BUG - Missing sword impact sound effects when Geralt hits an enemy

+
Happens the same to me on 1.11

I think that if I restart the game it fixes, but it's a pain to open the game twice every time I want to play.

Oh, and It only happens when doing a "common" light attack. I can hear every strong strike.

By "common" I mean when I hit an enemy in the combo of attacks. If Geralt rolls and strikes, if it's the last strike or if he miss or hits a rock, that's hearable.

Edit: I have also noticed that when parrying a human with a shield, in the exact same moment he attacks, when Geralt kicks or bashes him with his shoulder, a metalic sound like sword collidng plays.

Last edited:
I started having this after 1.10 and for me it happens only against humans/bandits...very annoying and immersion breaking indeed.
Still having in 1.11...hell just happened to me today while fighting those bandits near the entrance of Kaer Trolde Harbor.

(PS4 Version)

Seems to happen on swords with specific status effects like burning or stagger. But not weapons with bleeding, poison, armor piercing, or straight up damage. Just an initial observation, I have not done any testing whatsoever. It's just I experienced the bug with the first swords I mentioned and not the others.

Oh I haven't tested that, but my swords do have stagger. Even when I restart the game (seems to make the sounds come back), there is no sound when a hit stuns the enemy.

Anyways, I want to clarify that I'm playing the PC version of the game, I'm not sure the subforum this thread is in

Seems to happen on swords with specific status effects like burning or stagger. But not weapons with bleeding, poison, armor piercing, or straight up damage. Just an initial observation, I have not done any testing whatsoever. It's just I experienced the bug with the first swords I mentioned and not the others.
It does sometimes affect weapons with bleeding - had the same problem while I was doing quest while being in Novigrad sewers. Reloading kinda sorted this issue, but sometimes it still does happen or it sounds like the game tries making my 2 speakers into surround. PC, GOG

Happening here with 1.11 (PC version, GoG). Can't believe that after so many patches and fixes a problem like this exists. CDPR should hire more testers.

Last edited:
I have the same issue, GOG Win 10 Realtek onboard sound (asrock Z77 Extreme4)

EDIT It may sound too obvious, but do make sure you have the newest drivers installed. the issue SEEMS fixed for me now after updating the realtek drivers (previously from july 2015 now sept. 2015)

Last edited:
Really? I would have thought that it was a "game" problem as some sounds are working, some are not, and those that are not sometimes do.

To be sincere, I never thought that could be it, but I'll try that.

Yup same problem here. PC version, i bought the game in gog with 1.11 patch. But is not a bug breakin like the one i have right now but sucks lol.

yea, i just posted this in my bug report about "Eye for an Eye" still being bugged.. No sword sounds on larger monsters, sometimes what should be a hit, doresnt land, and wraiths weapon attacks land twice as far as the weapon..

i should mention, this bug also affects visual animations like quen shield popping. not only does the sounds not play, the animation doesn't either.

hence it's really hard to tell when the shield was popped, and ends up just being a game of frustration.

Top Bottom