Iorverth (him especially) are not going to sit and wait for him to maybe make his way around someday.

But that has been the case as long as the franchise has existed. Geralt is a just a single man - even if he has a significant influence on the world, it does not revolve around him.

Characters like Iorverth (him especially) are not going to sit and wait for him to maybe make his way around someday.

I was joking, mate! I completely agree with you. I find it refreshing Geralt is not the center of attention and is treated equally to his status. He's useful, but not important in the grand scheme of things.

I was joking, mate! I completely agree with you. I find it refreshing Geralt is not the center of attention and is treated equally to his status. He's useful, but not important in the grand scheme of things.

Broken sarcasm meter:sad:

Can someone post either a video of picture of this in english? because it would be absolute nonsense if this is accurate -.-

This might be heresy but why is Iorveth an "important" character? He was a local commander. There are dozens of guys at his level. He played a role in Upper Aderin but had little impact out of that area.

Him being alive or dead doesn't stop Nilfgaard from taking over Upper Aderin. It doesn't stop Radovid from taking over Kadewin. It doesn't stop the witch hunts. It doesn't impact the Wild Hunt. it doesn't impact your romance choices or Ciri. Even Roche doesn't care about him anymore.

he was a character that was local to the W2 story and nothing more.

This might be heresy but why is Iorveth an "important" character? He was a local commander. There are dozens of guys at his level. He played a role in Upper Aderin but had little impact out of that area.

Him being alive or dead doesn't stop Nilfgaard from taking over Upper Aderin. It doesn't stop Radovid from taking over Kadewin. It doesn't stop the witch hunts. It doesn't impact the Wild Hunt. it doesn't impact your romance choices or Ciri. Even Roche doesn't care about him anymore.

he was a character that was local to the W2 story and nothing more.

[opinion]Because he was just a really great character, that's really just it. [/opinion]
I realise he may not be interesting to the W3 storyline but that doesn't mean I wouldn't really love to see him back. Hell, I'd pay good money to play a standalone Iorveth/Scoia'tael game even.

well not quite right he do was a commander in the 2nd war, of these comamanders arnt any more left in the north. most of them sacreficed for the valley of flowers. (if you take the books in consideration).

yes he was local to the story in w2, but take kalkstein for example. he was local to w1 but he gets a mentioning in the mainstory and a rather good one, shani gets a good mentioning too + plus oxenfurt will be part of the first dlc so chances are, we will see her. So yeah a random banter, that most ppl dont even see just isnt a great way to say good bye to a character

Please don't get me wrong. I liked him in W2. I liked playing his path more than Roche. And I wouldn't mind a DLC with him in it. I just don't see him being in the land area that W3 covers. And I'm not sure how his character could be woven into the story to have any real impact outside of some side quest.

you are right there good, he most likely isnt in that area (rodenia still wants his head for the treaty and nilf has a high price on his too). i am not saying he needs to show up, but geralt knows ppl who do have contacts with the squirrls (zoltan i am looking at you), would it have been so hard to put a one liner in his conversation options?

well i can still hope for a blue mountain dlc, probably never gonna see francesca but maybe a little bit of ida and there they can tell me what happened in vergen.

I'm very disappointed yet not surprised Iorveth is not in the game. Yaevinn vanished the same way between the first 2 games. The difference is in the W2 ending, how the characters left together, it looked like it's going to be meaningful. Those and many more characters just needed more closure. At least a proper journal entry, not some overheard line from a conversation you might or might not encounter somewhere in the huge world.

Well that is really shitty, I mean Iorveth is not even my favorite character but I really wanted to see what was he doing or at least some references. I guess since they did not want to put Saskia in game or at least could not, they cut Iorveth too but than again Philippa is there so... there are huge inconsistencies between the two games unfortunately.

Top Bottom