Chris Priestly got hired by CDPR, when did that happen?

+
Chris Priestly got hired by CDPR, when did that happen?

Just heard that the dude who got fired from Bioware over sexual harassment got hired by CDPR, after having spent a year in the wilderness. I can't say I'm happy to see him as the Community Manager at CDP.
Chris Priestly clarifies things over here.

Last edited:
It's easy to throw stones when you don't know what happend.There was no sexual harassment involved @Scheuk .

Chris has always been a nice guy and I'm very happy that he managed to score a job a CDPR.After what he and his colleagues had to go throw eveytime they logged on to BSN his new job will be a (much deserved) breath of fresh air!

Eh all I know about the guy is hearsay, never met him myself, and whatever the truth everyone deserves a fresh start... don't they?

Jupiter_on_Mars

Just heard that the dude who got fired from Bioware over sexual harassment got hired by CDPR, after having spent a year in the wilderness. I can't say I'm happy to see him as the Community Manager at CDP.

View attachment 6777

I am not going to comment on Chris Priestly's resumé. I will say though that everyone is allowed to screw up once in a while and therefore entitled to a second chance.

In my opinion, it's a mistake to focus on individuals anyway. Well-meaning individuals come and go. If we were ever to become dependant on the ebb and flow of the manager's good intentions in order to have a healthy democratic environment around here, it would be the first resolute step in the demise of this community. What we need instead are fair, sound regulations, accountable supervision and the ability for forum members to have a say, not on specific disciplinary actions, but on the general workings of the forum. As Sam Harris puts it, we need to be able to criticize bad ideas. Ideas that place themselves above and beyond scrutiny are like bayonets, they belong in the museum, not real life.

Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
We've known this for a while now. The only evidence that I know of so far is a tweet from Chris himself. I believe in second chances but I won't deny that I'm worried about silencing the more critical voices amongst us, it's what happened over at BSN.

Jupiter_on_Mars

(...) I won't deny that I'm worried about silencing the more critical voices amongst us, it's what happened over at BSN.

That is a valid concern, in my opinion, especially given recent events.

Forum democracy is the most precious, most precarious value, the one worth standing up for and occasionally taking a bullet over. It'd be such a shame and ultimately to CD Projekt's detriment if this forum were to be transformed into an endless ass licking parade.

Last edited:
sooowww.... what happened with Chris Priestly? I know him from the Bioware forums, didn't know he left/was fired. I Googled his name but couldn't find any reason why he left. What I did find was that there are only article's saying he is leaving, and they give no reason.

And any proof of him joining the Red team?

@Marcin Momot
Awesome,thank you for letting us know Marcin!

I'm worried about silencing the more critical voices amongst us, it's what happened over at BSN.
A lot of things happend then and the community itself shares alot of the blame.In any case this is a totally different ballpark and you can be pretty sure that won't happen here.

The past is the past.Let's judge Chris by what he's going to do here instead of dwelling on it.

Jupiter_on_Mars

@jackalj
This happend....

In what parallel universe does that tweet amount to sexual harassment?
That is so blatantly tongue in cheek. Moreover, who in his right mind would escalate sexualy over Twitter?!

Actually Chris is visiting us in the office the during the next 2 weeks so I'll try to get him up to speed on everything that's been going on in the community. I think it's best if he introduces himself and if you guys have any questions for him - just fire away:)
@TheEvilChris ?:)

Will have, many.
Tell him to prepare as though for a Congressional hearing.
«Mr. Priestly, where do you stand on high heels for combat?».

Seriously, I will screen the man to death for undemocratic principles and I swear I will give him long-winded Hell if he has any. :teeth:

Does this mean you will be leaving us Marcin?
Oh Marcin, don't go Marcin. Can't say I'll miss your gangsta style and your tacky Madonna tubes:lol:
That's the other thing I've noticed, that shabby music taste is a requirement for any sort of responsibility around here.

So I'm expecting Genesis and Supertramp from Chris, no less.

Last edited:
@Sagitarii @Jupiter on Mars
Then we all agree.It's the most absurd thing I've seen happen on twitter.If that is sexual harassment then anything that comes out of Jesse Cox's mouth is outright rape.

Sidenote:Never been a fan of Felicia Day.Too stuck up for my taste.

The past is the past. Let's judge Chris by what he's going to do here instead of dwelling on it.

Quoted for Truth. This should be everyones attitude, lifes too short for squabbles, especially ones arising from forum debates, even gaming forums where emotions tend to run hot.

Welcome Chris, this is one of the better corners of the internet, try not to ruin it with your evilness ! ;)

(are you evilchris like Pringles are evil crisps? Diabolical Uniformity with every bite !)

Does this mean you will be leaving us Marcin?
Oh Marcin, don't go Marcin. Can't say I'll miss your gangsta style and your tacky Madonna tubes:lol:

Oh no. Not at all - I'm not going anywhere:) I wouldn't leave you guys for anything - I love you all:)

It just means that our community team is getting stronger, and rightfully so since the release of the game is approaching and we will obviously do more community oriented stuff:)

Thanks Marcin.

I was hoping to announce I'm part of the Witcher team rather than responding, but this seems like a great time to introduce myself and clear a few things up.

I can't enlarge the screenshot Scheuk included, so I'm not sure what I say in it. I can and will say that I was not fired from BioWare. I was laid off at BioWare due to the change in the Dragon Age: Inquisition release date. It wasn't anything other than a money/headcount thing. I still have great friends at BioWare and visit the studio when time permits ( if you follow me on Twitter @TheEvilChris you'd know I was winning a poker game there this past weekend).

I will also say that I was not fired for sexual harassment. Yes, I made the quoted tweet. The context behind it is that I sort of know Felicia Day (in that I have met with her when she did Tannis for Dragon Age, helped her at a few conventions, etc. We are not friends and I do not claim we are. I doubt she knows I exist) and made a joke. It was absolutely one of the stupidest things I have done in my career. It wasn't funny. It was sexist and I later apologized via Twitter to Felicia and anyone else I offended. However, even though it was dumb and sexist, I wasn't fired for it. (See preceding statement).

I am super thrilled to be a part of the CD Projekt Community team. I've been brought on as the North American Community Manager to help the studio communicate with it's fans in North America. Marcin still leads the team and I work with him, I focus on helping with timing in North America as well as events, forums, Facebook, etc. I will be on these forums more in the future. As Marcin mentioned, I am visiting the studio here in Warsaw this week and next, meeting the team, learning the secrets, etc. No, I do not plan on banning people here. However, I never banned anyone at BioWare that didn't break the rules and, even then, only as a last ditch option. If you ever visited the BioWare forums, you know there are plenty of critics there. You don't get banned for being critical. And that will absolutely not happen here.

I haven't been saying much yet (I started with CDPR October 1) as I am still learning the ropes here. I wouldn't want to go blabbing all the secrets or telling you all false things about Wild Hunt. I will get more involved and I want to be talking with you more in the near future. =)

Oh no. Not at all - I'm not going anywhere:) I wouldn't leave you guys for anything - I love you all:)
Awwwwww we love you too Marcin!I was just about to ask if you guys hired Chris because you got tired of our shenanigans.Glad to see that isn't the case :)
The community wouldn't be the same without you.

[Sub]...and if you left Marmot and Gnome jokes would be as funny anymore[/sub]
@TheEvilChris
Congratulations Chris!Glad to see you in our neck of the woods ;) I know you're going to do a stellar job and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums with us!

Last edited:
Top Bottom