Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

+
Greetings.. I was wondering if anyone here can help me understand this..I ordered The Witcher Enhanced Edition, (from NCIX in Canada) and when I finally received it all i got was a standard game case, no box, no books, no maps, no nothing.. It came withonly 3 Dvd's (which of course does not fit very well in a standard case so it was broken along with badly scratched dvd's)The whole point of ordereing this was to get that boxed set with all the goodies that eveyone else on the planet seems to have.. All the "bonus content" is now simply digitally placed in pdf files and in a standard case which is too small to even fit the Dvd's properply (could not even install since there all scratched)The product discription on the webpage that i ordered from says this: "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be available in a highly desirable, content-packed box set"When / Why did the packaging change to a standard case with nothing in it?

You just got the end-of-life budget SKU. If you haven't opened the packaging, return the game and buy the game at a retail store so you can be sure you got the right SKU, the right one will be 5 times heavier then all the other games. The imported SKU from the UK was an even more massive gift set then even the US version, and un-censored. Got my UK gift set from Gogamer.com.

dfn said:
Hi,I have a bunch of questions - I haven't kept up with TW and am looking to buy it provided the DRM was removed.Here are my questions...1) If I buy the EE, do I have to download 1.5 AND Director's Cut or is 1.5 the Director's Cut? (I live in Calgary, Canada, so I'd be getting the NA box version of the game)2) What DRM is on The Witcher pre-1.5 and does 1.5 remove all traces of the DRM, or just the CD check?3) Is it possible to buy box version of TW that has 1.5 and/or Director's Cut included in it already? I prefer buying box versions, so I will not be purchasing from Steam etc.TIA
get the Enhanced Edition, install patch 1.5, remove the DRM named TAGES ( only if other games don't need it anyway ), install the Directors' Cut patch :beer:

Thank you.If I buy the EE, do I need TWEE_Upgrade.exe or just TheWitcherPatch.1.5.exe? Also, which file is the Director's Cut patch for EE?And to clarify, 1.5 removes TAGES in its entirety, not just the cd check?

dfn said:
Thank you.If I buy the EE, do I need TWEE_Upgrade.exe or just TheWitcherPatch.1.5.exe? Also, which file is the Director's Cut patch for EE?And to clarify, 1.5 removes TAGES in its entirety, not just the cd check?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( just patch 1.5 and the Directors Cut, TAGES removed completely if you do not have other games that need it anyway )

Top Bottom