CDPR has no plans to fix NG+ level bug

+
CDPR has no plans to fix NG+ level bug

Just wrote to CDPR directly about NG+ level bug saying the following:

"First, great game - love it so much! Second, the issue: after completing the vanilla game and the two expansions, I am level 54 (no cheats/bugs/exploits - just a thorough/completion-ist first run). On your tech support forum, one of your staff has admitted that getting to at least level 53 is possible without cheats. Upon starting NG+ all enemy, quest, gear level requirements/suggestions are added to my current level, which means that end-game quests and found gear will be over 100 (because a lot of found gear when someone is at level X often requires X+ 5 or so, so that gear is unusable). Just to give two examples, The Tufo Monster quest is level 48 and The Perks of Being a Jailbird is level 49 in NG, so a level 53 Geralt would have these quests as requiring levels 101 and 102 respectively in NG+ - not to mention several gear requirements that would be above 100 and therefore unusable by players who did not use exploits to get to the low-to-mid 50s level-wise in their NG. There are a lot of players on your forum and others (e.g., Gamefaqs) reporting that they did not use bugs but are having this very problem. Can you tell me if a fix is coming for this (e.g., cap everything, including quests, enemies, gear at 100; remove 100 level cap; go back to old scaling where NG enemy/quest/gear levels were simply boosted by 30 or whatever across the board)? Or is there at least a planned fix coming? Thanks - and again, love your games!!"

The response:

"Hello,

The issue you are having is bound to the fact the NG+ wasn't started at correct level.

I'm afraid we have no plans to fix it. Finishing all tasks, quests etc, you should reach around level 50-53 max. The level 100 is a cap level for Ng+ feature."

I replied since the response, although prompt, was problematic to say the least:

"I appreciate your quick answer, but how even at level 53 (which you say is allowable) the problem still exists.

As I wrote below in my original submission, just to give two examples, The Tufo Monster quest is level 48 and The Perks of Being a Jailbird is level 49 in NG, so a level 53 Geralt would have these quests as requiring levels 101 and 102 respectively in NG+ - not to mention several found gear requirements that would be above 100 (since found gear can often be a few levels above your current one) and therefore unusable by players who did not use exploits.

So since the problem exists even when starting NG+ with a correct level (e.g., 53), why won't there be a fix?"

I have to say I am surprised that (a) there is a such a precise cut-off for correct levels to start NG+ (e.g., why can't 54 be correct if obtained without exploits?), (b) even if you start NG+ at a correct level (53) the bug will happen, but (c) there is no plan to do anything about this.

This is troubling indeed. I was all pumped up to play NG+, but I'm currently lvl 53... Not to mention their response which seems very odd

The problem is, that the scaling bug can appear on lower levels as well. I started a NG+ with a blow 40 character and got level scaling bugs as well.

The problem is, that the scaling bug can appear on lower levels as well. I started a NG+ with a blow 40 character and got level scaling bugs as well.

The level scaling bugs (such as random enemies getting scaled incorrectly to level 1 or level ??) are a different issue. Perhaps the level cap at 100 can be increased with mods, although that would not be of much help on consoles.

Last edited:
Final update - the response from CDPR:

"[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hello,

I spoke with the dev team about that and level 53 is top what you can get after finishing all the content with Blood and Wine included. [/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]There is simply no more experience in the game that could bring you up higher. If you finish the game at level 53, the quests from Blood and Wine are for level 34 (the level from the base game) so that is giving you 87lvl. [/FONT]

But just like I wrote in my previous message, we are not planning to change the mechanic to overscalling in Ng+."

Lovely, just lovely.

That does not sound right, although it may depend on the difficulty (does Death March give less XP ?). I have a save from the epilogue of Blood and Wine just before the final conversation with Regis, and it is already at level 52, although not on the highest difficulty. However, I also played all of Hearts of Stone over-leveled, so a huge amount of XP was wasted there, and there are still question marks on the map. From that, I think around level 55 should be possible without cheats with the optimal order of playing the quests.

The level scaling bugs (such as random enemies getting scaled incorrectly to level 1 or level ??) are a different issue. Perhaps the level cap at 100 can be increased with mods, although that would not be of much help on consoles.

That isn't what I mean. In my game items and quests also scale up. Not that far, but the basic problems seems to be the same.

Please keep in mind that under the Forum Rules & Regulations

any conduct prohibited under applicable law is also prohibited on the site forums.cdprojektred.com. This includes in particular:
- disclosing private correspondence without the author’s consent

Please don't post the actual content of emails unless you have consent to do so. Talking about what you were told is fine, but don't post the actual messages unless you have consent. Carry on.

before 1.21 when you played NG + did not matter if you started at 40 or 50 always the start ghouls were level 35. with 1.21 is broken the game, level 53 is all a lie and an excuse for doing nothing. what to do is block all level 100. greetings.

Please keep in mind that under the Forum Rules & Regulations

Please don't post the actual content of emails unless you have consent to do so. Talking about what you were told is fine, but don't post the actual messages unless you have consent. Carry on.

Sorry about that. My bad. Won't happen again. I thought excluding the sender's name was sufficient, but I won't quote either.

I don't necessarily believe this is the last word on the issue unless announced officially. It certainly not consistent with what CDPR has posted in the Tech Support forum.

Finishing all tasks, quests etc, you should reach around level 50-53 max

I hit lvl 54 at the end of B&W and played normal....:youdontsay:...No mods, No exploits used.
Being for example lvl 50 when you completed everything in the Main Game+HoS+B&W is impossible....This can only happen if you skip some quests or avoid fighting monsters....Well that's not really the way it should be played....

Last edited:
Top Bottom