[EPILOGUE] Ending cutscene / cinematic discussion

+
I think it was some guy we didn't met during the game . It cant be Geralt , very small chance it could be Berengar cause he either died , or if he surrived (in my opinion ) became friend of Geralt , Alvin is Grand Master so he is not the witcher ( no signs of mutation ) , the other witchers schools dont use such medalions (they use grifin , wolf -Geralt , or eagle) . So either theres new school or someone else got the secrets too : many peapole want's those secrets . And in my opinion Geralt was shocked cause he killed another witcher (code forbids it ) . I think will have part II based on this events .

Here is my theroyIf you watch the final movie fight scene the Assassin attacks Geralt around the groin area weakness that Berengar pointed out while also defending his own.....I think maybe the Assassin is an alternate Alvin.* They look the simular.* Alvin was standing next to Geralt and Berengar when they where discussing the weak spot and how a leg crushing incident may have caused it.* Alvin followed and observed Geralt on some Murky Waters quests there upon picking up the same combat stances including the subconscious "groin exposer correction"I hate it when they insert time and space teleportations in things, the Assassins probably just an Salamandra mutant. :p

Um, I skimmed through the whole thread, there are many interesting train of thoughts going on (especially those detailed and complex ones about time travel), but in the end, I still think what I had thought before: the assasin is just an assasin, someone we haven´t met until now. Why he wanted to kill Foltest, who sent him, and why he is mutated are simply a teaser for the following story. We can speculate about these question, but from what we know at this point, we can´t reach any definite conclusion as the mystery won´t be solved until the continuation of the story. The assasin is not Alvin as Alvin´s story has already been resolved: he was the Grandmaster, who pulled the strings from behind the scenes and in the end emerged as the major bad guy of the game. We learnt what his agenda was, who he was, what was his relation to us - and we killed him, and thus closed the story arc of the game. His story is over, he has no further purpose.The assasin is not Geralt or Berengar, either. Simply because all the witchers we know come from the school of Wolf and they all have the same fighting styles and use only one sword. There is no way to refute the theory that the assasin is Geralt´s evil twin or something like that who underwent the training and mutations in Zerrikania and became the first zerrikanian mutated assasin, but that´t imho too much of a stretch.

At least one question is easy to answer:Why did the assassin wanted to kill the king? - Because he was paid to do so!!! ;D Who paid him to do so will be the more interesting story... but hopefully we will know when finishing The Wither II. :beer:

Basileios said:
Because he was paid to do so!!! ;D Who paid him to do so will be the more interesting story... but hopefully we will know when finishing The Wither II. :beer:
Now that a veary good point the Assassin was just a pawn would like to know who made the move

PetraSilie said:
btwDo you belong to the lucky ones who managed to keep Berengar alive during the encounter with Azar? ;D I think I just read it two times
I kept him alive in my second game. Yep, surprised me too. Imagine my disappointment when I couldn't even talk to him afterward. :(

But anyway it's not Berengar . So we are back where we were , and I think that he must be another witcher from some other school or that someone get the stolen secrets from Javad . In my opinion will have another witcher game not just the expansion .

I think that the whole thing with assassin is simple . He is just another witcher but who hired him and how he was made is a real question . The other two schools use the symbols of the grifin and eagle not the snake thing he have . So who had that knowlidge to made another witcher . I think it was another mage or some king . We'll see it in withcher II .

The questions I ask is who sent the assassin and why? The GM wanted Folset out of the way so I figured that is why he was after the King. You could say that the GM isn't actually dead as Geralt himself came back from the dead why couldn't the GM. If all of that is true then it is possible that the GM started his own witcher school cause he does make it pretty clear that he wanted witchers to help with the move south.

I doubt he was created by a mage or an other outsider! The assassin in the movie was more than an equal to Geralt and was obviously distracted by the gold thrown at him! A 'pawn' or a creature of a mage would certainly have simply deflected the thrown purse while a profession working for money might well be distracted. I guess he was either an individual or part of a group of witchers that became renegade to one of the other schools and founded some sort of assassins guild. Judging from what I red here at the forum I'd say the most likely employer might have been the Nifgards... Who else than an other sovereign might have interest and the resources to have a king killed by a witcher-assassin?

Judging from what I red here at the forum I'd say the most likely employer might have been the Nifgards... Who else than an other sovereign might have interest and the resources to have a king killed by a witcher-assassin? [/QUOTE]Well actually it could be almost anyone : there's a war going on and any of the intersted parties could hire an assassin . Plus all of the neighbooring countries not just Nilfgards . But in this moment we can just guess . :)

Well that depend's of the ending . In case of neutral path I realy see no reason . And I have a fealing that Triss somehow like the King and it makes me jealous :) But what I realy think is that we will have a new fractions in witcher II . Probably some new force send the assassin . By the way does anyone knows more about the Lodge of Sorceresses , I just start reading the books and all I know is that they are telling nothing to Geralt just like in the game . What do they realy want iscept to control the magic and to gain the political influence ?

I don't agree with this cause the GM tried to make his own witchers with the Azar Javad but they failed , so probably it's some new player , someone that we will have to deal with in expansion or Witcher II .

I just finished the game and wow that was an awesome experience. Great sense of immersion with audio and video, gritty contemporary dialog, and fast-paced combat were all aspects that stood out for me. But I digress. Can anyone who was completed the game tell me (SPOILER)............who is the assassin in the final video who dies and gets his arm cutoff by Geralt? They seemed to make a big deal about unmasking him, but I didn't recognize him.

Top Bottom