Death of important characters (Spoilers)

+

• Total voters

So, it all was started after death of Foltest. There is no turning back. And Wild Hunt were clearly stated, that Geralt can't walk away without loses...
If CDPR will go bananas as Andrzej Sapkowski in his last book, then who do you think will be their target?

I think Dandelion is a perfect candidate!

Last edited:
If Ithlinne's prophecy is true, Ciri won't die before she has had a child.
I really hope the REDs believe in Ithlinne's prophecy.

Hmm... I say Vesemir. The mentor usually dies.

Last edited:
In my opinion the safest character is Geralt and Ciri is pretty much the opposite. If she ends up dead i wouldn't be surprised. But then again most of the time we have choice if we want to: kill, spare, leave and save characters.

I'm pretty sure TW3 will handle this the same, i'm not against scripted deaths either.

Last edited:
CDPR said that in Witcher 3 Dandelion has the same role as he had in the Witcher 2, which is narrating the story. If he dies then he wouldn't be able to narrate the story, so I think Dandelion will live.

One of the sorceresses definitely. Dandelion can´t since he is usually the one who gets saved by Geralt all of the time and he is also narrator so he is basically immortal. He might not be directly narrator of the Witcher 3 but he is that kind of guy who never dies, he keeps living so he can tell the tale(might loose some body part for troublemaking but that is probably all).. Some of the buddies like Iorweth/Roche/Sigfried/TW3 buddies and so on based on your decision. One or more of the witcher buddies based on your decisions. And I believe that as always there will be some ultimate way how to avoid death of the most main characters which will be almost impossible to archieve by first playthrought..

I think Dandelion is a perfect candidate!

NO!

Why always kill the innocent. Dandelion is a simple bard not some Master Spy.

NAY I SAY!

I don't want anyone to die, but the story is less interesting if nobody does die.

So I would say CDPR might do something similar to Sapkowski's books. Kill some of the people that travel with Geralt. Some of the witchers might die. Like Letho for example. Or even good old Vesemir. Eskel would be too much for me. :p

Also some of the "secondary characters" like Roche or Iorveth or someone like them.

But not main characters. Not Yennefer, not Ciri, not Dandelion. Not even Triss. :D

I think it feels kind of weird, for CDPR to kill off Sapkowski's characters. Like if Yennefer dies, then what? I'd say they should have deaths in the game, but either kill characters that they create, or "minor characters" that Sapkowski has created in the books.

@BirdTheBard

Would you be so kind to turn this into a multiple choice poll? It's kind of hard to choose just one. :D

Last edited:
CDPR said that in Witcher 3 Dandelion has the same role as he had in the Witcher 2, which is narrating the story. If he dies then he wouldn't be able to narrate the story, so I think Dandelion will live.

NO!

Why always kill the innocent. Dandelion is a simple bard not some Master Spy.

NAY I SAY!

Well, ok then... :rly?:

@StaGiors I don't know how to do that. I can't find poll options in editing mode.

Last edited:
In my opinion the safest character is Geralt and Ciri is pretty much the opposite. If she ends up dead i wouldn't be surprised.

Why do you think so ?
I highly doubt that they will kill Ciri off. No one wants to kill her - they all want her alive.

Be interesting if Ciri offed herself, as an ultimate act of free will against the tyranny of destiny. But personally I think tragedy lies ahead for Triss, there has always been something pathetic and vulnerable about her pursuit of Geralt to me.

I highly doubt so.
I mean: for us, it'd be possible but.... CDPR is full of Triss fans.

They have Triss in every game, there is always at least one Triss cosplayer on every convention they go to.

And I remember a Witcher 1 interview in which Konrad stated that there are a lot of Triss fans working at CDPR,
which most likely was the reason for Triss making an appearance in the Witcher 1 and probably influenced
her getting a main romance arc in the Witcher 2.

There is no way in hell Triss will die. No way.

Kinley disagrees whole-heartedly. ;)
If they don't, I could see him making a mod to do so. :p

Kinley disagrees with everything, even crossbows. :p

Last edited:
About Dandelion again...
I remember a dialog between Dandy and Geralt, in which Dandy said, that fortuneteller foretold his death. But I don't remember from what.
I will search for it now.

Why do you think so ?
I highly doubt that they will kill Ciri off. No one wants to kill her - they all want her alive.
All of them? They might change their minds after they figure out what Wild Hunt plans to do with her, it will certainly give them reason to kill her ASAP.

Aside from Geralt, Yenn and her close friends no one wants to protect her (maybe Emhyr) and that's why i think she could end up dead.

Last edited:
All of them? They might change their mind after they figure out what Wild Hunt plans to do with her, it will certainly give them reason to kill her ASAP.

Hm, that is a good point.

Then again, why destroy such power if you can use it to your own advantage ?
I got the impression that is what everyone in the Witcher cares about: their own advantage~

And I also doubt that Dandelion dies. He's the comic relief.
If he dies, then it has to be a stupid death. Squished underneath a fat woman at a brothel for example.

Last edited:
I highly doubt so.
I mean: for us, it'd be possible but.... CDPR is full of Triss fans.

They have Triss in every game, there is always at least one Triss cosplayer on every convention they go to.

And I remember a Witcher 1 interview in which Konrad stated that there are a lot of Triss fans working at CDPR,
which most likely was the reason for Triss making an appearance in the Witcher 1 and probably influenced
her getting a main romance arc in the Witcher 2.

There is no way in hell Triss will die. No way.

Sounds like a good reason to me for her to have an impactful death, lot of Eddard Stark fans, and so his death was all the more powerful. Foltest kicking the bucket left me gobsmacked so i'll put nowt beyond em.

Top Bottom