DLC: What do you prefer? The poll. ! ENDING SPOILERS !

+

What kind of story do you hope to see in DLC?

• Continuation of V's story. Hope he/she survives (finds a cure/way out of cyberspace)

• Prequel to V's story. Events before meeting Johnny

• Prequel to Johnny's story. Events before meeting V

• Additional story within the main game, after meeting Johnny and before infiltrating Mikoshi

• A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
In this poll there is only one option for me - continuation, there is no other way. Everything else is meaningless in relation to the main story and does not particularly interest me. Even if you want to see new characters or details about the universe, then this can also be shown in post-game DLCs, where you will perceive the whole picture from V's perspective

If they add new endings, it would be very different.

Continuation of V's story, but I hope we will meet Johnny Silverhand again in the sequel and we see more details from his past.

I'd move onto a different character from the setting.

Morgan Blackhand as played by David Hayter or Michael Biehn.

:)

And if the latter, he's just straight up Rex Power Colt.

i don't understand where all the johnny hate comes from. i like the fact he's in content from top to bottom, if he wasn't it would seem too gimmicky, disconnected from the rest of the content, and just glaringly absent from the rest of the game. though i do understand we all think differently, and to each their own.

i don't understand where all the johnny hate comes from. i like the fact he's in content from top to bottom, if he wasn't it would seem too gimmicky, disconnected from the rest of the content, and just glaringly absent from the rest of the game. though i do understand we all think differently, and to each their own.
Maybe because he is a narcissistic ass and he is pretty much forced on the player. I personally would love to se more Johnny content but in a different context.

Story of the Johny ends in Act 2, I like him as some kind of narrator, leave him there.

Of course, I want more post-MQ story, based on my decisions. Might do if there will be prologue-like missions for nomad/punk/corpo from the base game, then continue next acts starts from a common point.

Too much of a good thing really. I think people also are irritated with the fact that you don't get a happy ending with him that's 100% Unambiguous.

I love Johnny.

I love his perspective and the piles of little interaction and dialogue quips he has through heaps of the side gigs and stuff.

I don't like that he is THE main quest. Would love to have done more quests with other people, especially those from Act 1. There is just too much focus on him and not on V and Vs relationships.

So yeah, not a problem with Johnny, more of a problem with the combination of quest / story / character design.

Well Johnny is not center of cyberpunk universe there are other characters, he is also asshole to V sure he do change his attitude later but he still is asshole.
He had his moment 50 years ago let it rest. you help him finish his unfinished business and move on.
If Mike want to bring Johnny back to TT, i am sure he can do much better job, without destroying V in the process.

Honestly, I don't think there's nearly as much cut content as people think.
Video has been posted of two cut gigs still in the games code. The actor voicing Doctor Paradox posted on his twitter a picture of the character but Paradox appears nowhere in the game except as a background tv broadcast that does not reveal the characters appearance. There are the partially built train stations. There are all the empty areas. And then there is the perk, clothing mod, and consumable to facilitate long term submersion under water that have zero use in the game.

I just finished the main quest and, man, the endings were one hell of a letdown of an otherwise great game and feel empty, inconsequential with a till-then well written story and rushed.
V and Cyberpunk 2077 as a whole deserve a proper follow up. Without it any spin-off, prequel, expansion would seem a further rip-off.

Video has been posted of two cut gigs still in the games code. The actor voicing Doctor Paradox posted on his twitter a picture of the character but Paradox appears nowhere in the game except as a background tv broadcast that does not reveal the characters appearance. There are the partially built train stations. There are all the empty areas. And then there is the perk, clothing mod, and consumable to facilitate long term submersion under water that have zero use in the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the DLC inevitably coming for whatever their water plans are.

The diving wtih Judy was fantastic - they clearly didn't build those mechanics (and what you've mentioned) JUST for that mission.

I like Johnny, I respect Keanu for his work. But this game is about to V. You can tell me everything but V is that character I want to empathize, help and save. I want to see the consequences of his own choice.
His own choice is to live, to fight for his life and his loved ones and to be free from any obligations even from desire to become “Legend” of NC.

Because instead leaving Johnny as he was - semi supposed to be a “voice in the back of your head” he became a main part of the story, that was even trying to eclipse the main character and dependable how you see endings, he even, as a character, succeed in this.

So this whole things backfired. Not only MC is said to die no matter what he is somehow victorious.
Add to this fact that he is after all a psycho who killed 0,5 mln people by blowing nuke in the city center. In the age post 9/11, Madrit booming, Paris attacks shooting in Orlando club - no matter how hard you will try to justify his character (not to mention that game didn’t even try hard) it will never work properly.
also he is also crypto-misogyn by the way he treats all female characters in this game (from tools to object to be killed).

So you end up with character that is somehow a main star with the history like this, in the story like this, that is mostly mostly like this because of him.

He overstays his welcome in my book.
And I will be really glad if this is all what we see.

one the side note - that has nothing to do with Keanu, he played really great, maybe not a best role for him (the same I would say about Rayn Gosling) but still terrific performance!

I like Johnny, I respect Keanu for his work. But this game is about to V. You can tell me everything but V is that character I want to empathize, help and save. I want to see the consequences of his own choice.
His own choice is to live, to fight for his life and his loved ones and to be free from any obligations even from desire to become “Legend” of NC.
SHIT POST INCOMING

sad.jpg

Definitely a continuation of V's story, that's the only place i see as having room for an expansion imo and hopefully that's the reason for the current limitations of the endings as is.
The existing side story content feels somewhat alien due to the constant time pressure the main storyline is inflicting so an expansion right in the middle would be further complications.
Really not a fan of the idea of pre-quel content.

Top Bottom