Casual Mode Locked Out

+
I am currently at Rank 22 with a starter deck playing people with pro-rank avatars and 3000 wins on their profile. Not a good month to start a new profile. At least I know what I am in for a new player may not enjoy it at all. Bring back Casual mode for high prestige players please.

I am currently at Rank 22 with a starter deck playing people with pro-rank avatars and 3000 wins on their profile.

Pro-players have no business at rank 22 except for a few whom have been absent and dropped to the bottom. These are still exceptions, though. Most players at rank 22 are beginners. Furthermore, you actually have a greater risk of facing pro-players in casual than in ranked (at lower levels).

Pro-players have no business at rank 22 except for a few whom have been absent and dropped to the bottom. These are still exceptions, though. Most players at rank 22 are beginners. Furthermore, you actually have a greater risk of facing pro-players in casual than in ranked (at lower levels).

No doubt low rank balance will improve as the old casual players rank up. At the moment it is ~ 60/40 in terms of experienced to new players. I enjoy the challenge but others may get discouraged.
The change has made casual mode much more competitive from my experience, as everyone you play is now at least rank 7.

38 wins 5 losses done now and still not close to rank 7 and being allowed to play the game casually. Starting to lose all motivation to play when I'm forced to play only strong decks... Please fix this already. There has to be a better way to keep new players other than making old ones quit...
Post automatically merged:

You are wrong, plenty of people who have played on Pro ladder are forced to wreck noobs in low ranks now that casual has Been locked out and that's no fun to any one..
Post automatically merged:

Maybe you should continue climbing to get some good competition.
That's The issue.. I don't want to have to play good decks for a long Time to Be allowed to try out fun decks..

Last edited:
You are wrong, plenty of people who have played on Pro ladder are forced to wreck noobs in low ranks now that casual has Been locked out and that's no fun to any one..

Your argument is flawed. Pro players beating beginners has nothing to do with casual being locked out, like I have already explained. Those few pro players that are at the bottom need to climb regardless and they will steamroll everyone until pro-rank, either way. Not that it matters because they are in the vast minority; most players at low rank are beginners. Furthermore, in casual, you actually had a much higher chance of facing a more skillful players.

Your argument is flawed. Pro players beating beginners has nothing to do with casual being locked out, like I have already explained. Those few pro players that are at the bottom need to climb regardless and they will steamroll everyone until pro-rank, either way. Not that it matters because they are in the vast minority; most players at low rank are beginners. Furthermore, in casual, you actually had a much higher chance of facing a more skillful players.
Yes and on casual I was allowed to experiment without losing progress. And steamrolling noobs is quite boring. Now I and others like me are forced to play strong meta decks which I hate like many More do

I never understood the argument for locking casual. Casual was for people who wanted to see different decks and not grind ranked. Now if you want to play casual you have to grind ranked anyways just to avoid grinding ranked. It doesn't make any sense!

Even if player counts have plummeted lately and this creates shorter queue times by forcing everyone into the same pool... I still think it's a mistake to remove such a huge feature as a casual mode which is soooooo standard.

Yes and on casual I was allowed to experiment without losing progress. And steamrolling noobs is quite boring. Now I and others like me are forced to play strong meta decks which I hate like many More do

No one is forcing you to play meta decks. You can still play your own decks and even climb ranked. Besides, you cannot drop ranks, so there's basically no loss of progress. Also, if you do not care for ranks, you can just ignore them altogether.

I never understood the argument for locking casual. Casual was for people who wanted to see different decks and not grind ranked. Now if you want to play casual you have to grind ranked anyways just to avoid grinding ranked. It doesn't make any sense!

Once again, you will see a greater variety of decks in the lower ranks than you'll ever will in casual. Lower rank is the actual true casual. Casual is not casual at all and, yes, that's confusing, as I have explained. Besides, even before the lock out, casual had a lot of netdecks and, after the lock out, it has become even worse.

Ranked feels like it's competitive, while casual is just chilling around. Reality is different. Hence, there is no need to grind ranked to unlock casual. You can just stay in ranked and enjoy the game.

No one is forcing you to play meta decks. You can still play your own decks and even climb ranked. Besides, you cannot drop ranks, so there's basically no loss of progress. Also, if you do not care for ranks, you can just ignore them altogether.

Once again, you will see a greater variety of decks in the lower ranks than you'll ever will in casual. Lower rank is the actual true casual. Casual is not casual at all and, yes, that's confusing, as I have explained. Besides, even before the lock out, casual had a lot of netdecks and, after the lock out, it has become even worse.

Ranked feels like it's competitive, while casual is just chilling around. Reality is different. Hence, there is no need to grind ranked to unlock casual. You can just stay in ranked and enjoy the game.
You are wrong. Some of us Will play seriously in ladder always because there is ranking, games are tracked. So can not enjoy the game instead have to grind tens of games before being allowed to have fun. This lock of casual obviously should not apply to such people as myself who quit playing competitively at some point but still are good at The game.
And no I don't care about what decks I'm facing but playing on ranked I want to win so I'm forced to play tier 1-2 decks which I do not enjoy, If you do great for you doesn't mean others do as well

Casual mode was actually a good place for a new player to learn from more experienced players. You got to see combos and strategies that you could take back to ranked that you just would not have seen on the ladder. It really helped increase the learning curve.

Except that isn't what happened with most cases I don't think. Most people would of got smashed and then decided this game isn't for them. Locking people out of casual until rank 7 maybe wasn't the right response but I certainly believe casual did not encourage new players to stick around.

Except that isn't what happened with most cases I don't think. Most people would of got smashed and then decided this game isn't for them. Locking people out of casual until rank 7 maybe wasn't the right response but I certainly believe casual did not encourage new players to stick around.
I think a lot of it was just for easy wins. Maybe I'm remembering things through rose coloured glasses, but it seemed that casual in open beta was more friendly for casuals and new players since better rewards could be obtained from playing ranked. It made more sense to grind out your daily quests on ranked since it was working toward getting that good loot at the end of the season and keep casual for off-meta decks, fun and training. In post-HC Gwent, the extra incentive to do your daily quests with your competitive deck on ranked was removed entirely.

i don't thing so. without playing meta deck, reach rank 7 is miracle. even i don't care about rank or win lose, it still frustrated for keep play against meta deck, hardly win without bless from RNG GOD. seasonal mode are no different, meta deck everywhere. sometime, i just wondering this is GWENT: The Witcher Card Game or META DECK: The Witcher Card Game

Top Bottom