Favorite female characters in games?

+

Sild

Ex-moderator
Lara Croft. Particularly from Square Enix's 2013 reboot. It's a good game but what kept me invested were the struggles and teeth clenching events that inevitably turn Lara from an determined but otherwise ordinary explorer/scientist to a hardened adventurer - a tomb raider.

I'll have to say Meve as well.

She's a great example of a female main character done right: a strong, compassionate leader who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty; brave but also capable of playing smart rather than bold. She has a good sense of humour, and uses sarcasm quite a bit.

I am going to say Lara Croft as well she was the first Female main protagonist ever and the reason i first bought a PS . My vote goes for the earlier Lara`s unlike Sild`s
How could you ever forget the first fictonal character you ...... off to, right?:oops: (sorry. I was 12 when that game was released, ahem)
this singer/songwriter duo sum's it all up pretty good
(sorry only german)
and sorry again for driving the topic abit far...

Guest 3847602

Annah of the Shadows - sexy, fiery, hot-blooded, streetwise, witty and sharp. And that accent.

Was she, though?
No she's not Samus Aran was already protagonist of Metroid 1 (1986) and Ms Pacman probably even earlier.

My vote goes for Tali'Zorah nar Rayya really liked her character.
6919400-tali-mass-effect.jpg

Grace Nakimura (Gabriel Knight series)

This one is quite retro. Educated, witty, feminine, and she has great chemistry with Gabriel. Voice acting is just excellent, especially in the first game. The games were written by a talented woman, so it makes sense she's well-developed and feels like a real person, especially considering when these games were made. Bonus points for her not being an Asian stereotype.

Yennefer of Vengerberg (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

CDPR crafted a perfection. Well, she isn't as fleshed out in the game as in the Sapkowski's books, but she steals every scene regardless.

Chloe Frazer (Uncharted series)

Gorgeous, with sultry voice acting by Claudia Black. I'm glad Naughty Dog gave us a game with her as a playable lead. I also can't stop looking at her black mane in Lost Legacy.

Clara Lille (Watchdogs)

Lisbeth Salander lite. I liked that they gave her emotional arc in the story. She isn't just some informant supporting character. Really cute too.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lara Croft, since Tomb Raider (II more specifically) was one of the first games i've ever played.

Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield and Ada Wong, from Resident Evil series. I'm a huge fan of the series, and was never able to figure out which of the 3 is my favourite, when i think its one, i play a game with one of the others and go back to the starting point...

FemShepard from Mass Effect trilogy. I know she's not a proper character, since she's based on the player's choices, but the voice actress did such an amazing job that i really loved the character i "helped" in creating.

Finally, a mention to Ciri, Yen and Triss. They could've been higher, but Ciri and Yen only appear in TW3, and i wasnt able to play TW2 to see Triss in all of her glorious moments.

Aloy, Terra Bradford, FemShep, Eliie, Princess Zelda/Sheik ...

Aloy is probably my favorite though. EDIT: She has a great backstory, displays great empathy, partakes in snappy dialogue, fights robot dinosaurs and crazy cultists, saves the world ... whats not to love?

Aloy.jpg

Last edited:

Guest 4404014

Jane Shepard (Shepard as female made bald a'la Ripley from the first Alien movie lol) in Mass Effect.

Senua from Senua's Sacrifice.

The redhead from Heavenly Sword (what's her name?).

The parkour girl from Mirror Edge.

The AI from Portal (if you can call her/it female, she does exhibit certain traits universally attributed to the womankind, though).

Well, CDPR has created my top 3 female characters Yen, Triss and Ciri. That besides i also like the Playstation 1 version of Lara Craft. It was the first game i had played as shitty brat. Mona Sax from Max Payne series also left huge impact on me. Harley Quinn in Arkham series was amazing representation that fits the impression comic books left on me. Also Tyrande, Jaina and Sylvanas are the characters from WoW i could really relate.

Top Bottom