Djikstra's treasure - it's possible to recover it?

+
Djikstra's treasure - it's possible to recover it?

I'm playing through to finish the main quest for the third time now, and i'm right in "Count Reuven's Treasure" quest , anyone knows if it is possible to recover Djikstra's treasure and give it back to him , to persuade him to accept help in the fight against the Wild Hunt in Kaer Morhen later in the game?

if it's possible, how do i have to proceed in my meet with Menge to fully recover the treasure?

You can't recover the treasure in game, but you can learn from Menge where it's located if you allow Triss to be tortured and ask about the treasure before asking about Dandelion.
The extra information earns you some more Crowns but Djikstra will not help during the battle at Kaer Morhen regardless.

Long story short Dijkstra is a dick. I would never consider helping him so I'm glad his treasure can't be recovered, even if you decide to help him.

He recovers the tresure himself as he tells you ingame. Only difference is that either you just give him the key and he needs to search for tresure alone with his spy-network or you also learn the location of the tresure from Menge and he recovers it faster that way so he is gratefull and revards you with 1000 crowns and some additional rare crafting stuff when you go ask for help durring kaer mohren.

"Rare"...
which means expensive but so common you are constantly tripping over it, and probably selling it to raise coin because you've already crafted everything that uses it.

Long story short Dijkstra is a dick. I would never consider helping him so I'm glad his treasure can't be recovered, even if you decide to help him.

Exactly this.

Although, funnily enough, the official guide seems to suggest that Dijkstra can join you for the battle at Kaer Morhen if you give him the key to the treasury. That wasn't the case in my game. He always turns me down regardless.

EDIT: Just read @svizcy's comment. I guess that's what the guide refers to. I never actually explicitly asked about the treasure so that would explain it.

Last edited:
Ah then I'm glad that I didn't..
allow Triss to be tortured on either of my two playthroughs. Yennefer on the other hand, I probably would have let get tortured.

Like others said, let Triss tortured and don't expose yourself to Menge in the conversation, follow it to the end. Dijkstra will send you some help for Dandelion ambush. "Because I like you Geralt, you can have not 1, not 2 but 3 of my best men!" love Dijkstra sense of humor :D

Let Triss get tortured for a few coin and help from guys who aren't all that much help anyway?

A man in love with someone wouldn't do that. Me, after TW 2 and Rose of Remembrance, Geralt chooses Triss above all else. Besides, it's just not in Geralt's character to let monsters get their way. Truthfully, despite TW 3 already being frightfully low on role-playing opportunities, this is one where I wouldn't have provided a choice.

Me, after TW 2 and Rose of Remembrance, Geralt chooses Triss above all else
So the hypotheses about why Triss made you collect the rose of remembrance for her is actually true? The only known magical use for rose of remembrances was shown to us by Philippa on Saskia...

"Philippa is the greatest sorceress ever" <=> "Triss above else"

Ah well. I gladly help out Dijkstra all the time at this point. Just as I always went for the magical resistance in TW2. And just as my playthrough "TW1: The worst choices" came to an abrupt halt in chapter 3, when I was in the dyejob's lair.

Last edited:
Let Triss get tortured for a few coin and help from guys who aren't all that much help anyway?

A man in love with someone wouldn't do that. Me, after TW 2 and Rose of Remembrance, Geralt chooses Triss above all else. Besides, it's just not in Geralt's character to let monsters get their way. Truthfully, despite TW 3 already being frightfully low on role-playing opportunities, this is one where I wouldn't have provided a choice.

While I do not choose the treasure myself (by doing that, Geralt would consider the treasure more important than Dandelion and thus indirectly also Ciri, and he would get Triss tortured for money when her plan was to help him find Ciri - quite bad, and the reward is not needed anyway by the time it is received), there are probably people who prefer being greedy bastards, although it could admittedly have more consequences.

Odd thing. I played the torture Triss route (harrowing hearing her - that alone was torturous) to see what the immediate differences were (I'm sticking with the not tortured route for play-through). After she and Geralt exit the building she says the same thing regardless what happens to her. That she needs to blow off steam. Why if she was not tortured? There are some things about TW 3 I really appreciate, but some things grate on my nerves., like lacking attention to detail and failing to modify dialog so what's said is more appropriate. Maybe I was just too immersed in the stories in TW 1 and 2 because they were so engrossing and missed this sort of thing. Or were details of this nature given due diligence in those?

---------- Updated at 01:15 PM ----------

So the hypotheses about why Triss made you collect the rose of remembrance for her is actually true? The only known magical use for rose of remembrances was shown to us by Philippa on Saskia...

"Philippa is the greatest sorceress ever" <=> "Triss above else"

Ah well. I gladly help out Dijkstra all the time at this point. Just as I always went for the magical resistance in TW2. And just as my playthrough "TW1: The worst choices" came to an abrupt halt in chapter 2, when I was in the dyejob's lair.

Yep for my play-through and what the rose signified for the relationship between Geralt and Triss. Events in TW 2 (for me anyway) pretty much erased any possibility of Geralt reuniting with Yen. Yes, I know the books are one way, but the games ought be another. The wonderful books are limited to Sapkowski's vision whereas the vision in the games should deviate and be reshaped/influenced by the gamer's decisions. Really surprised me to learn the rose had wilted, but then a lot of things about TW 3 surprised me, and not in a good way (mainly continuity but that's off-topic in this thread).

Last edited:
Odd thing. I played the torture Triss route (harrowing hearing her - that alone was torturous) to see what the immediate differences were (I'm sticking with the not tortured route for play-through). After she and Geralt exit the building she says the same thing regardless what happens to her. That she needs to blow off steam. Why if she was not tortured? There are some things about TW 3 I really appreciate, but some things grate on my nerves., like lacking attention to detail and failing to modify dialog so what's said is more appropriate. Maybe I was just too immersed in the stories in TW 1 and 2 because they were so engrossing and missed this sort of thing. Or were details of this nature given due diligence in those?

---------- Updated at 01:15 PM ----------

Yep for my play-through and what the rose signified for the relationship between Geralt and Triss. Events in TW 2 (for me anyway) pretty much erased any possibility of Geralt reuniting with Yen. Yes, I know the books are one way, but the games ought be another. The wonderful books are limited to Sapkowski's vision whereas the vision in the games should deviate and be reshaped/influenced by the gamer's decisions. Really surprised me to learn the rose had wilted, but then a lot of things about TW 3 surprised me, and not in a good way (mainly continuity but that's off-topic in this thread).

Why she need to blow off steam? She was hit multiple times in the face initially, while was walking tied into Witchhunter's quarters, constantly harrased by every single witchhunter in the building.... so yeah... even if you killed them all instantly during the first encounter, i would understand she would want to Blow off steam... especially as she was constantly hunted by the same group of witchhunters up to that point (and eventually have to flee Novigrad), her house was plundered and she had to hide in some hole...

that answer just makes sense in any end result coming from that situation...

Triss is a manipulative biatch like all the other sorceresses. If the mutations have any impact in Geralt's emotions is that he is not propense to suffer from emotional blackmail, specially not from a sorceress!

Triss is a manipulative biatch like all the other sorceresses. If the mutations have any impact in Geralt's emotions is that he is not propense to suffer from emotional blackmail, specially not from a sorceress!

What is "blackmail" about helping him demanding nothing in return ? He can just walk away after Count Reuven's Treasure, and then the "manipulative biatch" still helps him in the battles against the Wild Hunt.

Not quite. Rita isn't a manipulative bitch. She is actually not interested at all in any of that shit, she cares about her school and the education of her students. Also Yennefer isn't a manipulative bitch either, atleast not to the people she loves, trusts and cares for. Like Geralt, Ciri. Unlike most sorceresses, you can't trust them no matter how close you think you are to them, Rita and Yen are different, if they care, trust you they will not betray you. The books and the games are evidence and proof of this for them two.

---------- Updated at 10:57 AM ----------

What is "blackmail" about helping him demanding nothing in return ? He can just walk away after Count Reuven's Treasure, and then the "manipulative biatch" still helps him in the battles against the Wild Hunt.

Your so good at hiding your blatant pro triss aren't you. Just clicking on your profile and your a part of the Triss fanpage rofl. Yup, what's manipulative about betraying Geralt,Ciri and Yen to the lodge in the books and then what's manipulative about using Geralt for your own desires, personal or political (lodge or for your own vagina, as phillipa said) in the games... "demand nothing in return" she is demanding something, she wants his dick.

The topic of this thread is "Djikstra's treasure - it's possible to recover it?" Please do not hijack threads. Stay on topic, or it will get locked and further actions will be taken against accounts.

Back on track then. Can you actually find his treasure lol.

You can help Sigi find it by talking to Menge about it during the quest, but it has other minor consequences in the quest (Menge will end up attacking you). However the treasure itself is in Kovir, so you never personally find it.

Top Bottom