[BUG 1.05] - "Books and Scrolls" shop in Novigrad no longer has an owner/merchant hang!!!

+
[BUG 1.05] - "Books and Scrolls" shop in Novigrad no longer has an owner/merchant hang!!!

As per title. Since installing 1.05 the shop owner is never in his shop. I used to sell all my books and notes to him. Also he gives a side quest, so presumably if he is not spawning anymore then this will have broken/bugged it for people.

I rolled back to 1.04 and loaded the same save file, like magic he was back again.

Please check.

Yea I was wondering what happened to him. Wanted to sell him all my paper stuffs but he's nowhere to be found.

That was indeed the first thing I tried, figuring that a lazy librarian wouldn't open shop as early as 8AM, but no dice. Went and sold my books to the merchant in front of the store.

I just wanna say I completed the quest in 1.05. I also strongly believe that before that patch, he was never there for me. At least I never seen the icon on mini map so I never bothered to enter the store.

I noticed some merchants are not always avalaible in Novigrad. The easiest way to see that is in the main place with the Vivaldi Bank. There, it uses to be an herborist, a blacksmith and 3 different classic merchants. But they are not always avalaible together and sometimes the icon does not spawn on the appropriate one.

So maybe the book merchant bug is not a 1.05 bug but just a "classic" merchant bug .... ?

First, try with mediate.

Most bugs solved with mediate.

I tried meditating to each and every hour within the day, he does not appear at any time AT ALL. EVER.

In 1.04, if he wasn't there, meditating for 1 hour would normally fix it and bring him back, but in 1.05, he just never spawns.

Must be a bug.

I have this same problem. The merchant just isn't there whatever I try. I need to buy books from him to complete a sidequest.

Here's hoping it would be fixed in 1.07 which is released this week as far as I know.

He's also no longer there for me. I was looking to play Gwent with him. Meditating doesn't fix it, and neither does saving/reloading.

I have the same problem.He is not appearing after meditating.I am also looking to play gwent with him.Patch 1.07 doesn't fix that problem

Hello everyone, i dig up this thread to inform CD Projekt that this bug is still in the game. It prevent to accomplish at least one of the secondary quest from Heart of Stone.

I'd like to be able to complete it at some point ...

I also lost him permanently when I was playing my first round. When I started NG+, there he was again.

Same here. Did you need another save files ? Couldn't finish the quest in Hearts of Stone (which is a great dlc by the way !)

Top Bottom