For people who want to know if they can run it.

+
For people who want to know if they can run it.

I am making this thread so people who want to know if they can run TW2, can check here and look at specs that other people are playing the game with. So the idea is to post your computer specs, in game settings, the resolution you are playing at and your FPS.

My specs are:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M
Intel Core i7-2630QM
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

My in game settings are: Max settings with Ubersampling turned off.

My resolution: 1360x768

My FPS: 30-40

Aditya

Forum veteran
1.66 GHz Centrino Duo
NVIDIA 256Mb graphics
3 GB Ram
everything pretty much low setting, few medium which doesn't affect fps (and obviously ubersampling off)
resolution I played with - 1280x720 which I wasn't perfect, but can't say it was technically lagging either (except sometimes unexpected moments which was not surprising, just frustrating)
low fps, or in lay man language but 'slowish' though worked perfectly in smaller res like 1024x768 (good old windows xp days) but playing in a blackscreen in a box? HELL NO

fps count and taking screenshot are two things I still don't know :p too lazy to do so until I read somewhere the full thing straight

so basically I can say one of the least appealing systems one might encounter, but still say TW2 is one of the best games I've played in my life till now
hands down CDPR

Oh, a virtual p-contest, me too, me too.

GTX460Amp
Phenom II 955BE
3200GB RAM
Win 7 Pro 32bit

Max settings without Ubersampling and unwanted blur options.

Resolution 1920x1080

FPS 30-60

Resolution 1366x768

core i5 2500k
GTX 560 ti
8 GB ram
W7 ultimate

max settings without ubersampling

50-60 FPS

System:
Club3d HD 6870 1GB
Intel Core i7-2600k (not overclocked)
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

Ingame settings: Everything at max but ubersampling off.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

FPS: ~40

I'm playing on an Acer laptop...
Intel Core i5 430M (2,26 GHz)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
4 GB RAM
1366 x 768
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
My settings are mid-high (with some light effects off just because I don't like them medium shadow quality, motion blur off). It runs fine around 40 FPS, medium settings at 60.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
2.68Ghz, 3GB of RAM
9800GT GeForce 1GB
1280 x 800
Win XP
Settings on preset High
Around 30-50 FPS, depends on location.

Intel Core i5 750
4,00 GB DDR3
GTX 470 (OC)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Resolution 1920x1080 with all the settings on High/Ultra - using custom tweaking in order to avoid the buggy and omitted values of the default configuration tool - minus Motion Blur,Scatter DoF, and Übersampling. Average 40 FPS.

i7 920 @ 4GHz
6GB RAM (DDR3)
2xGTX295
Win7 64bit

All settings maxed (uber off) Vsynced @ 60fps. Only noticed couple of frame drops during the whole game.

Asus GTX560ti 900 Mhz 1 GB
Q6600 @ 2,4 GHz (4 cores)
3 GB RAM
Windows Vista 32 bit

Settings: Ultra, no ubersampling, everything maxed (memory budget = 2nd highest setting to prevent crashes), no motion blur and DoF ingame (DoF on cutscenes)

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

FPS: about 40-50 in Flotsam, haven't tested other areas..

Too many of these threads, and they don't really convey information that needs to persist. We already have "Would this PC run it". The FAQ over in TW2 Tech Support is the only necessary sticky.

Two rigs that do better than 30 fps in Flotsam at the given settings:

Medium, plus FXAA, 1440x900:
AMD Phenom II x3 720 2.8 GHz
nVidia 8800 GTS 512
4GB RAM
Vista Home Premium 32-bit

High, less Motion Blur (which I hate), 1920x1080:
Intel Core i3 2120 3.3 GHz
nVidia GTS 450 1GB
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

i'll just leave this here

See my signature line for hardware specs. I can play it with good fps at everything maxed (uber off) @ 1920x1080 with just the very occasional stutter which I'm more inclined to blame on engine/driver hick-ups than actual hardware deficiency. I haven't ever done a benchmark because I think it causes more headaches to go after synthetic numbers than simply being satisfied with what's on screen. I know people who go nuts over getting just 2 or 3 extra frames at any cost (more heat, higher voltages, etc), and it's just not worth it. If the game plays well, then it's all good! Besides, if you have v-sync enabled, it's capped either at 60fps or 30fps (30fps if it can't obtain 60) - and even at 30 it seems very smooth!

Here is my custom config. It's placed somewere between medium and ultra.

Texture Details all set on Ultra
VRam Management set to match approx. it phy. size in relation to game res. and details.
Blur all off because that is weather real nor a cinematic effect. On a flat screens it's all the same focus in deep and fits within every angle of view. I got forced do see blurry whatever which are in real just means off sight my eyes.

[Viewport]
Height=1152
Width=2048

[Rendering]
AllowAntialias=0
AllowBloom=1
AllowBlur=0
AllowCutsceneDOF=1
AllowDOF=0
AllowDecals=1.0
AllowMotionBlur=0
AllowRain=1
AllowSSAO=1
AllowScatterDOF=0
AllowShafts=1
AllowSharpen=0
AllowVignette=1
AtlasTextureDownscale=0
DanglesLimiter=1
DetailTextureDownscale=0
Fullscreen=1
MaxAtlasTextureSize=1024
MaxCubeShadowCount=1
MaxCubeShadowSize=256
MaxSpotShadowCount=3
MaxSpotShadowSize=512
MaxTextureSize=1024
MeshDistanceScale=0.9
ShadowQuality=2
ShadowedLights=2
TextureDownscale=0
TextureMemoryBudget=300
UberSampling=0
VSync=0

Running @ avg. 70 FPS. so it's a good playable frame rate.

C2D E6600 @ 3.21ghz + HD 6870@stock running win XP prof sp3

I appreciate any and every effort to help others run the game, but putting aside the fact that we, PC gamers, love telling everyone our computer specs, how is this supposed to help someone who can't run the game?

The most frequent case we've seen here is that the people who can't run it are not even knowledgeable of modern (or any) computer hardware, and they can't compare cards like, say, 9800 GT vs GTX 460. To these people, "FPS" also doesn't mean much.

The thread might be useful for people who know what they have inside their computers and who want to know how to adjust the game to perform well based on someone else's config with a similarly specced PC, but this would just as well be a game configuration thread.

As I said, I appreciate your efforts, but I don't think many people other than ourselves will be reading it.

Here's my PC specs since I decided to post in the thread anyway :p

Phenom II X6 1090T - OC'ed 3.7 GHz
GTX 560 Ti OC'ed 880/1760/2100 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
7200 RPM Hard Drive

I have a (small) 19" monitor so I play at native 1440x900, Ultra settings, very large texture mem size, no Ubersampling. Last time I tested with FRAPS I hit 50-60 FPS on Patch 1.2.

volsung84 said:
I appreciate any and every effort to help others run the game, but putting aside the fact that we, PC gamers, love telling everyone our computer specs, how is this supposed to help someone who can't run the game?

The most frequent case we've seen here is that the people who can't run it are not even knowledgeable of modern (or any) computer hardware, and they can't compare cards like, say, 9800 GT vs GTX 460. To these people, "FPS" also doesn't mean much.

The thread might be useful for people who know what they have inside their computers and who want to know how to adjust the game to perform well based on someone else's config with a similarly specced PC, but this would just as well be a game configuration thread.

As I said, I appreciate your efforts, but I don't think many people other than ourselves will be reading it.

Here's my PC specs since I decided to post in the thread anyway :p

Phenom II X6 1090T - OC'ed 3.7 GHz
GTX 560 Ti OC'ed 880/1760/2100 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
7200 RPM Hard Drive

I have a (small) 19" monitor so I play at native 1440x900, Ultra settings, very large texture mem size, no Ubersampling. Last time I tested with FRAPS I hit 50-60 FPS on Patch 1.2.

Your absolutely right its just a show off thread for people to say Oh look how good my system is, not to mention how much money they must be blowing on it. Personally I think the game engine itself just isn't perfected yet and needs re-working. It just does not utilize the hardware properly. Its a too black/white scenario, you either have a high end system or something out dated. That chart with all those video cards and all those fps don't mean anything. Most of those that are listed are high end graphics cards, have plenty of mem capabilities most around the 1GB mark, so what if some have fancy heat sinks or silly little fans stuck together, who cares, they all do the job. Oddly enough its the Witcher 2's engine that discriminates against brands that its less familiar with than others. Like I said the engine needs working, all our systems are fine. It either runs or it doesn't

No, expecting this or any other modern demanding game to run on hardware that is obsolescent (nVidia 7xxx, ATI 1xxx), substandard by design (any Intel GPU), or simply inadequate (80-shader AMD cards, 16-shader nVidia cards) is just presumptuous.

The game could be better optimized so that some lower performing cards could be accommodated on low settings; that is true.

But demands that the developers cripple the stunning graphics and animation so it can be run on the PC equivalent of outdated consoles are not worth the waste of bits they entail.

Top Bottom