Discussing the “Questions from the Community” thread

+
2. How the leak will impact the plot of the «The Witcher 3». Will you change the plot or endings?

Yes. Here's the new ending:

In the end, a strange entity that looks just like Alvin will appear out of nowhere and declare that the Wild Hunt was just his way of trying to preserve life in the multiverse. This won't make any damn sense. No explanation will be offered, nor will Geralt be able to point out how stupid this is. Oh, also, right before this happens Ciri dies for cheap drama in a stupid confrontation with Eredin. Anyway, you then get to choose between three different deaths for Geralt. None of these will make any damn sense either. Then there's some bullshit with your friends and a crappy epilogue voiced by some famous fantasy author who's really good at writing but can't act for shit.

:hai:

@Kinley

So.... turns out they won't let me into the Gamescom Business area because I'm not a game journalist.

Thumbs up for willpower.

Yes. Here's the new ending:

In the end, a strange entity that looks just like Alvin will appear out of nowhere and declare that the Wild Hunt was just his way of trying to preserve life in the multiverse. This won't make any damn sense. No explanation will be offered, nor will Geralt be able to point out how stupid this is. Oh, also, right before this happens Ciri dies for cheap drama in a stupid confrontation with Eredin. Anyway, you then get to choose between three different deaths for Geralt. None of these will make any damn sense either. Then there's some bullshit with your friends and a crappy epilogue voiced by some famous fantasy author who's really good at writing but can't act for shit.

:hai:

I hope that the devs won't change anything in "The Witcher 3". Such changes of plot and endings can spoil the game.
Buy the way, may be we'll see Alvin as a rider of the Wild Hunt. =)

hay i was reading the second week question spreadsheet and thought that a question of mine might need a bit more of an explanation.

1. Will pc players be able to change the player camera distance themselves in the game similar to what could be done in the first witcher game?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so the witcher 1 was an unusual game in that it could be played as both a classical point and click RPG or a more modern third person RPG controll scheem. at any time in the first witcher game you could switch between these playstyles. you could change the camera at any time from the sholder view to one of two overhead views ,that where intednded for point and click controll, but could also be used with the alterernative controlls that where intended for the sholder camera.

now so far in the witcher wild hunt, we have seen a dynamic camera. it changes distance and position depending on the situation. when exploring it takes a position reminiscent of the witcher two's camera. in combat on the other hand it will either be quite distant to let the player see all enemies around him/her or it will be closer to the combat if fighting fewer enemies. in buildings the camera changes as well to a shoulder view. and finally there is a camera view for geralt's witcher senses also over the shoulder however positioned differently to the indoor one.

what my question asks is weather all those camera positions or at least some of them can be alternated by the player themselves. so that we can decide like in the witcher 1 how we want an element of the game to work when we are experiencing this incredible open world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list is public. No one stops them from answering more of the questions later, unless it's something they aren't allowed to talk about.

Exactly, doc is public and REDs are aware of it. So if we think they didn't answer enough questions, we can nudge them afterwards for more. :p

Kinley could you please drop those links where we can see which questions were picked up and how many likes/redpoints they got? :) I can't find it.

Kinley could you please drop those links where we can see which questions were picked up and how many likes/redpoints they got? :) I can't find it.
Here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aRKGjqRC5nqoOuFN_xy28jrlf8LqJrCRc8018dZSGDM/edit?usp=sharing

At the moment it's all the questions from the other thread sorted from most REDpoints to least. Don't know if I should pull questions out of the doc or just go with the whole thing and go down the list until I run out of time.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aRKGjqRC5nqoOuFN_xy28jrlf8LqJrCRc8018dZSGDM/edit?usp=sharing

At the moment it's all the questions from the other thread sorted from most REDpoints to least. Don't know if I should pull questions out of the doc or just go with the whole thing and go down the list until I run out of time.

Kinley, how are you doing?

You're not going to be too strict about it are you? I mean given our friendship, our mutual respect and admiration, the millenary cultural heritage connecting our two great nations, I'm sure no one will get offended if you cut in my questions ahead of some silly queries people have inadvertedly upvoted.

Seriously, you're not just going to throw questions one after the other in rapid fire are you? Devs might respond with something interesting and unexpected and for the sake of the community it might actually be better to ask a follow-up question that's not on that list. It wouldn't' make much sense to just read through anyway. The list public.

My opinion, of course. It's your interview, you do as you see fit.

Anyway, can I interest you in some «Pasteis de Nata»? I was going to mail a pack to José Teixeira, but @Marcin Momot seems to be boycotting my gesture of good will.

Guess he didn't take kindly to that jab at Madonna.

Last edited:
@Kinley: Are you still going to finalize the count, and when exactly will you conduct the interview?

Yeah, I'll start finalizing the list this weekend. As for the interviews, they'll be held on August 15th (Friday) at 11:45 CEST. I'll start edting and writing up transcripts on Saturday and hopefully (if Premiere or Youtube don't screw up) the thread should be up late night the same day.

Kinley, how are you doing?

I'm fine, thank you!

Seriously, you're not just going to throw questions one after the other in rapid fire are you? Devs might respond with something interesting and unexpected and for the sake of the community it might actually be better to ask a follow-up question that's not on that list. It wouldn't' make much sense to just read through anyway. The list public.

Of course, I'm not there just to ask questions like some sort of robot. That's what I'll try to do this weekend, sort the questions so they follow one another in a logical way while also making them fit a common theme (Gameplay, Quests, etc.). And indeed, if a dev vaguely mentions something I deem as new, I'll try to pry more out of them with a follow-up. :)

My opinion, of course. It's your interview, you do as you see fit.

And I welcome it dearly, this is a community driven project after all.

Anyway, can I interest you in some «Pasteis de Nata»? I was going to mail a pack to José Teixeira, but @Marcin Momot seems to be boycotting my gesture of good will.

Guess he didn't take kindly to that jab at Madonna.

Pasteis de Nata are always welcome. And just send Marcin a Madonna shaped Pao de Lo, he'll forgive you.

Just make sure you get very in-depth if when, inevitably, you get to the question about stealing. It's such a brilliant question. Genius.

Hey Kinley I was wondering when is the "final day" for voting in the thread?

Just make sure you get very in-depth if when, inevitably, you get to the question about stealing. It's such a brilliant question. Genius.

Alright I'll give you a pity redpoint :troll:

Here you go.

Choose some questions you care about and then proceed with the list. I would do it this way.

EDIT: Also I would avoid question where you can expect unclear or dodgy answer. It usually turns out into wasted time. On the other hand "yes" or "no" questions will give us way more information and way faster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom