Equipment Imports to TW3

+
...just let saskia give geralt the sword she stole in the prologue. simple. late in the game still awesome

I keep being puzzled by people saying this. Was it in the Xbox version?
In the PC version, if you had imported swords, the dragon fight lost you the basic silver sword, NOT the imported one, regardless of what was equipped.

In the PC version, if you had imported swords, the dragon fight lost you the basic silver sword, NOT the imported one, regardless of what was equipped.

This. Thank you! I was starting to think that I'm getting crazy, because I remembered that I had my Sihil, Aerondight and D'yaebl (Did I spell that right?) with me when I imported my Witcher saves. I wasn't so sure of myself because I only imported my saves in two of five playthroughs.

This. Thank you! I was starting to think that I'm getting crazy, because I remembered that I had my Sihil, Aerondight and D'yaebl (Did I spell that right?) with me when I imported my Witcher saves. I wasn't so sure of myself because I only imported my saves in two of five playthroughs.

I always had my Moonblade because I dumped Aerondight, but don't tell anyone.

Uhm.. related:

What about a separate, dark-mode, importing paradigm?

The Dark Sets (like my beloved kingslayer set) of tw2 were absolutely amazing!
Give to the player the ability to import them as "starter-sets" for the tw3 dark-mode, could be something terribly intriguing. :)

Also, having the "Dancer", "Addan Deith", the "Forgotten Vran Sword", the "Deithwen", the "Caerme" the "Mourner" or the amazing "Zerrikanterment"..
could be very cool: I dont care if the will have a 5-10 + 2% something once imported at the start of the game..
But i must say that also having them like craftable objects for later or end-game experiences (along with the new weapons and with the appropriate level/requirements, in order to respect their legendary halo of their associated myths :) ) could be absolutely amazing.

For example, this could be a nice way to have the Aerondight or the D'yabel in the tw3.. maybe also with some end-game tw1 related quest (just an idea)..

Swords and armors, in the Witcher, are so good that they deserve a separate "lore" and "storytelling mechanism", imho. XD

I play the newest version of the Enhanced Edition for PC. And I lost always Aerondight which I have imported from TW1-Save. I don't understand it, but so it is. I have eqipped all Silver-Swords before the dragon-scene, but in all situations I lost Aerondight.

But in my opinion this would be a great statement in order to recover it in The Witcher 3.

I play the newest version of the Enhanced Edition for PC. And I lost always Aerondight which I have imported from TW1-Save. I don't understand it, but so it is. I have eqipped all Silver-Swords before the dragon-scene, but in all situations I lost Aerondight.

But in my opinion this would be a great statement in order to recover it in The Witcher 3.

Do you use FCR?
Because this is really weird. I've never lost my imported sword (Moonblade or Aerondight), which I always have equipped. Any version of the game, from 1.3 to the current one. It's always the basic sword that disappears. But a lot of people obviously have, so I wonder what's different?

And I agree, the perfect way of handling equipment imports would be to get them part of the way through the game, so that they can be a decent level. Like, you reach Level X and suddenly some guy wanders up to you and says "I found this chest in an old abandoned inn, I think the contents belong to you, if you do this quest for me, you can have them back."

Last edited:
You don't lose it with FCR. Not the cause, though I know it is cool to blame it for poverty, disease, famine, racism and all the rest of the world's ills.

And I agree, the perfect way of handling equipment imports would be to get them part of the way through the game, so that they can be a decent level. Like, you reach Level X and suddenly some guy wanders up to you and says "I found this chest in an old abandoned inn, I think the contents belong to you, if you do this quest for me, you can have them back."
This could work....
In one of my W2 playthroughs I used Aerondight & Raven armor until the end...And I don't want those epic items to be taken from me...Not without a fight! :D

All right, friends, sad news: My question was answered by Miles Tost, on the recent GOG.com Twitch stream ([video]http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/4721705[/video]), and it seems there'll be no equipment carried over from the previous games into Wild Hunt. Hard to swallow, but it looks like they want everybody to start even, and seek out their new gear.

Last edited:
All right, friends, sad news: My question was answered by Miles Tost, on the recent GOG.com Twitch stream ([video]http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/4721705[/video]), and it seems there'll be no equipment carried over from the previous games into Wild Hunt. Hard to swallow, but it looks like they want everybody to start even, and seek out their new gear.

Well that sucks. We have our nice armors that took the whole game to craft, a sword which announced itself as the bane of the Wild Hunt, yet they all just disappear along with our skills, like a fart in the wind with no explanation given. Stupid decision.

What about the Phillipa's dagger to break the spell?

I asked about quest-items as well, and it sounded like they're out, too. It looks like clean slates for everybody.

Which means our decisions don't matter either. You can forget save game imports people, they'll have even less impact then the ones from Witcher 1. I won't be bothering with another Witcher 2 play-through so. This sounds awfully Biowarey, "ME3 is a great place to start the series!"

Well that sucks. We have our nice armors that took the whole game to craft, a sword which announced itself as the bane of the Wild Hunt, yet they all just disappear along with our skills, like a fart in the wind with no explanation given. Stupid decision.

What about the Phillipa's dagger to break the spell?

Actually I can see the point in being disappointed by this decission, but calling it a stupid one is far too much into the breach.
Furthermore weapons and armors I saw so far look more unique and quite a lot better than the ones from W2 ( of course this being only my personal opinion)

Not being able to carry over equipment is kinda an understandable thing, the carried over items have too be made obsolet after some short game time, so there's really not that of a harm, again imho.

This just opens options for new better gear. And to quote Barny Stinson, even if this being not always right of course, but kinda does apply here:

From a fairness standpoint, to open the game up equally to new players, I assume they didn't want to give loyal enthusiasts an unfair advantage, for whatever reason they ultimately chose.

Probably a decision based on keeping the first part of game balanced for players. I guess they could just import the weapons and change stats to be the same as beginning sword :p

Top Bottom