Card Ideas

+
Please not that kind of boring frost synergy back. It's just another kind of when X trigger Y, without any gameplaywise synergy between X and Y. It's ok if there a couple of cards like this, but basing a whole archetype around it, is a huge mistake they hopefully won't repeat when reworking all the factions.
If Wild Hunt should synergyze with Frost, there should be some real synergy. Either Wild Hunt dealing damage to the lowest unit and therefore Frost increasing their damage by destroying too low targets, or otherwise Wild Hunt being good at destroying 1 point target thus guaranteeing the Frost will hit for two (or both).

And the Hog seems to be completly broken. Bait Artifact removal at the start of round 3. Play Hog Hut on second last turn, play Yennefer of Vengerberg on last turn and boost her before in hand by Woodland Spirit. All other cards become 1 power units and thus you automatically win, if the enemy doesn't have 10 units more than you.

A destiny card (Witcher's one of the main idea):
Cannot be locked or somehow removed, cause it is a destiny. Lock and all clearing effects are just copying to the second unit. Links can be made as for ur two units, for opponent's two units, so for urs one and the opponent's one.
custom-card-010.png

And the Weavess, who should be linked to a Destiny too (by mythology at least):
custom-card-011.png

Some positive weather ideas (just the mirror analog of the destructive ones except an ale (buffs random)):
custom-card-012.pngcustom-card-013.pngcustom-card-014.pngcustom-card-015.png

Please not that kind of boring frost synergy back. It's just another kind of when X trigger Y, without any gameplaywise synergy between X and Y. It's ok if there a couple of cards like this, but basing a whole archetype around it, is a huge mistake they hopefully won't repeat when reworking all the factions.
I don't understand, why it is bad. Good realistic synergy. People will take anti-weather cards or a buffing weather cards, which must be made too or another weather cards to replace the frost by them. And u can use additional weather cards to cast a frost to ur side or to another. That will be a frost domination, like it must be for Wild Hunt.
]If Wild Hunt should synergyze with Frost, there should be some real synergy. Either Wild Hunt dealing damage to the lowest unit and therefore Frost increasing their damage by destroying too low targets, or otherwise Wild Hunt being good at destroying 1 point target thus guaranteeing the Frost will hit for two (or both).
This is made by WH Warriors - if they are in the frost, they hit lowest melee unit by 1. Yes, frost can increase damage too. There can be made corrections to card's effects. For example to hounds, who can make 2 damage to creatures in a frost instead of one.
And the Hog seems to be completly broken. Bait Artifact removal at the start of round 3. Play Hog Hut on second last turn, play Yennefer of Vengerberg on last turn and boost her before in hand by Woodland Spirit. All other cards become 1 power units and thus you automatically win, if the enemy doesn't have 10 units more than you.
Ok, that really may work. But it is almost everytime loose if Woodland have the last say. Second, this artifact can work even for handbuff, so the Yen will become a pig in the hand) And another way: all pigs transforming to a real creatures after round ends.
Post automatically merged:

Continuing the destiny theme (I know, that Genie in Witcher does not look like this, but u understand the idea):
custom-card-016.png

That will be a good mess)) Both players must unravel the tangle of all destiny links and make right choices. This card can be used as a defensive if u feel that u r losing. U may try to tangle enemy by too many links and make him mistake.

Last edited:
This is my Eredin Card that supports further development of Wild Hunt units. At Ace of plays' discord channel we discussed this and found it fair and reasonable. I hope you guys like this and tell me what you think about it.
Eredin2.jpg

Some foglets rework:
First of all, let us be realistic - fog cannot damage any unit. But fog gives concealment to all units inside. Concealment - is an effect of hiding like any other card game has. Hidden unit cannot be chosen as an aim. This effect must replace immunity, cause immunity in real means full immunity to damage, even for random. But it doesn't mean invisibility.
custom-card-021.pngcustom-card-020.pngcustom-card-017.pngcustom-card-018.pngcustom-card-019.png
Timer 1 means repeat an effect every 1 turn.

Also I wanna remake the Bitting Frost, cause damaging the weakest unit is not what a real frost does:
custom-card-022.png
Freezing means stopping all auto triggering and timer effects.

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic ideas guys. Great work!
Is there a discussion channel attached to this channel? I don't want to spam by expressing my opinions.

> feels the same -- I'm so tired of "damage an enemy" and "buff an ally" and "X body" and "destroy an enemy" in current Gwent... Hope new cards won't be all the 'same' (rn only diff's different number, faction or whatever)

> alchemy -- I just come to think that BETA gwent was more... witcher-like. Lots of Alchemy, mysterious mages and forces. Weird monsters. Weather in medieval was sure a powerful thing to consider all the time. Now everything is "buff" or "damage".
Really miss the very presence of Alchemy plays. (not that I know anything, only played 1 week).

> Sieze -- I personally dislike Sieze. It's ok if there are just a few cards per deck with that. But when you can use Vigo's Muzzle + Ardal, or Fringilla SY... It not only shuts down opponents engines but also deals lots of value but also gives you their engines. One time, ok, but MULTIPLE insta-sieze without further requirments - I dislike. Vattier for value swings is not annoying. Vigo's muzzle with Lock isn't THAT much either. The Monster Wild Hunt woman is ok (usage is demanding). Slave Hunter is the best Sieze design, in my opinion, as it's the least annoying for the opponent, and gives the most joy for the user.
Post automatically merged:

@Vedamir won't it be too OP?
Frost shuts down entire line of engines
Fog hides your all engines

btw. do I get it right that you could play Fog on your own row, as a boon for Foglets?

Last edited:
@Vedamir won't it be too OP?
Frost shuts down entire line of engines
Fog hides your all engines
Yes, it's looking OP, but all this tactics is breaking by antiweather or another weather (there also can be a positive weather like I already have suggested). And, if we remake all other factions by the same way, they'll have another strong OP mechanics. I'll just try to remake cards to be corresponding to the lore and be more flexible, automatic and sometimes nosafe (frost on your rows and fog on enemyes, hiding his creatures). Balance is the second thing, that must be done. Provisions, power of cards, timers - everything can be adjusted to be not too OP.
btw. do I get it right that you could play Fog on your own row, as a boon for Foglets?
Yes, Fog in my view is more positive weather, then negative. But it can be negative if u want to buff or make something else with ur own fogged units - u just cannot do it as an enemy cannot damage them by the direct strike (only by random). But u also can use fog on enemy's row to deny him buffing or using his units, if u think, that he will. Also u can use a frost on ur own row to freeze some dangerous units, sacrificing some hit points, but stopping them from autotriggering. It can be some enemy's bomb. So, this weather has a good flexibility and tactical usage.

Last edited:
> I like the synergy between Plague Maiden and Venomous Arachas, although it is a bit weird that a specter and an insectoid work together. :)

> Persival is a very unique design. Another gnome to the game? Yes, please.

> I also like the last card, Isengrim's Counsel, but maybe it should be another picture on it, since the card is about harmony and as far as I remember, Isengrim only cared about elves. Really cool ability, though.

> The weather cards are quite interesting. I'd really love weather in game to have more complex effects on board, rather than just "Damage by 1/2". I hereby come with another idea for Fog. What if Fog is applied on your row and your opponent's row for 2 turns and neither one of you can see what the other plays on that row for these 2 turns. I imagine a special effect on the whole row, a really thick fog effect. You can see there is a card there, but you cannot distinguish what it is exactly. How cool is that?
And then you check the History.

I don't like Trollolo, because he can be far too oppressive in particular with Duel. I'd rather see him damaging enemies by his boost and removing all boost from him. That can be a powerful tool, but it will be a lot easier to play around.

As far as I know, Henselt isn't limited to bronze cards. And Percival is neutral. Just imagine the only other gold card is Triss Butterflies or Francis Bedlam. You will get so much carry over that you can hardly loose anymore.
And even outside of that Dandelion: Poet should be pretty strong to combo him with.

The rest of the cards sounds good.

As far as I know, Henselt isn't limited to bronze cards. And Percival is neutral. Just imagine the only other gold card is Triss Butterflies or Francis Bedlam. You will get so much carry over that you can hardly loose anymore.
And even outside of that Dandelion: Poet should be pretty strong to combo him with.
Some golds are pretty strong, but you need to draw shuffled copies. Using golds with carryover, you should not let your opponent bleed you. And even if you succeed to go into round 3, the rest of your deck is still bronze cards.

And Percival is neutral. Just imagine the only other gold card is Triss Butterflies or Francis Bedlam.
I don't think Persival is OP. He even fattens your deck to 30 cards. What are the chances that you will actually draw 5 golds?Very slim, I'd say.

I really enjoy mechanics such as Flashback and Jump-start from Magic the Gathering, so I tried to make one similar for Gwent, more particularly one for Scoia'tael and Francesca, so here's a new keyword alongside few card examples.

Echo
You may choose to play this card, or to play another Echo card from your graveyard with a Provision Cost equal or lower to this one instead.

h&r.png

mirror 3.0.png

ripple.png

Top Bottom