Do dev's actually see our suggestions or concerns

+
Right there is a great need for change internally, specially for PR.

Its just as frustrating where I feel voices is left unheard to the ears who need to hear for an example and is drowned out.
I'm not talking about everyone having group think. That isn't want I mean, because group think can go wrong too.

Some companies in the past did great jobs with managing feedback and direct decision makers to players interaction.
CDPR can be the same in that regard.

Q/A sessions, newsletters, official devs taking time and being active in forums, officially backed feedback list. There are many ways they can help us and them in a mutual discussion.

Except you can't blame PR. If I worked in PR for CDPR and we sent out a tweet based on internal communication that said "no more delays" and then my boss the very next day said the exact opposite, because I was kept out of the loop, I wouldn't want to say anything anymore either, because now I'm loosing credibility.

Also look at Holli Bennett, arguably the face of CDPR with all of it's Night City Wires. Then the game is released and all the things I hyped up in the Night City Wires, only some of them made it into the game in the same way I was told to spin it, would you want to hop back in front of the camera and go back out on a limb?

I know I wouldn't.

Unless I have missed it, I think it would be great to have some check list for what's being worked on and what demanded feature to not expect. Giving the players a little bit more clarity wouldn't hurt anyone.

Like a progress bar with tasks, yeah.

I'm sure CDPR's project management uses gantt charts but having one that is simplified with signs of progress can greatly help.
Post automatically merged:

Except you can't blame PR. If I worked in PR for CDPR and we sent out a tweet based on internal communication that said "no more delays" and then my boss the very next day said the exact opposite, because I was kept out of the loop, I wouldn't want to say anything anymore either, because now I'm loosing credibility.

Also look at Holli Bennett, arguably the face of CDPR with all of it's Night City Wires. Then the game is released and all the things I hyped up in the Night City Wires, only some of them made it into the game in the same way I was told to spin it, would you want to hop back in front of the camera and go back out on a limb?

I know I wouldn't.

Oh yeah no I see your point I wouldn't either. I don't blame the employees that are being told what to do or say, its higher than that needs some sort of change.

A newsletter for me that I was thinking about is just something written. You don't even need a name attached to it. Like what Fallout 76 does. They do weekly newsletters and it greatly helped them out in feedback both saying "hey were are here and we are listening and this is what we are doing to address these concerns".

Honestly that might be the BEST idea CDPR to do. At least for a start. Just write something up, a few paragraphs a week. Let us know you are listening and applying what we are saying.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

Right there is a great need for change internally, specially for PR.

Its just as frustrating where I feel voices is left unheard to the ears who need to hear for an example and is drowned out.
I'm not talking about everyone having group think. That isn't want I mean, because group think can go wrong too.

Some companies in the past did great jobs with managing feedback and direct decision makers to players interaction.
CDPR can be the same in that regard.

Q/A sessions, newsletters, official devs taking time and being active in forums, officially backed feedback list. There are many ways they can help us and them in a mutual discussion.
That could be done, but as I'm working for a company that has ten of thousands of employees and has to work for billions of people (that even if it's in a medical field could be comparable anyways as there is feedback for us as well but coming from hospitals and clinics where we still have to send our people in there to train their personnel in how to use the stuff we make all over the globe, and yes during a pandemic as well or else people die) it's just not possible or very hard to achieve.
We don't get feedback from the family that lost a relative because our machine was faulty, we get a lawsuit that costs millions of dollars (yes life is quantifiable in money and that's sad) and we get ...yes that's sad tood, technical "feedback" from the structure that was holding said equipment.

In this case with CDPR is the same but in another field.
They sold 8 million copies (let's say even more in the end) and they can't simply even think of going into a live Q&A session, or read the whole forum because in that 8 millions not even a chat would be readable, it would just go light speed scrolling, not to mention that you have at least a 1 million of people that are very "angry" and behave erratically.
So you have to filter or pay people that do that job for you, get the relevant points from a very few selected areas (the forum is just tiny fraction of those 8 millions that bought the game), fix what you can, and move on, because,let's face it, you can't just make everyone happy, or even think about reading the whole forum which is not representative of the whole anyways. They are lucky because they can build a fanbase and please them if they are in synch with them.

I can't do that, stuff MUST-WORK no matter if I feel good or bad that day. Of course , in my case, I'm not alone, we are a team and there's several teams doing what we do, and there's an entire quality assurance department that cross-check over and over and several hundreds of people involved, but if I mess up I'm out, period, so the quality check isn't even needed but there to define what's obvious.

No man sky devs went silent for months while working on the game.
The game has been out for 9 days, give them time.

Just because you don't see any response doesn't mean they have abandoned the game or not looking at suggestions.

That could be done, but as I'm working for a company that has ten of thousands of employees and has to work for billions of people (that even if it's in a medical field could be comparable anyways as there is feedback for us as well but coming from hospitals and clinics where we still have to send our people in there to train their personnel in how to use the stuff we make all over the globe, and yes during a pandemic as well or else people die) it's just not possible or very hard to achieve.
We don't get feedback from the family that lost a relative because our machine was faulty, we get a lawsuit that costs millions of dollars (yes life is quantifiable in money and that's sad) and we get ...yes that's sad tood, technical "feedback" from the structure that was holding said equipment.

In this case with CDPR is the same but in another field.
They sold 8 million copies (let's say even more in the end) and they can't simply even think of going into a live Q&A session, or read the whole forum because in that 8 millions not even a chat would be readable, it would just go light speed scrolling, not to mention that you have at least a 1 million of people that are very "angry" and behave erratically.
So you have to filter or pay people that do that job for you, get the relevant points from a very few selected areas (the forum is just tiny fraction of those 8 millions that bought the game), fix what you can, and move on, because,let's face it, you can't just make everyone happy, or even think about reading the whole forum which is not representative of the whole anyways. They are lucky because they can build a fanbase and please them if they are in synch with them.

I can't do that, stuff MUST-WORK no matter if I feel good or bad that day. Of course , in my case, I'm not alone, we are a team and there's several teams doing what we do, and there's an entire quality assurance department that cross-check over and over and several hundreds of people involved, but if I mess up I'm out, period, so the quality check isn't even needed but there to define what's obvious.

Forgive me as I try to fully understand the post.

I don't believe CDPR will make everyone happy. Using Fallout 76 again for an example, there are still people unhappy. But what Fallout 76 did which I commend is they reached out. I don't know how many employees worked on this, but they had a solid CMs and Twitch and reddit outreaches, which stepped out and talked to people. This team has an active twitter presence and used it. Now, this job wasn't done alone, players who loved the game helped with constructive feedback of course.

To be fair, I don't know the internals of CDPR for their PR department. All I see is what is posted on twitter or interviews with devs in that last months. But if something can be done, and it improves their reputation and communication for us, then it should be done.

Making a few paragraphs of a weekly newsletter, I don't see that being too challenging for them. They don't need to address all issues at once. Take it bit by bit. Take our feedback but work on it in an effective path and help show that with official roadmaps (that one was big too for Fallout 76).

Like some people sugested here, it would be so nice if they announced some sort of very specific roadmap for the nearest future.

It's potentialy very good PR move, and they need that now.

No man sky devs went silent for months while working on the game.
The game has been out for 9 days, give them time.

Just because you don't see any response doesn't mean they have abandoned the game or not looking at suggestions.

Yes the game is quite new, it only feels older because its been so hyped and talked about.

My opinion, they should nip this in the bud and start a 2-way feedback method. Earlier the better.

I don't believe CDPR will make everyone happy. Using Fallout 76 again for an example, there are still people unhappy. But what Fallout 76 did which I commend is they reached out. I don't know how many employees worked on this, but they had a solid CMs and Twitch and reddit outreaches, which stepped out and talked to people. This team has an active twitter presence and used it. Now, this job wasn't done alone, players who loved the game helped with constructive feedback of course.

To be fair, I don't know the internals of CDPR for their PR department. All I see is what is posted on twitter or interviews with devs in that last months. But if something can be done, and it improves their reputation and communication for us, then it should be done.

Making a few paragraphs of a weekly newsletter, I don't see that being too challenging for them. They don't need to address all issues at once. Take it bit by bit. Take our feedback but work on it in an effective path and help show that with official roadmaps (that one was big too for Fallout 76).
Fallout 76 is not exactly a good comparison.

Bethesda always developed bugged games, still, quite fun, Fallout76 was a complete different approach.
Bugged engine + online, no one believed that could actually work out, and you can see the result.
The entire Online aspect was developed by another company.

Reaching out or not reaching out is not important, regardless of that, you can only wait for updates and judge by yourself.

Guest 4406876

Yes but even in doing so they would just fix what is obvious for the game structure and, trust me, they already knew before launch because those are basics. Every feedback I gave so far gives me the title of "Captain obvious" because that what it is.
The feedback they'll receive anyways is the amplified sensation of a whole and they'll try to translate at best, by being loyal to their vision (bugs aside that serve no vision). You can have that sort of "close" contact with your fanbase if you're small, when you have 8 million people you have to tread carefully on what feedback you're listening too, because in any case, it will still be a tiny fraction of the whole customers that got the game.
They just have to think to the best way they can come up with in having an effective tool of collecting feedback and tuning their next product to maximize sales (and seeing the numbers that tool is statistics).

[...]

Fallout 76 is not exactly a good comparison.

Bethesda always developed bugged games, still, quite fun, Fallout76 was a complete different approach.
Bugged engine + online, no one believed that could actually work out, and you can see the result.
The entire Online aspect was developed by another company.

Reaching out or not reaching out is not important, regardless of that, you can only wait for updates and judge by yourself.

In a pure PR storm I think it would be a good comparison. Fallout 76 was hyped up big time, then launch happen, and crap hit the fan so to speak of hate, negativity and attacks. Meanwhile, true fans hold on and didn't give up on the developers.

Same process happened for the CP2077. Now what happens in a year, that is up to how well both parties, the players and company goes forward. We need each other.

Bugs will be fixed. That's not what I care most about.
Fallout 76 went through alot of patches to fix alot of bugs. In one year time it wasn't hardly the same game anymore and improved greatly.
Given time, bugs and performance for CP2077 will be resolved, no doubt in my mind.

What feedback was used and addressed that was more important was the content, the game design, the core aspects of the game. They did an excellent job of how to address the feedback.

Game just got launched so we will have to see what happens next yeah. Just hope feedback in the last few days is taken to heart and showing.

Tuco

Forum veteran
One of my consolations is that I spent almost two years on this very forum warning about how bad itemization and progression system were going to be if CDPR kept going on the same road and now a large portion of the comments and reviews around the internet are (rightfully) shitting on it, because CDPR decided to ignore any convention of authorial "good design" and chase the "looter-shooter" audience instead.

It's garbage, makes the game worse on many levels and basically anyone who knows the first thing about game design and the importance of having finely tuned subsystems can easily point it for the stinking pile of crap it is.

Yes but even in doing so they would just fix what is obvious for the game structure and, trust me, they already knew before launch because those are basics. Every feedback I gave so far gives me the title of "Captain obvious" because that what it is.
The feedback they'll receive anyways is the amplified sensation of a whole and they'll try to translate at best, by being loyal to their vision (bugs aside that serve no vision). You can have that sort of "close" contact with your fanbase if you're small, when you have 8 million people you have to tread carefully on what feedback you're listening too, because in any case, it will still be a tiny fraction of the whole customers that got the game.
They just have to think to the best way they can come up with in having an effective tool of collecting feedback and tuning their next product to maximize sales (and seeing the numbers that tool is statistics).

[...]

You shouldn't feel "captain obvious". Feedback is also something personal and feedback is data, the more data of the similar subject the more likely to get addressed. It raises the bar.

Yeah, indie companies have an easier time at this. Its just something how a company decides to organize feedback.

We need roadmap of fixes, performance improvements and missing features to be implemented so people know what to expect from the game. As is right now, we don't know which way the game is headed and it is really frustating. Many advertised features aren't present. I believe people expected, according to what was advertised and hyped: an open world with the quality of GTA V but with as many side actvities as something like Shemnue and Yakuza, a modern Deus Ex gameplay with Witcher 3 writing and side quest quality, plus using the CP2020/RED ruleset and character skills and progression system focusing the whole experience more into RPG territory, all with a cyberpunk non censored atitude. That to me would be exactly what was advertised and somthing really, really, close to a perfect cyberpunk themed game. I do believe most costumers indeed expected exactly that, and with good reason.

About alleged abandonments

Among 3 billion people who play games, in a business that earns, according to Microsoft reports (about buying Bethesda) 200 billion a year, I would love to have on screen a single argument in favor of any idea about 'abandonments' .. .

Sometimes I think that this world of Microsoft, the billionaire giant is the world of fantasy, mine, a mere player, reality ...

A lot of us have made threads with this hope in mind. from what they've told us, they do in fact monitor the official reddit and forums which is what motivated me to make my original thread, which thankfully gained quite a bit of traction and certainly left me hopeful someone somewhere read it to understand a lot of the player base's frustration.

It's always good when you know dev's are actively monitoring and, in some cases, interacting with the player base. They could easily be ignoring everyone (especially given the hate some have shown).

Hello Games, Bungie and a few others are really good with the game developers being active with the community. Honestly, we should all have some respect for CDPR for taking action on pretty much every front.

To be honest, I had originally came here to see all the hate-filled forum posts and crying going on. But there is a lot of constructive discussion going on. It'll be nice to see what comes of the game.
Post automatically merged:

I think this game might be abadonware to the higher ups at CDPR.

Doubt it. First, the money that has been poured into the game is likely too much for them to just write-off. Second, knowing there would be (from the get go, regardless of issues) ongoing improvements and add-ons - the dev team would be working on it anyway. It's a matter of redeployment of resources from a focus on new content to fixing issues.

I think they will make it work. Everyone has an unrealistic expectation that they can wave a magic wand and fix it overnight. While I am not downplaying the fact there are issues, and they likely should of been addressed prior to release the community should give them a chance to fix it. The game has potential.

Top Bottom