Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
Technical problems are too arcane for me, sorry :whatthe: You can use the search feature with keyword "bkg" and choose "In-game Tech" forum. You get serveral results but I don't if they help you. Othewise you have to ask in In-game tech. And don't forget to mention your system spec ;)

ideiglenes said:
All right.I think I'm having another problem here. I have finally downloaded the enchanced but during the install, it says "the witcher was installed incorrectly. It can't be refreshed."I erased the witcher and installed it again, but it had no use. Even, after I'd tried to installed the enchanced, the witcher also didn't run, saying "bkg" (?).Can you help me with this?PS.: in the headline of the window which contains "bkg", the text is "00538796".
register the game first

To: Everyoneleechget doesnt work when i install it and the game has gone all wierd and is like a stop motion gamewould anyone at all know how to fix that thanks if you canthanks if you try but dont succeedsincerelyRED Blood

hi.if i buy and download the english digital enhanced edition from impulsehttp://impulsedriven.com/tweewill i still be able to download/use the german language pack?

REDBlood said:
leechget doesnt work when i install it and the game has gone all wierd and is like a stop motion gamewould anyone at all know how to fix that
what is that ? what do you use it for ?
REDBlood said:
if i buy and download the english digital enhanced edition from impulsehttp://impulsedriven.com/tweewill i still be able to download/use the german language pack?
the full game has all the languages, you'd better ask them if you will get all the languages

im not sure what leechget is my friend said it was a program or file managerto help download the witcher patches but in other cases i dont know what leechget doessincerelyRED Blood

leechget is just a download manager (and a pretty good one) ... and it's free :peace:there's a full blown version and a firefox addon

...and have a quick question. I travel a lot and use multiple machines. Obviously I will bring the disks with me, but the location of the saved games is not obvious. Care to lend a hand?CheersR

I dont know what op your running but I'm running Win pro Try going into My Documents you should see a file called The Witchre click on it you should see a file called Save copy the save file you want put it on disk and your good to go Hope that helps

If you're running XP, your saved games are here: C:\Documents and Settings\Cory\My Documents\The Witcher\savesIf you're running Vista or something else, it'll be a different path, but it should be easy to find; just look in the Document section and not the Program Files section.

I'm an original Witcher 'veteran', and I've recently installed the EE version of the game. I've noticed that the dialogue between characters is majorly different. Of course, I'm only up to the outskirts of Vizima at this point, in-game.Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this too? Additionally, is there a way to restore it so that dialogue is of the same length as originally intended, or am I just stuck with it as it is now? Because that would be a bummer.

if you had read the release notes with EE, you would have known that changes to the dialogue were a major part of it :peace:

Yep, lots of new dialog as part of the EE :) To the best of my knowledge, I don't think you can roll back just the dialog portion of the upgrade :(

lovelypsycho said:
Yep, lots of new dialog as part of the EE :) To the best of my knowledge, I don't think you can roll back just the dialog portion of the upgrade :(
A real shame, since I prefer some of the old dialogs. Pity :(

Every line of dialogue has a voice file that goes with it, and which file is spoken can be changed in Djinni. If there's a line that you especially like from the old version, you can find the file and tell the game to play that, instead. But that's a line here or there, not the whole thing.While there are a lot of lines that I like better from the old version, I think that the EE is better overall -- a lot of things are explained better in the new version.

Corylea said:
Every line of dialogue has a voice file that goes with it, and which file is spoken can be changed in Djinni. If there's a line that you especially like from the old version, you can find the file and tell the game to play that, instead. But that's a line here or there, not the whole thing.While there are a lot of lines that I like better from the old version, I think that the EE is better overall -- a lot of things are explained better in the new version.
Explained better, yes... but not voiced better. Haven't quite gotten used to D'jinni yet, haven't had the time. But, I will check on it in the near future... Thanks :peace:

Reptonite said:
...and have a quick question. I travel a lot and use multiple machines. Obviously I will bring the disks with me, but the location of the saved games is not obvious. Care to lend a hand?CheersR
update to the latest version, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , after that the DVD is no longer needed in drive while playing :beer:

I bought this game about a year and a half ago and just started to play it again. I had to reinstall it becase my harddrive crash and while I was patching it I noticed an EXTENDED EDITION is available. I must have this extended edition! I tried downloading all the patches and installing them but patch 1.4 EE wont install!! Whats wrong???

HammersonJJ said:
I bought this game about a year and a half ago and just started to play it again. I had to reinstall it becase my harddrive crash and while I was patching it I noticed an EXTENDED EDITION is available. I must have this extended edition! I tried downloading all the patches and installing them but patch 1.4 EE wont install!! Whats wrong???
Read the Enhanced Edition FAQ and see if your problem is addressed there: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0If it's not, then go to the tech section of the forum and post a detailed description of the problem, and our wonderful tech volunteer might be able to help you: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0.Official tech help is through Atari, but they're sloooow: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=4549.0

Hi,I have a bunch of questions - I haven't kept up with TW and am looking to buy it provided the DRM was removed.Here are my questions...1) If I buy the EE, do I have to download 1.5 AND Director's Cut or is 1.5 the Director's Cut? (I live in Calgary, Canada, so I'd be getting the NA box version of the game)2) What DRM is on The Witcher pre-1.5 and does 1.5 remove all traces of the DRM, or just the CD check?3) Is it possible to buy box version of TW that has 1.5 and/or Director's Cut included in it already? I prefer buying box versions, so I will not be purchasing from Steam etc.TIA

Top Bottom