[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+

I find it rather amusing that the the pink cloth icon doesn't appear to have changed since the second game.

So alghouls are back from TW1.. they are looking quite different now :)
In TW1 and in TW3

Attachments

• Bestiary_Alghoul.png
    Bestiary_Alghoul.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 62
  • abghoul.jpg
    abghoul.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 67
So alghouls are back from TW1.. they are looking quite different now :)
In TW1 and in TW3

I was actually thinking that while watching the video. I personally preferred the ghouls/alghouls on two legs, tbh. I think they look too devolved now, and look a bit like more 'mere beasts'. They looked a lot creepier, and inique in the first one, on two legs. feasting on flesh, as they so love to do lol.

These are just my own impresstions, ofc.

---------- Updated at 02:35 AM ----------

I got major TW1 throwback nostalgia from this particular shot in the Russian review video. Ahhh sweet memooorieesss.

Must be his stance, and the camera angle, plus the location ofc, playing a part in it. I just went O.O lol.

(in spoiler for our bandwidth sensitive peeps)

Last edited:
I was actually thinking that while watching the video. I personally preferred the ghouls/alghouls on two legs, tbh. I think they look too devolved now, and look a bit like more 'mere beasts'. They looked a lot creepier, and inique in the first one, on two legs. feasting on flesh, as they so love to do lol.

These are just my own impresstions, ofc.

---------- Updated at 02:35 AM ----------

I got major TW1 throwback nostalgia from this particular shot in the Russian review video. Ahhh sweet memooorieesss.

Must be his stance, and the camera angle, plus the location ofc, playing a part in it. I just went O.O lol.

(in spoiler for our bandwidth sensitive peeps)

Maybe they changed them because they have now far more monsters that are on two feets - like different types of giants, element type monsters, rotfiends, trolls, drowners, foglets, etc. than in TW3, and so maybe they wanted or needed more monsters on all feets

@misho8723 Could be. At any rate, hopefully not a big deal. Just some personal preferences, is all. I had hoped they'd keep some of the old monsters' identities from TW1. What made them stand out and be unique, etc. Dunno.
--------

Any of you see a resemblance here, btw ;p

When Geralt wakes up after defeating a certain somebody(s).

nom nom, these juicy throwbacks are nice.

Last edited:
I'm on a disability leave for couple of months so I've read a LOT of that forum. That gritty vs disneyland, downgrades, candyland, shitty weather, unnatural weather, winds and so on. That got me into the mood to make a little reunion with other sailors and musicians - long weekend here seemed as a good opportunity. So we've played the hell out of our guitars, drank a loooooot of vodka and watched many W3 videos and art and everyone had a moment "man! man! look at that! It looks like a church tower at Okartowo!" "i could swear it looks like a place when lats time i was sailing and we've had...." "hey! It looks a lot my my hometown!" and so on... That got us to do a little bit of searching on YT [before we waren't actually able to write a lot without a team effort] and ended up in competition for a video that reflects most of w3 "feeling". It's not a blog so cutting that story short - we've came up with couple of videos that i think are giving a glimpse into an artistic direction of W3.

[video=youtube;qsHB-VmpZMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsHB-VmpZMc[/video]

CDPR became a dev with multinational staff and it's just as logical as it is intelligent course of action, since each of us gives something exlusive and personal due to our cultural differences and it adds up for smth more than just sum of it's parts, that W3 really looks like it's going to be. But Since obviously ppl from abroad that we've sailed with couldn't came for a casual dringing/nostalgia weekend we're a bit limited and biased in our choice of videos.

If anyone's interested i'll dig a bit more for more vid's chosen at that drunk competition. )

I am still astounded by the level of details CDPR have put into the faces of some of the NPCs. Just look at this old woman - the skin and the wrinkles in it, the gray hair and omg those old blood-soaked eyes. It have for sure been hard work to create such detailed and believable faces but they add so much to the level of immersion. One million :like: up for this effort!

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 59
The level of detail really is great. It would have qualified for a linear, short game. When you remember that this is one side character out of countless, it's all the more impressive.

I'm especially happy about the graphical improvements not just for their own sake, but for what they can contribute to the story telling. Games in general and RPGs in particular for most of their life couldn't catch nuances in expressions, so I think that in turn dialogue suffered a bit because it had to be more explicit, maybe less natural. But a convincing glare or a roll of the eyes can be more effective than a character saying he's angry or disdainful.

When Gran turned from Johnny to Geralt, she really looked flustered. And I still remember the Temerian's lips trembling. These things are splendid for a story focused game. The main question now is how many of these animations in dialogues are indeed hand crafted. I'm pretty sure there'll be repetition since it's an RPG and there is a ton of conversations. To be honest I never expected this level of detail for this genre anyway, so CDPR can't disappoint me in this regard. I kinda accepted that all conversations look the same, but they're looking to change that.

The level of detail really is great. It would have qualified for a linear, short game. When you remember that this is one side character out of countless, it's all the more impressive.

I'm especially happy about the graphical improvements not just for their own sake, but for what they can contribute to the story telling. Games in general and RPGs in particular for most of their life couldn't catch nuances in expressions, so I think that in turn dialogue suffered a bit because it had to be more explicit, maybe less natural. But a convincing glare or a roll of the eyes can be more effective than a character saying he's angry or disdainful.

When Gran turned from Johnny to Geralt, she really looked flustered. And I still remember the Temerian's lips trembling. These things are splendid for a story focused game. The main question now is how many of these animations in dialogues are indeed hand crafted. I'm pretty sure there'll be repetition since it's an RPG and there is a ton of conversations. To be honest I never expected this level of detail for this genre anyway, so CDPR can't disappoint me in this regard. I kinda accepted that all conversations look the same, but they're looking to change that.

I agree wholeheartedly with your points. It just add so much to the game on so many levels and espeically as you say it makes conversion feel and flow more naturally as many things are now expressed through the mimic of the faces instead of forced through the conversation alone.

Also for me this will make the many difficult choices you for sure will have to take in the game even harder because now with these details the NPCs will feel so much more real. For me personally it will add a whole new layer to the choices as I will see and feel the consequences all the more in those details faces - the glare of fear, anger, sadness, frustration and so on. Damm it will be hard to eg sending someone to the hangman when he have just begged for his life and you have to look into those eyes and watch his/her fear of death break to the surface.

I think for the first time in a RPG I will be "forced" to abandon many quests. And I don't see that as a bad thing :)

I am still astounded by the level of details CDPR have put into the faces of some of the NPCs. Just look at this old woman - the skin and the wrinkles in it, the gray hair and omg those old blood-soaked eyes. It have for sure been hard work to create such detailed and believable faces but they add so much to the level of immersion. One million :like: up for this effort!

they did a really good job, especially that CD created many different faces and characters so that there wont be so much clone characters like in other games

Top Bottom