Do I have the 'Pyromaniac' ability, or not? Can I check somewhere?

+
Do I have the 'Pyromaniac' ability, or not? Can I check somewhere?

Hi,

I'm following this list of special abilities you can get in-game: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Character_attributes#Abilities

I walked into the fire once and I saw some text saying ~'New ability: Pyromaniac', but it was only once, and I tried doing it again and it came up with the same text again... do I have it or not? Is there someplace where I can check all of the abilities I've acquired over the course of the game?

Cheers

It's buried in the attributes. The place where you can look at your skills has another tab that will show passive abilities.

Greed1914 said:
It's buried in the attributes. The place where you can look at your skills has another tab that will show passive abilities.
Aha! Thank you, I've found it. I noticed it said that it's level 1, does that mean I can level it up by burning myself repeatedly? :D

steelbom said:
I noticed it said that it's level 1, does that mean I can level it up by burning myself repeatedly? :D

No, only the Intimidation, Hex and Persuasion abilities have more than 1 level.

A question regarding the Pyromaniac ability. Does this only trigger through campfires? I am trying to get this ability in the burned down hospital but I can't seem to achieve it even after getting Geralt burned more than 15 times.

fuNkrush said:
A question regarding the Pyromaniac ability. Does this only trigger through campfires? I am trying to get this ability in the burned down hospital but I can't seem to achieve it even after getting Geralt burned more than 15 times.

I think, only campfires.

The "15 times" is not so; I've usually received the "New ability" message after as few as 3 self-incinerations.

With this and "Sapper", I don't think there's a count, just a chance that you'll get the ability on any one try.

Are there any campfires you know of by chance that work after the Prologue one? The one in Lobiden doesn't seem to work and I haven't come across another one yet.

Edit: Found one campfire that worked near the Kayran lair.

Top Bottom