Exp bug makes game impossible to play --> cdprojekt please reply

+
im at lvl 15 did high stake lvl 24.done so tiredly and gained no exp just money.im so sad.not to mention my main quest stop due to game breaking bug.i was having a blast with this game 60hours in but now the more i play the more game breaking bug i found.the more disappointed i am to this game to the point im thinking of quit playing.i saw the current user online on steam also reduce drastically from average 50k to 20-30k.must be due the same reason as am i.

Testing now. Getting some exp for a side quest, but twice in row getting no exp for guarded treasures (should these also reward exp) ?

I didnt expect an immediate fix but CDPR needs to really get it in gear here. We need an update and a fix really soon. This is a massive problem. The game is currently broken. The other issues were inconvenient but at least you could still functionally play the game. What's the latest here?

Finished the Family matters quest. No experience for that one. Missed 200 xp Suggested level 6 / My level 13

Finished the Get junior quest. No experience for that one. Missed 500 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Count Reuven's Treasure quest. No experience for that one. Missed 50 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Matter of life and Death side quest. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Now or never side quest. Got experience for that one. Suggested level 14 / My level 16

Finished The play is the thing. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 11 / My level 16

Finished A poet under preassure. No experience for that one. Missed 1000 xp Suggested level 13 / My level 17

Finished Eye for eye quest. Got 50 xp for that one. Suggested level 12 / My level 17

Finished Redania's most wanted. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 17

Will continue to update as this really needs to be looked into

How do you known exactly how much experience you missed? Thankfully there is a new mod to PC thar adds console commands to the game so i can add the missing experience. I just finished the Carnal Sins and received no experience.

in my opinion the system is okay, but not for a massive open world game like the witcher 3. The open world invites to explore a lot of things. so sometimes you get level after level and forget the quests around you.
and sometimes you get quests, you're already out of. This system works not good with this game!

and for all who thinks, this bug comes with the last update. thats wrong. i have that issue since the release on xbox one.

I know very little, almost nil, about coding. Would it even be possible to retroactively fix any games with missing experience? If so, I will continue without too much concern. But, if it isn't even possible, I may be shelving this game for a while.

I've looked at a lot of their configuration files, and the way quest EXP is given, is that each quest is already listed as to how much EXP you will get. Also, when completing a quest, it tracks that information as well.

So, if a developer wanted to, they could go through and see all completed quests and then reimburse missing experience, however, they would also need to know which quests you completed while over 6 levels from it, as well as several other factors. So while it maybe possible... I wouldn't count on that happening. Sorry

Damn...

Wishful thinking, but they should just drop an item, a one-time item, that grants 2k experience or 3k experience, or whatever seems reasonable.

Fortunately, I don't think I've been hit with the bug yet. Completed the Baron quest line in Velen and did a few side quests in Novigrad and got experience for them.

As A Coder in the Games Industry But that is a very difficult Question to anwser.

The Witcher 3 Is Many MANY times bigger then anything iv ever worked on. The main ishue is weather there is a system in palce that keeps track of all of the EXP acquired And when and at what level each Quest is completed . Assuming that system is in place then yes its a rather simple ( relativity speaking) to check those number to the quests completed and add the EXP for any completed quests that the EXP revived is 0.

the Ishue is that under normal Situations why would that information need to be saved. I cant see The Witcher Save Files holding onto all that information. I would say its unlikely that EXP would be Retroactively added. But it is Possible.

But what do I Know

Drage

How do you known exactly how much experience you missed? Thankfully there is a new mod to PC thar adds console commands to the game so i can add the missing experience. I just finished the Carnal Sins and received no experience.

Quite simple, watch a youtube walkthrough of the same quest.

this bug is not only for main quests. I don't get any XP for secondary quests, treasure hunts, contracts, gwent games, main quests. nothing, nada.

I too am having this issue. I am level 5 and have done a couple of level 6 (green) quests and they have rewarded 0 exp. Will you please let us know when this is fixed so I can continue to play, or will this be in patch 1.04 (which I hope is before the weekend!)

Just noticed this problem! I completed all main quests and most of the sides quests in Novigrad, but didn't get any exp for that! It is too late for me to load previous saves and play again after it will be fixed, that's why I'm curious about how this problem will be resolved? Will we get any missing experience after patch?

And when we should expect patch for ps4? Next Wednesday?

Just noticed this problem! I completed all main quests and most of the sides quests in Novigrad, but didn't get any exp for that! It is too late for me to load previous saves and play again after it will be fixed, that's why I'm curious about how this problem will be resolved? Will we get any missing experience after patch?

And when we should expect patch for ps4? Next Wednesday?

God that would be brilliant, but I seriously doubt it thats fairly soon

this bug is not only for main quests. I don't get any XP for secondary quests, treasure hunts, contracts, gwent games, main quests. nothing, nada.

I checked my W3 game and went to Novigrad at level 16 and did a few quests,two were secondary and the one Witcher contract,got me to level 17 and still getting XP so I don't have this issue so far.One was level 2 but still got a little XP even for that one,others were level 13 and 15.
On PC with 1.04 patch(GOG version).

Also noticed weird thing, I'm not getting expirence from the quests, which I took after patch, but still getting something from quests that I accepted before patch 1.03, playing on PS4. All quest are in range 3-5 levels lower/upper mine.

For instance, I've just finished "sword of dumplings" quest on level 19, I took quest after patch, and didn't get any experience during and after completing the quest. Meanwhile, I've finished contract, which took before patch, recommended level 23 and gained experience for that. May be it is not 6 level, but 5 level range for gaining experience? But still doesn't explain main mission exp loosing, cause I did them when I were level 17, and almost all missions with 3-5 level range.

Last edited:
Ok, so obviously some people were complaining about this (or something like it) before the recent patch... But did the patch somehow make it worse?

I didn't notice any problems early this week, but I know I'm now (May 28th) affected by the bug - I just tested it, with a side quest that was within 2 or 3 levels of my character's level, and then with the Broken Flowers main plot quest - and I got no XP for either. I'm currently level 14 and there's still a ton of stuff I haven't done, so I don't think I've fallen too far behind... in fact, it feels like I'm a little over-leveled, if anything, but still, this is really worrying.

I suppose it's unrealistic to hope that they'll somehow get this fixed in time for this weekend. Crap.

Top Bottom