CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

+
CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

The developers of The Witcher franchise CD Projekt RED studio and the DRM-free, digital distribution platform GOG.com will host a Special Event on the 18th of October at 6:00 p.m. (GMT). The whole event will be streamed online onfacebook.com/thewitcherand www.gog.com. During the conference the developer studio will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen paper RPG Cyberpunk. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.
Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X. Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system. Thats not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price. Remember the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 6:00 p.m. (GMT). See you then!

I'm totally watching it!! But could you please tell us about the "Dark Fantasy RPG" you're working on? It is the The Witcher 3, right? Anyway, thanks. All of a sudden, you became my favorite developers :)

^ It's obviously TW3. Second game will be announced next year on Winter/Spring Conference.

Obviously the dark fantasy has to be The Witcher 3! This even confirms the news on Witcher 3 in development! Exciting, exciting indeed.
Thread: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32692-the-witcher-3-in-development/
Link: http://thenexusnews.com/the-witcher-3-in-development-and-more-on-the-release-date/853239/

But aside from all that, CDPR is THE ONLY developer company I truly trust - and thus far the only games I ever bought collector edition is the Witcher series, the games they make are worth 10 times their price. I mean have you seen the new witcher 2 price on steam? 39.99? I plan to gift a few copies to some of my friend. Its practically free!

Please, expand GOG.com to Linux, not only to Mac!

It won't require any additional efforts, since running Windows/DOS games on Linux is achieved by using Wine/Dosbox, which are the same on both OSes (and moreover, Wine originated on Linux). And indie titles that have Mac suuport usually support Linux as well.

And most importantly, why not bring The Witcher to Linux?

There is obviously a high demand for games on Linux, and people are willing to pay, judging from the Humble Bundle results and the fact that almost all Kickstarter projects ended up supporting Linux.

MM360 said:
During the conference the developer studio will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk®. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.</p>

Cyberpunk® game wont be called "Cyberpunk" after all? Or will it just be subtitle example; "Cyberpunk: Rebellion Of The Innocent" just like TW2 had "Assassins Of Kings"?

Sounds good. Dear GOG, please expand not only to Mac OSX but to Linux too. Lot's of users are waiting for it for a long time already.

And for Linux users - don't hesitate to vote for that GOG feature to show them your interest: http://gog.com/en/wishlist/site/add_linux_versions_of_games (it's already 4th the most voted ever feature request in the GOG wishlist).

And the Witcher 3 on Linux should be added to the global CDPR wish list as well ;)

More guessing , probably just a official Cyberpunk announcement , maybe there will be more Linux ports for GOG games, maybe for the Witcher, a logical step since they are supporting Indie projects also, but what is on the 11th ?

Awesome! Will be checking the event for sure. I hope besides The Witcher 3, that there also will be some good news for X360 owners. (updates with the REDkit, or some other goodies.) But bring it on > teaser/announcement of TW3. =)

GibbGeralt said:
Ha, i thought Cyberpunk was going to be called Cyberpunk.

(GT)

Cyberpunk is the best name! Others create Cyberpunk style game.
Game: Name X Genre: Cyberpunk.

CDPR game is a genre in itself! Cyberpunk and that's it!

What is this game?
Cyberpunk!
But what's the title?
Cyberpunk!

nocny said:
(GT)

Cyberpunk is the best name! Others create Cyberpunk style game.
Game: Name X Genre: Cyberpunk.

CDPR game is a genre in itself! Cyberpunk and that's it!

What is this game?
Cyberpunk!
But what's the title?
Cyberpunk!

1#: Hey, you know cyberpunk?
2#: Sure man.
1#: You played it?
2#: Played it? It's a genre, how can you play it?
1#: No, it's a computergame!
2#: Never heard of it!

No offense, but cyberpunk is a pretty stupid name, because it ahs absolutely no recognition value!

I think you’ll find that the term “Cyberpunk” is far less known than you think. At least among the age groups that would buy the video game in question.

DonSwingKing said:
1#: Hey, you know cyberpunk?
2#: Sure man.
1#: You played it?
2#: Played it? It's a genre, how can you play it?
1#: No, it's a computergame!
2#: Never heard of it!

No offense, but cyberpunk is a pretty stupid name, because it ahs absolutely no recognition value!

And I ask why not? where it is writen that a generic name cannot be used for a single game? Stupid is not dare to do something new.

I really hope they are just talking about subtitle to Cyberpunk® game.

But lets dont forget they will reveal new details about the game!

The 18th? Darn it, I'm leaving to boot camp by the 17th and I'll miss it
... Is there any way to record the stream? Or at least that someone will post a summary of the stream here in the forums?

Top Bottom